ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mock (2/26/13) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270410)

Direckshun 02-26-2013 09:00 AM

Mock (2/26/13)

Having what can liberally be considered "fun" with some of the rumors surfacing.

1. The Chiefs trade their 3rd and 6th to the 49ers for Alex Smith.

2. The Chiefs offer the Cardinals a relatively decent offer in order to trade down. The Cardinals take the #1 overall spot. The Chiefs take their #7, as well as their second rounder, as well as their first and third in 2014, and a fourth in 2015. It's not a good bargain for Kansas City. The Cardinals enter into contract negotiations with QB Geno Smith.

3. The Chiefs resign Bowe, Albert, and Colquitt, and let Dorsey walk.

4. Quinn and Hillis are out. Cassel is cut. Tyson Jackson stays on board, at reduced salary.

5. The Chiefs land DE Cullen Jenkins and WR Jerome Simpson.

6. They get two compensatory picks, an extra third (Carr) and a 6th (Richardson).

On with what can charitably be considered a show.

1. CB Dee Milliner, Alabama

Andy Reid is known to make very aggressive moves to bolster his starting cornerback tandems. And drafting Milliner at 7 overall, while unpopular with Chiefs fans, will definitely produce one of the NFL's best pairings with Brandon Flowers and send Arenas back to the slot.

2. QB Tyler Bray, Tennessee

Bray's a project that I'm not sure will pan out. As the case has been made on this forum before, he had two really good receivers and never made anything out of it this past year. But the Chiefs absolutely must take a stab. They simply must.

2. OLB Sam Montgomery, LSU

Montgomery is falling a bit right now, so I could envision the Chiefs using him to bolster their passrush. I love the guy's talent, and he would be a great rotation with Hali and Houston.

3. ILB Jelani Jenkins, Florida

The Chiefs were already thin at this position before their starter murder-suicided himself. Jenkins is a great athlete who runs incredibly well. I don't know if he fits terribly well into the Belcher role, but the mike backer is a pretty limited position. Jenkins is a three-down guy.

4. ILB Nico Johnson, Alabama

If we're looking for an upgrade on Jovan Belcher, here it is. Johnson does pretty much nothing well but slam the line of scrimmage.

5. RB Mike Gillislee, Florida

I'm really raiding the SEC in this mock, but I'm trying to make myself feel better about the Alex Smith acquisition and the trade-down from #1 overall.

6. TE Philip Lutzenkirchen, Auburn

A potentially solid tight end with decent hands. Just looking to add a pair of hands downfield.

7. QB Brad Sorensen, Southern Utah

A big, strong QB with a good arm, but limited mobility. A much poorer version of Nick Foles with some developmental ability.

Direckshun 02-26-2013 09:08 AM

QB: Smith, Bray, Sorensen
RB: Charles, Gillislee, Gray, Droughn
FB: DiMarco

WR: Bowe, Baldwin, Simpson, McCluster, Wylie
TE: Moeaki, Maneri, Lutzenkirchen

LT: Albert, Stephenson
LG: Allen, Hochstein
C: Hudson, Patterson
RG: Asamoah, Hochstein
RT: Winston, Stephenson

DE: Jenkins, Bailey
NT: Poe, Powe, Toribio
DE: Jackson, Smith

OLB: Hali, Jones
ILB: Johnson, Jenkins
ILB: Johnson, Jenkins
OLB: Houston, Montgomery

CB: Flowers, Milliner, Arenas, Daniels, Brown
S: Berry, Abdullah, Lewis, Hartman

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford

the Talking Can 02-26-2013 09:39 AM

you should title this series Hate ****ing the Draft

htismaqe 02-26-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9440394)

ROFL

KCDC 02-26-2013 01:16 PM

Any assumption that has us acquire Matt Cassel v2.0 (i.e. Alex Smith) creates a fail for what follows. Sorry.

You blew your top in another thread about how Smith = Cassel; so, how about a mock that assumes we have no trade for a useless QB and have to draft one? Your other assumptions are fine.

