ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271757)

Rasputin 04-03-2013 11:34 PM

The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/03...l?storylink=fb

NEW YORK — NBC on Wednesday announced its long-rumored switch in late night, replacing incumbent Jay Leno at "The Tonight Show" with Jimmy Fallon and moving the iconic franchise back to New York.

I think this is great never curred for Leno. David Letterman will always be my favorite but I think Jimmy Fallon is pretty good late night host. Big upgrade over Leno imo.

Am surprised if this is not Q lol.

Gravedigger 04-04-2013 12:32 AM

#1. **** Leno. After the Conan O'Brien fiasco that twat can go back to driving his millions of dollars worth of cars and stay gone this time.

#2. Jimmy Fallon sucks.

KurtCobain 04-04-2013 02:15 AM

Jimmy Kimmel

007 04-04-2013 05:38 AM

They should have never let Conan go.

I wonder how long it will take for Fallon to get replaced with Leno.

NewChief 04-04-2013 06:13 AM

I wonder if Fallon will keep the Roots and his musical bookings?

The performances on his show have been pretty amazing throughout the years, and I'd hate to see that go by the wayside in favor of more mainstream and safe acts.

Deberg_1990 04-04-2013 06:18 AM

I wonder how Letterman and Conan feel knowing they never got the Tonight Show...Epsecially Conan who got teased with it.

007 04-04-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9555548)
I wonder how Letterman and Conan feel knowing they never got the Tonight Show...Epsecially Conan who got teased with it.

Don't get ahead of yourself here. Fallon still has to survive the "we want Leno back" crowd first.

Deberg_1990 04-04-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9555549)
Don't get ahead of yourself here. Fallon still has to survive the "we want Leno back" crowd first.

Oh well, its hard to feel sorry for any of these guys really. In the end, they all made millions upon millions.

Mr. Laz 04-04-2013 09:03 AM

Jimmy Fallon is a really talented guy

we'll see whether he can survive the shitstorm

Buehler445 04-04-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9555769)

True. But I REALLY ****ing hate those commercials with the baby.

Deberg_1990 04-04-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9555769)

Actually, all the hosts like like right now except for Leno.

Fallon, Letterman, Kimmel and Conan basically all competing against each other at the same time will be a real battle.

loochy 04-04-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9555549)

WHERE'S MY LENO?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cXNkWeiqq0...00/old+man.jpg

The Franchise 04-04-2013 09:21 AM

**** Jimmy Fallon. Overrated piece of shit.

Bewbies 04-04-2013 09:24 AM

This won't work, just like Conan before the Leno audience is way different than the late night audience.

Frazod 04-04-2013 09:58 AM

I can't remember the last time I watched any of them, although the only one I truly like at this point is Craig Ferguson.

NewChief 04-04-2013 10:05 AM

I don't get all the Fallon hate. I don't watch his show regularly, but the bits I see are really good (History of Rap and other musical bits).

Thig Lyfe 04-04-2013 10:13 AM

NOW they keep the show in NYC. That's what could have saved Conan, I think.

Beef Supreme 04-04-2013 10:55 AM

Jimmy Fallon always seems like he is reading a tele-prompter ... badly.

jspchief 04-04-2013 11:06 AM

Johnny Carson

cardken2 04-05-2013 05:08 AM

Arsino Hall returns in Syndication this Fall. Seth Myers is rumored to take Fallons spot, when he makes the switch to "Tonight." And Letterman contract is up 2015, Jon Stewart is being talked about as his replacement, he is in the Viacom stable already. Interesting "change" in the Late Night landscape ahead.

007 04-05-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardken2 (Post 9558499)
Arsino Hall returns in Syndication this Fall. Seth Myers is rumored to take Fallons spot, when he makes the switch to "Tonight." And Letterman contract is up 2015, Jon Stewart is being talked about as his replacement, he is in the Viacom stable already. Interesting "change" in the Late Night landscape ahead.

Stewart will take Lettermans slot instead of Fergesun?

Frazod 04-05-2013 09:33 AM

I actually watched bits of Fallon, Leno and Ferguson last night. It just amazes me that anybody likes any of them other than Ferguson.

