ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****Official 2012 CP Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256626)

The Franchise 03-06-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8421811)
I can see that then. I still like having a top talent in the draft at T blocking for Forte and Charles over having a meh player blocking for AP and Charles.

Another thing about drafting Richardson would mean pretty much eliminating Charles. Which may not be a bad thing because Charles might not be the Charles we knew, ever again. Someone like Richardson is someone you don't have on the bench.

Not true. You can still give Richardson 20-25 touches a game and Charles 15-20.

jd1020 03-06-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBoweShow (Post 8421848)
I don't see why you need to eliminate Charles. Charles is someone you don't have on the bench. Why can't you just get them both around 15 touches in a game. I see nothing wrong with that. IMO

I guess I just don't see the sense in drafting an AP type RB to split carries.

Even last year when AP only played 12 games he was averaging 19 touches a game.

Vikes #2 who started the rest and played in all 16 averaged 8. If you take out the games he didn't start he was averaging 4 touches a game with AP healthy.

Now, Charles is better than Gerhart but hes not a 3 down back and sitting an AP type runner to accommodate someone else, even if it is Charles, just doesn't make sense to me.

the Talking Can 03-06-2012 12:19 PM

you can't take a ****ing guard at #11

I don't care if he has lazer beam eyes and a 90 foot cock that doubles as an apartment complex for pets...

never...****ing...ever

you: "hey, what's KC's biggest need?"
me: "QB"
you: "hey, the best option at #11 is a guard"
me: "this is the button for apocalypse...I'm pushing it, nice knowing y'all"

jd1020 03-06-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8421856)

Are we going to be the Denver Broncos now?

DaKCMan AP 03-06-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8421879)
you can't take a ****ing guard at #11

I don't care if he has lazer beam eyes and a 90 foot cock that doubles as an apartment complex for pets...

never...****ing...ever

you: "hey, what's KC's biggest need?"
me: "QB"
you: "hey, the best option at #11 is a guard"
me: "this is the button for apocalypse...I'm pushing it, nice knowing y'all"

A couple of guards were taken at #17 (Steve Hutchinson, Mike Iupati) and #23 (Davin Joseph, Danny Watkins) and Chris Naeole was taken #10 overall.

It's a weak draft this year and DeCastro is a great prospect. I wouldn't be upset with him at #11.

The Franchise 03-06-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8421938)

Do you understand the difference between touches and carries?

jd1020 03-06-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8421949)
Do you understand the difference between touches and carries?

Do you understand the ratio of rushes to catches RBs get?

The Broncos averaged 34 rushes a game.

Taking the best reception years of both Charles and Peterson and adding the ratio of rushes:catches to fit the 15-20 range for Charles and 20-25 range for Peterson you are looking at 30-36 rushes a game and about 5 catches combined.

DBoweShow 03-06-2012 12:41 PM

I don't personally see how Richardson and Charles splitting touches/carries is a bad thing at all. Keeps them both healthier and fresh, so when and if we can sneak into the playoffs with Castle/or be a top 5 offense with Manning, we have to stud running backs who are both fresh and ready to run in the 3 games in the postseason.

the Talking Can 03-06-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8421943)
A couple of guards were taken at #17 (Steve Hutchinson, Mike Iupati) and #23 (Davin Joseph, Danny Watkins) and Chris Naeole was taken #10 overall.

It's a weak draft this year and DeCastro is a great prospect. I wouldn't be upset with him at #11.

i'm not drafting the least important player on the field in the first round (without trading down), unless my team is set everywhere else...guards are the easiest position in football to find in the draft...and you don't need all-pro guards anyways...unless your QB and RB both suck ass, in which case you should be drafting a QB or RB

for a team with our needs, it's a giant ****ing waste...not to mention it just makes me sick on principal, a team that won't draft QBs but will draft guards..

*edit*

I'm not trying to be argumentative in this thread or derail it...this my second favorite thread of the year...just blowing off QB-related steam which sprays indiscriminately...

DaKCMan AP 03-06-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8421967)
i'm not drafting the least important player on the field in the first round (without trading down), unless my team is set everywhere else...guards are the easiest position in football to find in the draft...and you don't need all-pro guards anyways...unless your QB and RB both suck ass, in which case you should be drafting a QB or RB

for a team with our needs, it's a giant ****ing waste...not to mention it just makes me sick on principal, a team that won't draft QBs but will draft guards..

Disagree. A big, strong guard who can block giant tackles that is also athletic enough to pull and smart enough to pick up blitzes can open up the offense quite a bit. Sure, you can find guards late. I also think you can find RBs late. In a normal draft DeCastro wouldn't need to be taken this high, but it's a very weak draft.

htismaqe 03-06-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8421856)

You do realize that you're talking about an offense that has less balance than the 2010 offense, right?

htismaqe 03-06-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8421938)

I think with the thought of Matt Cassel being the starter fresh in their minds, that's the only option people see.

Myself, I'd rather not take Richardson...

Direckshun 03-06-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8420834)
Did Direckshun forget to PM him?

Maybe Direckshun is the dirty one.

Nope. Check his wall.

Direckshun 03-06-2012 01:57 PM

To be fair, Cassel's actually a halfway decent QB when the run game is on.

Richardson/Charles ensures that it's on for all 16 games.

You'll get nothing but 27/7 seasons out of him with that kind of consistency running the ball.

Direckshun 03-06-2012 02:01 PM

Seahawks badly need a QB or a DE. Both positions have been overdrafted so far. ROFL

SNR's in a bad place.

If he were comfortable with their character concerns, I'd go with either of the stud corners here.

Kuechly wouldn't be too bad of a fit, either. And there's always DeCastro, since Robert Gallery sucks the penis.

It just sucks SNR has to settle for this kind of bullshit.