ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Gladiator 2018 - Round 1, Match 15 - Pablo versus Pestilence (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316123)

Rain Man 07-07-2018 08:41 PM

Gladiator 2018 - Round 1, Match 15 - Pablo versus Pestilence

Vote for the person that you think would win this match in a battle to death or submission. As background, assume that prior to the tournament you received 10 minutes of training on every weapon. The time listed is the amount of time before the match where you learn what the weaponry and venue is.

Venue - In a strip club (normal crowd present)
Starting Distance - 68 feet

Pablo

Main Weapon - Baseball Bat with six nails studded into it
Backup Weapon - Bowie knife

Prep Time - 13 Minutes
Special Factors - An angry trained pit bull is on a leash that is welded to your non-weapon wrist

Pestilence

Main Weapon - Two Handed Sword
Backup Weapon - Bullwhip

Prep Time - 11 Minutes
Special Factors - An unreachable 8 year-old kid 50 feet away will shoot you with a BB gun every 60 seconds, starting at t=0.

loochy 07-07-2018 08:43 PM

oh man, pablo for sure because of the dog

Rasputin 07-07-2018 08:44 PM

The kid is bound to shoot his eye out

Pasta Little Brioni 07-07-2018 08:48 PM

Pestlince cuts the dogs head off, the weight of the beast pulls down Pablo and Pest slices and dices to victory.

TimBone 07-07-2018 08:50 PM

The dog really gives Pablo the advantage here. Pest is gonna have to choose between attacking the dog or Pablo with that two handed sword, and the whichever one he doesn't choose is gonna have a free attack on him.

MagicHef 07-07-2018 08:50 PM

Can I assume that the dog is trained to obey its holder?

Sassy Squatch 07-07-2018 08:50 PM

How long is the leash?

TimBone 07-07-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13619208)
Pestlince cuts the dogs head off, the weight of the beast pulls down Pablo and Pest slices and dices to victory.

If the leash is attached to a neck collar, it should come off if the dogs head gets chopped off.

Rain Man 07-07-2018 08:52 PM

This match will come down to whether Pestilence is heartless enough to kill a dog with a bladed weapon.

I think he can do it. My money is on Pestilence, though it's a close one. Really, it depends on whether he's fast enough with a large sword to take down the dog. That's the part I'm not sure of.

Rain Man 07-07-2018 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13619213)
How long is the leash?

Let's assume a standard length of six feet.

Rain Man 07-07-2018 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 13619211)
Can I assume that the dog is trained to obey its holder?

Yes, the dog will obey Pablo.

Pablo 07-07-2018 08:58 PM

He's ****ed. He had better land a killshot on the dog the first swing and hope I don't connect with a bat to the temple as he does it. Even if he only gravely injures the pit bull with his first swing it will still have enough power and fight in it to really **** up his day.

He's dead. I take the money out of his wallet and then take sloppy stripper head over his disfigured corpse.

Buehler445 07-07-2018 09:00 PM

Pest. It would take respectable footwork but he has a tactical advantage over the bat and the dog. He just can’t get locked up and need to defend against both.

Buehler445 07-07-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 13619232)
He's ****ed. He had better land a killshot on the dog the first swing and hope I don't connect with a bat to the temple as he does it. Even if he only gravely injures the pit bull with his first swing it will still have enough power and fight in it to really **** up his day.

He's dead. I take the money out of his wallet and then take sloppy stripper head over his disfigured corpse.

ROFL

This post may change my mind. God I love this place.

Bowser 07-07-2018 09:32 PM

On top of Pest having to deal with killing a dog and parrying away Pablo's zombie killer bat, he's got some bratty little shit popping his ass with BB's every 60 seconds?

Yeah, Pablo takes this. Tough draw for Pest.

Bowser 07-07-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

That little bastard with the BB gun is going to bury one in your dickhole. Better sic Cujo on his ass as soon as you're done going Tony Gwynn on Pest. Give the dog something to do while Destiny takes your temperature.

