ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football 2018 Hard Knocks Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316674)

Dayze 08-08-2018 11:40 AM

was last years the Buccaneers?

that one was really bad.

too bad when we had our 1 shot at the show, we had Herm as the coach.

ChiliConCarnage 08-08-2018 11:41 AM

I thought this had gotten kind of stale. Partially the teams/players and also the format. Youre always going to have those sad layoff shows at the end and that was rough and eye opening but once you've seen it so many times it stops having the same affect.

It sounds like this year is off to a good start though. I'll try it out on Go later

rico 08-08-2018 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13664682)
Already like it better than last year's edition.

Same here.

chiefzilla1501 08-08-2018 01:36 PM

Also, can someone hook me up with nassibs investment advisor? He's earning him some crazy compound interest on his investments.

ModSocks 08-08-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13664686)

that one was really bad.

Buccs i barely watched. Rams i never finished.

Dayze 08-08-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13664863)
Buccs i barely watched. Rams i never finished.

yeah...Rams was the other one I was thinking. I forgot about it because it was also so bad / unmemorable.

vailpass 08-08-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13664686)

that one was really bad.

Yep it was the Bucs and yep it sucked. Though it really gave an insight into just how bone stupid their QB is; I'm surprised that guy can remember to breathe.

chiefzilla1501 08-08-2018 01:45 PM

I think the baker Mayfield and Josh Gordon storyline will make for plenty of drama.

Dayze 08-08-2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13664876)
Yep it was the Bucs and yep it sucked. Though it really gave an insight into just how bone stupid their QB is; I'm surprised that guy can remember to breathe.

yeah. the other thing that show does, is demonstrate just how truly dumb alot of these guys are, and how alot of them have the mentality of a 14yr old.
Football, and being an exceptional athlete, is literally all alot of these guys have ever had / relied upon. and that's good for them. But think of the others who thought all along they were going to make millions in the NFL, so they didn't bother to learn the basics in life and education. then bam, outta of the league in a year. Yikes.

again, not all of them. But there's a big group of them I would bet.

ModSocks 08-08-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13664878)
I think the baker Mayfield and Josh Gordon storyline will make for plenty of drama.

Will there even be a Josh Gordon storyline?

rico 08-08-2018 02:06 PM

I don’t understand what’s going on with Gordon... did he get tagged again? I thought he came back last year?

Crazy that he’s only 27.

Baker Mayfield seems likable enough.

Discuss Thrower 08-08-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13664882)
yeah. the other thing that show does, is demonstrate just how truly dumb alot of these guys are, and how alot of them have the mentality of a 14yr old.
Football, and being an exceptional athlete, is literally all alot of these guys have ever had / relied upon. and that's good for them. But think of the others who thought all along they were going to make millions in the NFL, so they didn't bother to learn the basics in life and education. then bam, outta of the league in a year. Yikes.

again, not all of them. But there's a big group of them I would bet.

Carl Nassib finding a teaching moment with compound interest was pretty great. Along with pointing out the time sink that is social media.

Carl: So if you spend two hours a day on Instagram... that's a whole month out of a year you spend on Instagram.

Teammate: What's wrong with that?

RealSNR 08-08-2018 06:58 PM

Nothing makes me happier than seeing Todd Haley get ****ed in that coaches room.

I don't care if he's right or if he's wrong. He is subordinate to 1-31 Hue Jackson. It's a fate he deserves to re-live for the rest of his goddamn career.

Baby Lee 08-08-2018 06:59 PM

Was going to post this earlier, but they pulled it. Now it's back. If they pull it again, it wasn't me.

Full Ep, posted by HBO on YT.

<iframe width="949" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BWz_PCPCIdE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pugsnotdrugs19 08-08-2018 07:12 PM

I bet they hate that they’re on Hard Knocks here for Baker’s rookie year. I wouldn’t want to have to develop the young QB under a microscope like that.