ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games SimCity (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270723)

Imon Yourside 03-08-2013 12:41 AM

Can't wait until Sim city reaches Darkspore levels, oh wait you can't even play that anymore because it was online only and EA shut the servers down in less than 2 years. YAY for online ****ing DRM.

Silock 03-08-2013 08:36 AM

Game is buggy as ****, even putting aside all the stupid server issues.

Traffic is just redonk. I have 16 buses. Why are they all following each other to every stop? It causes massive traffic jams. I watched a truck leave a warehouse, drive down an avenue, pull a u-turn, drive the other way, u-turn AGAIN, only to keep driving in the same direction to the end of the city, turn around and pull back into the warehouse. W. T. F. It's buggy as ****. Not to mention the moving trucks that don't know wtf they're doing. I have a few entrances into the city from the highway, but they all take the first exit, then drive THROUGH the city, clogging it up. Instead, they should go down to the exit they need, get off and then go across to the building. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Population of workers is never enough. It's bugged to shit and back, too. There's no reason that I should have to fill up 80% of available land space with residential to create more workers when only 10% of my workforce is actually working, anyway. Region play is broken, so you can't get workers from elsewhere. Education levels are right in the middle -- not too high, not too low, and that's exactly where this particular city is at. Middle development. Yet, with a pop of 75,000, I still need more workers. Makes no sense. i HAVE TEN PERCENT EMPLOYMENT. WHAT THE ****, DUDES?

I am also getting air pollution in places upwind of industry as far away as they could possibly be on the map geographically.

cookster50 03-08-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9476407)
Yet, with a pop of 75,000, I still need more workers. Makes no sense. i HAVE TEN PERCENT EMPLOYMENT. WHAT THE ****, DUDES?

You purchased the wrong game, instead of SimCity, you got SimBama.

kaplin42 03-08-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9474853)
I don't want to return it . . . I just want it to work.

I really just want a pirated copy that works offline. Maxis/EA already has my money. Now, I want a working product.

Piracy wins again.

From how I understand the game works, I'm not sure this is even possible. The crackers would have to make it so the game saves locally, and not to some EA server.

Lzen 03-08-2013 04:22 PM

Wait, so I gather after reading the last few posts that you have to be online and EA's servers have to be working in order for you to play this game? Is that true? If so, I am not gonna bother.

Jenson71 03-08-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9477730)
Wait, so I gather after reading the last few posts that you have to be online and EA's servers have to be working in order for you to play this game? Is that true? If so, I am not gonna bother.

That's true.

Loneiguana 03-08-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9476407)
Game is buggy as ****, even putting aside all the stupid server issues.

Traffic is just redonk. I have 16 buses. Why are they all following each other to every stop? It causes massive traffic jams. I watched a truck leave a warehouse, drive down an avenue, pull a u-turn, drive the other way, u-turn AGAIN, only to keep driving in the same direction to the end of the city, turn around and pull back into the warehouse. W. T. F. It's buggy as ****. Not to mention the moving trucks that don't know wtf they're doing. I have a few entrances into the city from the highway, but they all take the first exit, then drive THROUGH the city, clogging it up. Instead, they should go down to the exit they need, get off and then go across to the building. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Population of workers is never enough. It's bugged to shit and back, too. There's no reason that I should have to fill up 80% of available land space with residential to create more workers when only 10% of my workforce is actually working, anyway. Region play is broken, so you can't get workers from elsewhere. Education levels are right in the middle -- not too high, not too low, and that's exactly where this particular city is at. Middle development. Yet, with a pop of 75,000, I still need more workers. Makes no sense. i HAVE TEN PERCENT EMPLOYMENT. WHAT THE ****, DUDES?

I am also getting air pollution in places upwind of industry as far away as they could possibly be on the map geographically.

Jesus Christ this. Buses literally follow each other around. A fire station at on a busy road, unmoving traffic Jam when the truck attempts to leave the station. Traffic is messed up and I have to wonder if it affects sims ability to find jobs, because I have employment issues as well.

I blame the regions problems on the servers. I wasn't even able to sell electricity between cities last night.

Buck 03-09-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9475531)
It didn't find you when I tried to add you.

Add me "KUDrew."

I just started a new region on Europe West 4.

sent

Saulbadguy 03-09-2013 03:30 PM

Buses, police cars, fire trucks, etc - have no idea how to get where they are going.

My citizens have been protesting for "crime" for my entire game, even though there is very little crime.

Saulbadguy 03-09-2013 04:27 PM

I WANT TO BUY POWER FROM ANOTHER CITY IN MY REGION. I CLICKED BUY.

Providing 0/56.1 MW/hour.

WHAT.

bowener 03-09-2013 06:55 PM

Jesus. This games sounds like a nightmare and a disgrace.

So bummed.

bowener 03-09-2013 07:35 PM

Tropico 4 with all DLC is available for $9.99 on steam. For anybody that has played it, is that worth it?

Pants 03-09-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9481280)
Tropico 4 with all DLC is available for $9.99 on steam. For anybody that has played it, is that worth it?

Try Anno 1404, man, you won't be disappointed (warning: it's not easy).

Silock 03-09-2013 07:39 PM

I figured out traffic, for the most part.

Them mother****ers LOVE them some park and ride.

AndChiefs 03-09-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9481284)
Try Anno 1404, man, you won't be disappointed (warning: it's not easy).

What about that compared to Anno 2070?