ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Kodi Add Ons? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297271)

Fish 07-09-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 13620987)
What is this, you say?

EDIT: Also, unrelated, I assume there's a good workaround available for YouTube TV on Amazon Fire, yes?

That's Kodi Keymap Editor. It's a Kodi addon that allows you to configure any remote to do any function within Kodi. So you can customize your remote buttons to do whatever action you want. It's pretty straight forward, and very handy for customizing a remote:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

There's supposedly a workaround for Youtube TV, but I haven't actually tried it:

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-watch...fire-tv-stick/

I guess it's limited to 480p quality. Not sure if that would work for you.. Have you tried the Silk browser and accessing tv.youtube.com within that browser? I thought that was still working too..

Fish 07-09-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13621010)
Thanks for posting this. I haven't used my Firestick lately and when I fired it up last week, Exodus didn't work for me. It would never grab a list of providers. I assume it's dead?

Not necessarily completely dead. But you'll be so limited on working sources that it won't really be usable. These new ones I just linked will be infinitely better.

Jewish Rabbi 07-09-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13621124)
Not necessarily completely dead. But you'll be so limited on working sources that it won't really be usable. These new ones I just linked will be infinitely better.

Neptune Rising has been hot garbage for me. Didn’t realize a new version was up. I’ll have to give it a try. I’m using Perks Media with good success right now.

ThaVirus 07-09-2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13620708)
I haven't posted any updates lately as I've been busy with other stuff and haven't watched much TV lately. But here's the current best addons for Kodi, and how to install them:

****ing awesome.

Incursion worked well. I couldn't get Neptune Rising to work, though. It wouldn't connect to the Blamo thingy in the repository. No biggie. It's nice to have some more options. I gave up trying when Exodus stopped working several months ago.

My girlfriend says thank you, Fish lol

Fish 07-09-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 13621761)
Neptune Rising has been hot garbage for me. Didn’t realize a new version was up. I’ll have to give it a try. I’m using Perks Media with good success right now.

Haven't heard of that one. Thanks. I'll check it out. Setting up multiple different Android boxes for some friends and family to deliver during my summer vacation, so I'm having to get caught up. Haven't watched much media lately myself.

It's the nature of the beast, that it changes so quickly. That's why it's free.

Fish 07-09-2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13621772)
****ing awesome.

Incursion worked well. I couldn't get Neptune Rising to work, though. It wouldn't connect to the Blamo thingy in the repository. No biggie. It's nice to have some more options. I gave up trying when Exodus stopped working several months ago.

My girlfriend says thank you, Fish lol

:toast:

Recheck your addition of the repo. Usually it's a misspelling of the repo address.

If you're looking for a cheap media solution more reliable than the free sources, I'd really recommend a Furk subscription to go along with Incursion. If you can afford ~$6/mth for a Furk membership, the Incursion plugin provides really great performance at the moment. It incorporates your individual Furk API key, which makes requests faster. No buffering. It's not perfect, but it's really fast and it manages your shows for you. You need Paypal to pay. Basically Netflix for everything via Kodi, plus you get access to any software/music/any digital media on the side via any other device. If you have any questions let me know. I've gotten several others here on to Furk.

Fish 07-10-2018 08:14 AM

Youtube TV on Fire TV...

This apk will work: http://bit.ly/2rXIvVO

The quality is not the best at the moment. But I tested it on an old FireTV of mine, and it works. Lots of devs are actively working on this, so if the feud between Amazon and Google isn't resolved soon, the devs will likely have it working regardless.

SuperChief 07-10-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13621811)

Recheck your addition of the repo. Usually it's a misspelling of the repo address.

If you're looking for a cheap media solution more reliable than the free sources, I'd really recommend a Furk subscription to go along with Incursion. If you can afford ~$6/mth for a Furk membership, the Incursion plugin provides really great performance at the moment. It incorporates your individual Furk API key, which makes requests faster. No buffering. It's not perfect, but it's really fast and it manages your shows for you. You need Paypal to pay. Basically Netflix for everything via Kodi, plus you get access to any software/music/any digital media on the side via any other device. If you have any questions let me know. I've gotten several others here on to Furk.

I'm gonna have to look into Incursion, because I just broke down and purchased another year sub to Furk. Fish knows what he's taking about, dudes - Furk is incredible.

SuperChief 07-10-2018 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13622017)
Youtube TV on Fire TV...

This apk will work: http://bit.ly/2rXIvVO

The quality is not the best at the moment. But I tested it on an old FireTV of mine, and it works. Lots of devs are actively working on this, so if the feud between Amazon and Google isn't resolved soon, the devs will likely have it working regardless.

Thanks for that. I'm hoping they resolve their shit. I literally went out and got the newest Chromecast solely for YouTube TV, but I haaaaate not being able to use my FireTV remote. A phone is not a damn remote.