KurtCobain 02-26-2013 02:01 PM

Love the bray pick but he's going early first.

Saccopoo 02-27-2013 01:31 AM

What happened to you? Seriously. Did you have some life changing event that totally ****ed with your psyche?

1. We have Flowers. He's one of the best man coverage guys in the league. So you piss away the #1 on another CB? When one of the top press coverage guys will be available in the second? Shit stain of a pick.

2. Bray, despite having two top level receivers, both considered "freaks" athletically, only threw for 59% last season? Both Barkley and Geno had the same situation and both chucked it for a hell of a lot better percentage. Down right embarassing actually.

2a.? Really? When has anyone ever received a second round comp pick?

3. You are taking the wrong ILB from Florida. Jon Bostic is athletic as all get out, hits like a freight train and can play the pass. That's a modern day ILB/MLB. And you want to take the lesser ILB teammate with that pick? Jesus Direck...

4. You already have picked an ILB in the third. So you take another in the fourth? Back to back ILB? Really?

5. They picked Cyrus Grey last year.

6. Very good pick. Love Lutzenkirchen.

7. Sorenson won't last until the seventh round. He ran better than Bray and Wilson and has a better arm then both.

htismaqe 02-27-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9443791)
What happened to you? Seriously. Did you have some life changing event that totally ****ed with your psyche?

Yeah, word got leaked that we were the team that had a "deal done" for Alex Smith.

For some us, like myself and Direckshun, that kind of stuff is like throwing a match in a barrel of gunpowder.

Direckshun 02-27-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

1. We have Flowers. He's one of the best man coverage guys in the league. So you piss away the #1 on another CB? When one of the top press coverage guys will be available in the second? Shit stain of a pick.

If Andy Reid trades down to #7, I simply imagine that's got to be the pick. Andy Reid demanded having two very strong corners in Philly. He gets that here, plus another in Arenas.

Quote:

Bray, despite having two top level receivers, both considered "freaks" athletically, only threw for 59% last season? Both Barkley and Geno had the same situation and both chucked it for a hell of a lot better percentage. Down right embarassing actually.

Understood.

But the Chiefs must take a stab at the position.

Quote:

2a.? Really? When has anyone ever received a second round comp pick?

In the OP's hypothetical trade.

The Cards received: Chiefs 2013's 1st.
The Chiefs received: Cardinals 2013 1st & 2nd, 2014 1st & 3rd, 2015 4th.

Quote:

3. You are taking the wrong ILB from Florida. Jon Bostic is athletic as all get out, hits like a freight train and can play the pass. That's a modern day ILB/MLB. And you want to take the lesser ILB teammate with that pick?

Fair enough.

Quote:

4. You already have picked an ILB in the third. So you take another in the fourth? Back to back ILB? Really?

Yeah, and you'll notice that even with two ILBs drafted, the Chiefs are still thin at the position.

It is perhaps the second-thinnest position on this team behind QB. We have 0 QBs, but we only have 1 ILB.

Quote:

5. They picked Cyrus Grey last year.

Don't care. I like a stable of 4 RBs that can carry the ball. Most teams do.

Plus I really love Gillislee.

Quote:

7. Sorenson won't last until the seventh round. He ran better than Bray and Wilson and has a better arm then both.

Fair enough.

I personally have a 6th round grade on him. Where are you thinking?

chiefscafan 02-27-2013 09:58 AM

Hmm depending who is there according to your picks

1st: cb Millner Bama
2nd: wr tavon austin wvu
2nd zona: Ilb Bostic Florida
3rd Comp: QB. EJ Manuel FSU
4th: RB. Marcus Latimore SOuth Carolina
5th: CB. Tyran Matheui LSU
7th: QB. Jordan Rodgers. Vanderbilt
7th comp: DT. Josh Boyd Miss ST

Bewbies 02-27-2013 07:46 PM

A 3rd and a 6th for Smith? We all know he's worth FAR mother ****ing more!!

Bewbies 02-27-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9440394)

That's what CHunt has written on the top of the big board!