Why Not? 07-07-2018 11:09 PM

I think Pest here. The sword has longer reach than the bat. One swift swing to the head of the dog, jump back and stab Pablo. The whole thing is over in 45 seconds rendering the kid irrelevant

TimBone 07-08-2018 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 13619322)
I think Pest here. The sword has longer reach than the bat. One swift swing to the head of the dog, jump back and stab Pablo. The whole thing is over in 45 seconds rendering the kid irrelevant

No ****ing way. I like Pest, but you've gotta be pretty proficient with a two handed sword to pull off a move that smooth.

Pest, how skilled are you with a big was sword?

Buehler445 07-08-2018 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 13619354)
No ****ing way. I like Pest, but you've gotta be pretty proficient with a two handed sword to pull off a move that smooth.

It shouldn't be too tough of a maneuver. Pablo wouldn't be able to charge very hard because of the dog. Sure he could close some ground, but Pest should be able to keep the distance he needs because he's unencumbered.

Even if he just wounds the dog, should be fine because the pair won't get any faster.

If it's a respectable sword the balance should be good enough to do the hacking without any trouble. I watched some interesting videos from scholagladiatoria (link) about how swords are made for speed and aren't some lumbering heavy ass weapon. With the serious length advantage it should work. Like I said, it will take some respectable footwork, but I like Pest here.

The Franchise 07-08-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 13619354)

I was a huge nerd back in the day and used to have sword fights with my friends. ****ing truth.

The Franchise 07-08-2018 11:43 AM

There’s a normal crowd of people in the strip club which means Pablo and his dog have to maneuver all of that.

Skyy God 07-08-2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

Does the dog (assuming it survived) get to watch??

Sofa King 07-08-2018 03:15 PM

The dog is dead. Pest could hold the damn sword straight out and kill that thing as it charges, pulling Pablo along for the ride. Good luck swinging that bat one handed with a ****ig dog dragging you around and jerking on your arm. BB gun kid is irrelevant. Pablo doesn’t have enough balance for this.

Pest’s Only disadvantage is his tiny soft non flexible baby fists.

Rain Man 07-08-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 13619531)

If the dog survives, it would spend all of its extra time sniffing crotches.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-08-2018 03:28 PM

Pest throws his wife to the dog and lands a clean swipe on Pablo.

Rain Man 07-08-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad (Post 13619741)
Pest throws his wife to the dog and lands a clean swipe on Pablo.

You think he's bringing his wife to a strip club?

Coochie liquor 07-08-2018 04:27 PM

Gotta go with Pablo. He seems to have the advantage between the dog, and the kid shooting Pest (who the **** brought an 8 year old to a strip club btw). Also the lighter weapon will help. Gotta take Pablo!

Pablo 07-08-2018 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 13619531)

He feasts on innards as the stripper feasts on my innards.

KS Smitty 07-08-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13619747)
You think he's bringing his wife to a strip club?

Maybe she works there.

Sofa King 07-09-2018 12:26 AM

You people need to walk a dog sometime. Especially one that wants to ****ing kill something. No way you could win a fight with a dog chained to you. Pestilence losing is a crime.

ModSocks 07-09-2018 09:29 AM

It's Pestilence. You guys aren't thinking this clearly.

I've looked into my crystal ball and this is how it goes down:

Pest is chillin', getting a lap dance when Pablo knocks the door down. Pablo stands there, all you can see is his silhouette as the fog machine rolls a thick blanket through the club.

Pest pushes the bimbos away, gets up and grabs his 2h Sword. Then immediately gets shot in the back of the head with a BB gun, which only angers him. Pest charges at Pablo, but then quickly stops as the dog emerges from the fog, barking and gnashing teeth. Pest and Pablo stand deadlocked with a dog between them. That's when Pablo makes his move!

Pablo swings the bat with his one arm but is un able to create any torque, as it requires two arms to swing the bat effectively. This wild, loose swing compromises his balance. The dog lunges at Pest, dragging Pablo to the ground.