Fish 07-10-2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 13622060)
I'm gonna have to look into Incursion, because I just broke down and purchased another year sub to Furk. Fish knows what he's taking about, dudes - Furk is incredible.

Yeah, Incursion really makes Furk shine. Works so well.. Note that you have to go into the addon settings and enter your Furk credentials, including your individual Furk API key, which can be found here: https://www.furk.net/t/api

But once you do, it will list all your Furk search results first. You can customize it to determine how many Furk results to query and such. And you can incorporate those results into your Kodi library, to keep track of episodes you've watched. You can even include an IMDB or Trakt account if you use that.

SuperChief 07-10-2018 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13622077)
Yeah, Incursion really makes Furk shine. Works so well.. Note that you have to go into the addon settings and enter your Furk credentials, including your individual Furk API key, which can be found here: https://www.furk.net/t/api

But once you do, it will list all your Furk search results first. You can customize it to determine how many Furk results to query and such. And you can incorporate those results into your Kodi library, to keep track of episodes you've watched. You can even include an IMDB or Trakt account if you use that.

Right on, appreciate the info bro. Excited to give it a whirl!

Is it better than the WTFurk addon?

Fish 07-10-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 13622459)
Right on, appreciate the info bro. Excited to give it a whirl!

Is it better than the WTFurk addon?

Yes, it puts the WTFurk addon to shame. Much better search results. Easier to navigate. Easier to access your saved Furk files. Works flawlessly with the Kodi library. And you get alternative sources to fall back on if by chance it's not on Furk.

SuperChief 07-11-2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13622850)
Yes, it puts the WTFurk addon to shame. Much better search results. Easier to navigate. Easier to access your saved Furk files. Works flawlessly with the Kodi library. And you get alternative sources to fall back on if by chance it's not on Furk.

So I tried Incursion last night - put Furk credentials in as advised. First two streams I tried (two different shows) ended up being a different show entirely from what it was supposed to be. Not a good first impression. The weird thing is they were both from Furk.

I was also not impressed with the load time. WTFurk seems much faster - granted they aren't pulling from all those other sources, perhaps?

stumppy 07-20-2018 12:13 PM

Just got my first Amazon Fire Stick. Before I even plug it in and set it up does anyone have any suggestions on anything I should do right away?

RustShack 09-10-2018 04:46 PM

Well Terrarium is shutting down. I’ve been using it the last year or so after my Kodi stopped working so that’s disappointing.

RustShack 09-10-2018 06:03 PM

I guess Neptune Rising and Placenta are down currently too? I just tried exodus 6 and it let me install it, but I can’t get any movies to play and the very few links that do work just lag and buffer too much to watch.

Baby Lee 09-10-2018 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 13722754)
I guess Neptune Rising and Placenta are down currently too? I just tried exodus 6 and it let me install it, but I can’t get any movies to play and the very few links that do work just lag and buffer too much to watch.

I JUST got done watching some shows on Neptune Rising. :shrug:

Baby Lee 09-10-2018 06:12 PM

Anyone know how they deal with persistently mislabelled shows?

I've noticed it a few times, and some correct themselves later.

But, for example, I went to check out the new 'In Search Of . . .' with Zachary Quinto. And every episode [even though it specifies 2018 in the title] brings up the old series from the 70s.

RustShack 09-10-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13722772)
I JUST got done watching some shows on Neptune Rising. :shrug:

It won’t let me install it, saying the repository is down.

Jewish Rabbi 09-10-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 13722754)

Have you tried the meatspin add on?

SAGA45 09-17-2018 11:24 PM

what is furk?

SAGA45 09-18-2018 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13620711)
Mobdro is currently the best app for live TV if you're looking for something like Terrarium TV for Live TV:

http://mobdrodownloadapp.net/

It's an Android apk, so it only works on Android or emulated.

I installed this on Kodi but got nothing but error messages

Fish 09-18-2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 13742814)
I installed this on Kodi but got nothing but error messages

Huh? It's an .apk Android application. You can't install it in Kodi. I'm guessing you installed something else...

Baby Lee 09-18-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 13742404)
what is furk?

scoops fud fur moufs.

SuperChief 09-18-2018 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 13742404)
what is furk?

I'd recommend doing a search for "Furk" and behold all that has been written about it - mostly by Fish. It's pretty great.

Fish 09-18-2018 03:21 PM

Furk is a magical place of untold wonders.

htismaqe 09-18-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13743329)
scoops fud fur moufs.

ROFL

SAGA45 09-18-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13742891)
Huh? It's an .apk Android application. You can't install it in Kodi. I'm guessing you installed something else...

I followed this: https://mobdrodownloadapp.net/mobdro-kodi/

Bad move?