Mr. Laz 04-05-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardken2 (Post 9558499)

looks like to me they are trying to reduce the cost of the host

Leno and Letterman probably get paid big time

Fish 04-05-2013 09:53 AM

Louis C.K. got screwed.....

MahiMike 04-05-2013 10:03 AM

At least Jimmy Fallon has some talent. Only late night host that can sing and play guitar. His musical spoofs are hilarious.

That being said, I like Conan better. The one that doesn't get mentioned is Craig Ferguson. What they do on a low budget is outstanding. And his gay skeleton sidekick is better than anyone on late night.

Letterman used to be my favorite until he turned into a grumpy old man. Leno always had the best monologues but he's a dick for ruining Conan's life.

Frazod 04-05-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9558902)
At least Jimmy Fallon has some talent. Only late night host that can sing and play guitar. His musical spoofs are hilarious.

That being said, I like Conan better. The one that doesn't get mentioned is Craig Ferguson. What they do on a low budget is outstanding. And his gay skeleton sidekick is better than anyone on late night.

Letterman used to be my favorite until he turned into a grumpy old man. Leno always had the best monologues but he's a dick for ruining Conan's life.

How many millions did Conan get paid by NBC? ****, I wish Leno would ruin my life. LMAO

Omaha 04-05-2013 10:28 AM

Leno has always been a schmuck. Letterman was great, but he's gotten stuck in his old man schtick. I think Fallon's show is the best of the bunch.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-05-2013 10:29 AM

I hated Fallon on SNL, but I actually think he's an excellent late night host. Never thought I'd like him that much.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-05-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9558978)
Leno has always been a schmuck. Letterman was great, but he's gotten stuck in his old man schtick. I think Fallon's show is the best of the bunch.

Give that bitch a cheeseburger.

Direckshun 05-20-2021 09:46 AM

I read it just got renewed for five years.

I'm kind of addicted to tracking late night talk show ratings, and I've never known why. Just tracked it since Letterman/Leno and never stopped. Fallon takes over for Leno, changes the format of the Tonight Show to whatever it is he's doing now, and he ends up obliterating Letterman.

Colbert takes over and Colbert -- at least in terms of traditional ratings -- has been absolutely smacking down Jimmy Fallon for years. And Fallon's traditional ratings are now so low, he regularly loses to Kimmel, and now Greg freaking Gutfeld on Fox freaking News is seeing higher ratings than The Tonight Show -- it's nutso.

But I can't figure out if this show is popular or not. In terms of traditional ratings, this is probably the nadir of the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, but he still has the most YouTube subscriptions (I think he more than triples Colbert there), and the show has the biggest following of all the late night talkshows on all the key social media networks.

I don't know how much that's worth, to be honest. Does it compensate for the traditional ratings? Does it more than compensate?

Whatever it's doing, it's working for NBC, because he just got extended five years. I seriously thought he was on the verge of getting canned due to the shellacking he's taken over the past half decade.

Sofa King 05-20-2021 12:42 PM

I don't know a single person that watches these shows, or at least watches them live. They're so political and unimportant.

Direckshun 05-20-2021 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 15680929)
I don't know a single person that watches these shows, or at least watches them live. They're so political and unimportant.

Complaining that Jimmy Fallon's show is political is like complaining that trees are too loud.

Great Expectations 05-20-2021 01:02 PM

I heard an interview with James Corden a few years ago where they said the only thing they tracked was internet downloads. They didn’t care at all about the traditional Nielsen ratings.

Frazod 05-20-2021 02:58 PM

I said eight years ago that the last late night talk show host I actually enjoyed watching was Craig Ferguson, and that still goes. What an utter wasteland of politard idiocy. I guess O'Brien is okay (or at least was - haven't watched his show in forever) but beyond that it's just levels of douchery. Fallon is probably the least offensive - it seems like he does the spiteful political crap because he either has to or feels like he has to in order to sate his audience, not because he wants to. The rest.... ****. Kimmel, Meyers and Colbert are walking piles of shit, especially Colbert. He's got to be one of the most loathsome human beings that ever lived.

Compared to Johnny Carson, they're not just swimming in his shoes; they're microbes swimming in the ocean.