Pest grabs a stripper and chucks it at the dog, leaps over their collided bodies and impales Pablo, who' still on the ground, with his claymore.

As Pest walks back to to the table with the ho's, he gets shot in the ass....the fight is over, but since when do little kids listen?

The Franchise 07-09-2018 09:44 AM

Some people are just beyond ****ing stupid. Go chain an angry pit bull to your wrist and then try and swing a bat with any power or accuracy.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-09-2018 09:47 AM

Isn't Pablo sort of a midget too? He's not controlling that damn dog. The dog tying up an arm is a disadvantage.

ModSocks 07-09-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13620421)
Some people are just beyond ****ing stupid. Go chain an angry pit bull to your wrist and then try and swing a bat with any power or accuracy.

Seriously. I remember trying to walk my buddy's full blood American Pitt.....it was a big, muscular machine. Fantastic dog. Happy as could be.

But...uh...he was walking ME more so than i was walking him.

The Franchise 07-09-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13620446)
Seriously. I remember trying to walk my buddy's full blood American Pitt.....it was a big, muscular machine. Fantastic dog. Happy as could be.

But...uh...he was walking ME more so than i was walking him.

I have a 2 year old pitbull that weighs 80 lbs. That ****er pulls me on walks and I'm 250 lbs. And there is no way that I would be able to fight anyone if he was determined to **** someone up.

Sofa King 07-09-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Truth

Sofa King 07-09-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13620455)
I have a 2 year old pitbull that weighs 80 lbs. That ****er pulls me on walks and I'm 250 lbs. And there is no way that I would be able to fight anyone if he was determined to **** someone up.

Jesus. 250 lbs now? Being a father of 8 sure hasn’t been kind.

The Franchise 07-09-2018 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 13620460)
Jesus. 250 lbs now? Being a father of 8 sure hasn’t been kind.

ROFL I've always been fat and it's 3 kids, dick. You're thinking of Plow.

DJ's left nut 07-09-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

'Leash' /= chain.

Pablo has a bowie knife and Rainman has already said that the dog will obey Pablo.

So he just uses the knife to cut the damn leash (it may be tight to his wrist, but that doesn't mean he can't cut it somewhere; later in the leash, collar - whatever), tells the dog to eat you and then should you manage to catch the dog in flight with a broadsword, he just gets you in your moment of distracting with his nailclub.

And even if he some titanium leash or something - angry doesn't mean unruly. The prompt says it's a trained and obedient dog. An angry Belgian Malinois on a leash is a sight to behold but when they're trained, they're pretty much a ball of barely restrained hate. So look at the pit as though it's a well trained police k-9 sort of dog. That 'barely restrained' is gonna be enough for him to keep things on track and when he's within killing range, he'll give the dog the go command and you be ****ed.

Sofa King 07-09-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13620478)
ROFL I've always been fat and it's 3 kids, dick. You're thinking of Plow.

How come your hands are so dainty then? It doesn’t make sense.

Rain Man 07-09-2018 10:12 AM

It was a close match, but at the end the strippers sidle up to Pablo and ask him if he'd like a dance. Pablo moves on to the second round while Pestilence is tossed out into the dumpster of a nearby Taco Tico.

Sofa King 07-09-2018 12:43 PM

I humbly request that the dumpster also be lit on fire. I feel like Pestilence would like to go out in a little more glory. Maybe keep some hobo’s warm for the night.

The Franchise 07-09-2018 12:46 PM

You all have chosen to kill a part of Fisty. Way to go you ****s.

ModSocks 07-09-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 13620775)
I humbly request that the dumpster also be lit on fire. I feel like Pestilence would like to go out in a little more glory. Maybe keep some hobo’s warm for the night.

We could light the dumpster on fire and then roll the dumpster down the street. In honor of Pest. It would be epic.

Rain Man 07-09-2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13620784)
We could light the dumpster on fire and then roll the dumpster down the street. In honor of Pest. It would be epic.

It would be an urban Viking burial. People should do this in real life.