BryanBusby 09-18-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13620711)
Mobdro is currently the best app for live TV if you're looking for something like Terrarium TV for Live TV:

http://mobdrodownloadapp.net/

It's an Android apk, so it only works on Android or emulated.

Is it a torrenting platform or just streaming?

Fish 09-18-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 13744180)

Yeah, that's just the Kodi addon attempt at that plugin. But those rarely work because they require constant code updates. I don't think you'll find a stable Kodi plugin for this service. Stick with the Android version which is updated regularly at this time. You can run an Android emulator on Windows 10 or MacOS if that's all you have. If you just have iOS, you're shit out of luck.

Here's the latest Android version: https://mobdro.onl/download/apk/

Fish 09-18-2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13744437)
Is it a torrenting platform or just streaming?

Just live streaming. The quality varies, but they have really consistent streams. If you require live streams for free, it's the best option at the moment.

The Franchise 09-19-2018 11:36 AM

What's the best add on for watching current TV shows? It doesn't have to be the day of or the exact time it's on. My wife has like 4-5 current shows that she likes to watch and I'm looking for something that she can use to go watch the episodes the day after they're out.

Currently we have Philo and CBS streaming.

Kyle DeLexus 09-28-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13621811)

$6/month? It's looking like $11usd/month now.

Fish 09-29-2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 13771830)
$6/month? It's looking like $11usd/month now.

Yeah, price went up. It's absolutely positively worth that to me.

Kyle DeLexus 09-29-2018 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13772168)
Yeah, price went up. It's absolutely positively worth that to me.

Are you a lifetimer? Or are you like me and scared to do lifetime anything when it comes to this kind of stuff since it could shut down tomorrow?

Fish 09-29-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 13772212)
Are you a lifetimer? Or are you like me and scared to do lifetime anything when it comes to this kind of stuff since it could shut down tomorrow?

Nah, I do the 6 month plan. Lifetime plan is quite a bit, and yeah there's no guarantee...

thabear04 10-20-2018 05:18 PM

Need to update my fire stick still using krypton 17.6

Will this site help

https://www.firesticktricks.com/kodi-update.html

Kyle DeLexus 10-21-2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 13830270)
Need to update my fire stick still using krypton 17.6

Will this site help

https://www.firesticktricks.com/kodi-update.html

I believe Krypton 17.6 is the latest stable build.

thabear04 10-21-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 13831484)
I believe Krypton 17.6 is the latest stable build.

Still okay because it’s been months since I updated it.

SAGA45 11-22-2018 05:16 PM

Anybody using IPVanish? Is it worth it?

fireps 12-13-2018 12:42 AM

VPN For Kodi

I've tested many VPNs on my Firestick but I found that, Express VPN is superfast. On a 100MBps broadband connection, I'm getting almost 93MBps speed on Express VPN. So, I recommend you to go with this article- firestickhelp(.)com/best-vpn-kodi/

jjchieffan 02-27-2019 10:08 AM

So, who's still using Kodi? I ended up dropping it because all the repos I had quit working and Terrarium did all I needed. Of course Terrarium died, so I switched to Morpheus. It died too. Now I'm using Cinema and like it just fine.

Mecca 02-27-2019 10:14 AM

I still use it, just upgraded to 18.1 lea, i now just use builds it's easier to keep updated.

siberian khatru 02-27-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 14126194)
So, who's still using Kodi? I ended up dropping it because all the repos I had quit working and Terrarium did all I needed. Of course Terrarium died, so I switched to Morpheus. It died too. Now I'm using Cinema and like it just fine.

I abandoned mine. Worked great for a year, loved it, then all the good stuff started shutting down. It became too much work trying to keep up. Too bad.

Mecca 02-27-2019 10:32 AM

there is a kodi app on xbox one now...that caught me off guard.

jjchieffan 02-27-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 14126228)
I abandoned mine. Worked great for a year, loved it, then all the good stuff started shutting down. It became too much work trying to keep up. Too bad.

Same here.

jjchieffan 02-27-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14126207)
I still use it, just upgraded to 18.1 lea, i now just use builds it's easier to keep updated.

That's what I was doing. But as stuff shut down, I was having to keep changing builds. Do you just use Kodi or do you have a combination of things?

Mecca 02-27-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 14126338)
That's what I was doing. But as stuff shut down, I was having to keep changing builds. Do you just use Kodi or do you have a combination of things?

I use it for some things. Like I have netflix and hulu and some tv apps. But the new build I put in yesterday everything was working great.

Also if you don't have a VPN shit seems to not work right.

SuperChief 02-27-2019 02:17 PM

Still use mine. It's hit and miss. Need to update, though.

Fish 02-27-2019 02:19 PM

I'm still using Incursion with Furk. Still works great.