GayFrogs 05-21-2021 06:51 PM

It hurts how much conan went downhill. He switched to a low-energy format a couple years ago where he sits on a chair (no desk), and talks to a guest. It feels more like dick cavett than conan and it doesn't suit him well. Apparently he goes off the air next month :(

Please let me go back in time to NBC conan and old-school daily show

BigRedChief 05-21-2021 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GayFrogs (Post 15682853)
It hurts how much conan went downhill. He switched to a low-energy format a couple years ago where he sits on a chair (no desk), and talks to a guest. It feels more like dick cavett than conan and it doesn't suit him well. Apparently he goes off the air next month :(

Please let me go back in time to NBC conan and old-school daily show

I like his podcast way better than the Conan TBS version.

Mennonite 05-22-2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GayFrogs (Post 15682853)
old-school daily show

This made me google Craig Kilborn and now I'm sad.

GayFrogs 05-22-2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15683176)
I like his podcast way better than the Conan TBS version.

I totally forgot about his podcast.

BigRedChief 05-22-2021 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GayFrogs (Post 15683398)
I totally forgot about his podcast.

His is my favorite “interview” type podcast. He’s always got a few off the cuff remarks that are funny as hell. It’s generic but still fun.

Definitely not a probing serious life story interview like the one that Mark Maron does well.

cabletech94 05-22-2021 05:58 PM

JUMANJIIII!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 15683334)

AustinChief 05-22-2021 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15681196)
I said eight years ago that the last late night talk show host I actually enjoyed watching was Craig Ferguson, and that still goes. What an utter wasteland of politard idiocy. I guess O'Brien is okay (or at least was - haven't watched his show in forever) but beyond that it's just levels of douchery. Fallon is probably the least offensive - it seems like he does the spiteful political crap because he either has to or feels like he has to in order to sate his audience, not because he wants to. The rest.... ****. Kimmel, Meyers and Colbert are walking piles of shit, especially Colbert. He's got to be one of the most loathsome human beings that ever lived.

Compared to Johnny Carson, they're not just swimming in his shoes; they're microbes swimming in the ocean.

Absolute truth. The entire post.

AustinChief 05-22-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 15680975)
Complaining that Jimmy Fallon's show is political is like complaining that trees are too loud.

It's funny. I hear comments like this from what I call "the oblivious left." They honestly don't see how overwhelmingly slanted and political all media is at this point in history. You can point it out step by step and they will disagree until it becomes obvious that they have no leg to stand on then they generally will shrug their shoulders and forget the entire conversation and go back to being oblivious.

displacedinMN 05-22-2021 07:19 PM

Colbert is an extension of CBS news. He has more politics than entertainment.

He is not even close to being funny.

The big problem is people believe he is the news and everything he says is true.

All of the shows suck. If you want to see humor, watch Carson on MeTV.
Or dick cavett on Antenna TV

Baby Lee 05-22-2021 10:31 PM

Quote:

5 questions with Kathy Ireland was the apex of Comedy Central.

- describe yourself in 3 words

- ahh, errr, ummmm. . .

- THAT IS CORRECT!!!

Frazod 05-22-2021 11:55 PM

Quote:

Sounds like he just got sick of Hollywood bullshit and quit. Probably made enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life. Hopefully that's what he's doing.

Didn't realize he was from Kansas City.

mkp785 05-24-2021 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 15683860)
Colbert is an extension of CBS news. He has more politics than entertainment.

He is not even close to being funny.

The big problem is people believe he is the news and everything he says is true.

All of the shows suck. If you want to see humor, watch Carson on MeTV.
Or dick cavett on Antenna TV

So what I'm hearing is you want to bring back Jon Stewart. I agree. Too bad he retired, he would've been great during the Detoxing(:rolleyes:) era.

Mennonite 05-25-2021 09:01 AM

Dick Cavett wasn't political?

Direckshun 05-27-2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 15683812)
It's funny. I hear comments like this from what I call "the oblivious left." They honestly don't see how overwhelmingly slanted and political all media is at this point in history. You can point it out step by step and they will disagree until it becomes obvious that they have no leg to stand on then they generally will shrug their shoulders and forget the entire conversation and go back to being oblivious.

What?

What exactly in my post were you disagreeing with, and why?

eDave 05-28-2021 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 15683812)

Since you said all political media, why not call out "the oblivious right" as well?