SuperChief 02-27-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14126867)
I'm still using Incursion with Furk. Still works great.

That's pretty much all I use. Still, it's hit and miss for me.

jjchieffan 07-04-2019 10:31 AM

Fish, I just wanted to say that you were right. I wasted my money on that expensive streaming box. I use Firesticks now. That expensive box isn't even touched anymore. I wish that I had sought your advice before buying it.

Fish 07-05-2019 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 14334525)
Fish, I just wanted to say that you were right. I wasted my money on that expensive streaming box. I use Firesticks now. That expensive box isn't even touched anymore. I wish that I had sought your advice before buying it.

Anytime bud.

Baby Lee 03-23-2020 10:03 AM

Anyone experiencing kodi glitchiness?

Not a big deal, plenty of workarounds and other sources, but I've definitely noticed and haven't seen anyone talking about it.

I use either Fen or Exodus Redux, depending on my mood. And they are fine listing and updating available episodes, but when it comes to actually streaming, they either take forever then drop out, or stream for 2-3 minutes before the buffer has been overrun. And it won't let you build up the buffer by pausing and doing other things either. Paused a couple programs for 30min-1hr and they still only played a couple minutes before freezing again.

Could just be my setup happened to get glitchy right when the quarantine started, but seems like something is pausing or throttling streams.

SAGA45 03-24-2020 03:31 PM

actually need to update to 18.6. Currently using an 18.5 Xanax build with a real-debrid account and having zero issues.

fireps 12-17-2020 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laser1972 (Post 12003306)
I can do the search, but mostly its a lot of info, thought this qould be quicker..

I bought a box off the net and put Phoenix on there which I used most of the time, all other like Genesis, etc are gone.

Anyone else got some more add ons to add?.. Mostly for movies and tv shows.. Maybe NFL ticket?

Thanks to alL!

You can check the list of all updated Kodi addons here-
The Crew
The Magic Dragon
Exodus Redux
Seren
Covenant
Exodus v8
Numbers
Venom
Nemesis (AIO)
Tempest
IT (13 Clown Fork)

vicycleone 01-11-2021 01:52 AM

The Crew – Compatible with Kodi 18.
Seren (Premium Add-On for Real Debrid Users) – Compatible with Kodi 18.
Venom – (Premium Add-On for Real Debrid Users) – Compatible with Kodi 18.
Exodus Redux & V8 – Compatible with Kodi 18.
FEN – Compatible with Kodi 18.

bowener 01-11-2021 12:46 PM

Can some of you knowledgable folks get me caught up on what the best setup is now? I haven't messed with torrent streaming in several years, but it is time I get back on the open seas.

Fish 01-11-2021 03:32 PM

Kodi plugins are mostly worthless at this point. Nothing but frustration.

Baby Lee 01-11-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15469302)
Kodi plugins are mostly worthless at this point. Nothing but frustration.

I dropped Fen because they require paid debrider, but Exodus Redux is still chugging along for what I consume.

Great Expectations 05-05-2021 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 13910071)
Anybody using IPVanish? Is it worth it?

I have it and it doesn’t work on the MLB AT Bat app. It doesn’t slow me down much tho.

Wilsonsok 03-01-2022 02:01 AM

I am using the Livenet tv addon for Kodi.

jameca 11-12-2022 11:26 PM

The following is the list on best working Kodi addons as on 13 November 2022:-

Best Kodi Addons for Movies
TheCrew
Kingpin
Exodus Redux
Seren
The Promise
Ezra
Alvin
The Magic Dragon
Tempest
Tubi TV
LaPlaza
GAIA
Rising Tides
TAZ
No One
USTVNow
TEMPTV
Funimation
Covenant
Patriot
KodiVerse
Apex
Cypher Media
Scrubs V2
Release BB
Homelander
Snagfilms
Ever Best Kodi Add-ons That Are Not Working
FEN
Venom
TheOath
Kodi Sports Addons
Sportowa TV
iPlayer WWW
NBC Sports Live Extra
Fox Sports GO
Sportsnet NOW
SportHD
Kodi Addons for Kids
Kidz Club
Thomas and Friends
DG
The Mad Titan
Kodi Addons for Streaming Music
MP3 Stream
SoundCloud
Spotify
Radio
Music Box
Dreamzbeats

Stewie 04-07-2024 03:56 PM

Is Kodi still a thing? I've been looking into it, but it seems it might have died on the vine. Is it worth my effort at this point? TIA.

SAGA45 04-07-2024 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 17474695)
Is Kodi still a thing? I've been looking into it, but it seems it might have died on the vine. Is it worth my effort at this point? TIA.

It's still rollin. Just have to keep up with the top trending add-ons .

Link: https://kodiapps.com/addons-chart

Also, a real-debrid account is essential.