ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Who's your favorite KC Superfan? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=126929)

greg63 10-20-2005 01:39 AM

Who's your favorite KC Superfan?

You see them on TV, in person and cheering the loudest, not to mention their charity involvement. Now here's your chance to vote for your favorite "Superfan"

http://www.kcsuperfans.com/

Hammock Parties 10-20-2005 01:41 AM

Arrowman. The first one I knew of and still the best. He must have spent a fortune on opposing jerseys over the years.

greg63 10-20-2005 01:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I gotta go with Weird Wolf.

greg63 10-20-2005 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
Arrowman. The first one I knew of and still the best. He must have spent a fortune on opposing jerseys over the years.

ROFL True, I like Weird Wolfs look though.

tk13 10-20-2005 01:45 AM

I gotta go with Skip Towne. He can leap tall noobs and install satellites in a single bound.

greg63 10-20-2005 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
I gotta go with Skip Towne. He can leap tall noobs and install satellites in a single bound.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Abba-Dabba 10-20-2005 01:55 AM

arrowman

OldTownChief 10-20-2005 05:08 AM

FDE is da man.

Sully 10-20-2005 05:58 AM

Anyone who DOESN'T wear makeup or an outfit which makes him/ her look like a Raiders fan who happens to be wearing red.

philfree 10-20-2005 06:02 AM

You left out Belly Boy. Isn't he considered a Superfan?

PhilFree:arrow

cadmonkey 10-20-2005 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs

This kinda reminds me of this guy that sits near me at the Patriots games. He is known as Pittsburgh, and routes against the Pats every single game. He has had season tickets for close to 35 years. He wears an old school yellow Pittsburgh Pirates batting helmet, and is now close to 60 years old.

We have a theory that he must have lost A LOT of money (like his house, wife and kids) at one time and hated them ever since. People used to get pissed off when he would cheer for the other team but now its just part our section.

Dartgod 10-20-2005 07:03 AM

I had to go with FDE because I was partly responsible for his creation. In fact, and Stevie will have to verify this because I don't remember exactly, but I think I came up with the name of First Down Elvis.

MOhillbilly 10-20-2005 07:05 AM

FDE-far and away combines Elvis & Kansas City Chiefs Football.....doesnt get better than that.

BigRedChief 10-20-2005 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree
You left out Belly Boy. Isn't he considered a Superfan?

PhilFree:arrow

No, he's not a super fan. Have you ever met the dude? These guys spend their time going to Childrens Mercy hospital, charity events being around kids. I don't think I've ever seen the dude when he wasn't drunk. Not that Lynn, Stevieray etc are angels or don't get drunk theirselfs but they do present theirselfs in a positive fashion when they are in public.

The anti-belly boy

philfree 10-20-2005 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief
No, he's not a super fan. Have you ever met the dude? These guys spend their time going to Childrens Mercy hospital, charity events being around kids. I don't think I've ever seen the dude when he wasn't drunk. Not that Lynn, Stevieray etc are angels or don't get drunk theirselfs but they do present theirselfs in a positive fashion when they are in public.

The anti-belly boy

I've never met Belly Boy but it was really meant in jest. I voted for FDE FWIW.

PhilFree:arrow:

BigRedChief 10-20-2005 07:20 AM

Quote:

The anti-belly boy

Disclaimer.............I have met all the Superfans in social gatherings several times. Had lengthy conversations with all of them. I have only saw belly boy at Chief games so maybe I'm being harsh on the dude.

chief52 10-20-2005 07:27 AM

I've got to go with First Down Elvis! I was lucky enough to meet him at the Eagle game. Great guy.

P.S. Phobia and Nzoner...thanks again for sharing your tail gate with us. :clap:

Otter 10-20-2005 07:34 AM

When Wierdwolf could do the Billy Idol lip it will be a tie, till then it's FDE.

Phobia 10-20-2005 07:49 AM

Damn. I didn't know Red Extreme had no votes or I'd have dropped him one. Dude has a 16" Arrowhead tat on his back and an arrowhead tat on the back of his head. That's hardcore. I'm slightly biased as I presume most of this board is towards FDE. He got my vote though I really like Arrowman's costume and WW's schtick.

|Zach| 10-20-2005 07:51 AM

Onion head man.

Duh.

http://www.antcreations.co.uk/cartoons-picklehead.jpg

Phobia 10-20-2005 07:53 AM

FWIW, FDE's costume(s) is 100% homemade. His wife Rana does a killer job on them. I've no idea how much time she puts into each one, but they are impressive.

Also FWIW, we'll have a FDE original painting of Joe Delaney up for auction on the board this week. He's an all around talented guy.

philfree 10-20-2005 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Damn. I didn't know Red Extreme had no votes or I'd have dropped him one. Dude has a 16" Arrowhead tat on his back and an arrowhead tat on the back of his head. That's hardcore. I'm slightly biased as I presume most of this board is towards FDE. He got my vote though I really like Arrowman's costume and WW's schtick.

Seems Arrowman has been around the longest.

PhilFree:arrow:

Dartgod 10-20-2005 08:18 AM

Quote:

Dude has a 16" Arrowhead tat on his back and an arrowhead tat on the back of his head. That's hardcore.

Did you tell him about www.nepachiefs.com, bro?

xfactor 10-20-2005 09:32 AM

It should never come down to who is a better Superfan, cause we are a team and no one is any better than the other. Arguements could be made all day long on this topic, but the simple fact is that we all work together to move mountains in our communities!!! Each Superfan is a better fan in some aspect but that is not what it's about. With all our positive attributes coming together as 1, that is the ultimate SUPERFAN. There is no I in team and that is what this group is totally all about.

Phobia 10-20-2005 09:55 AM

That's nice, X. I'm getting all weepy.

But, the question was "Who is YOUR favorite?"

KC Dan 10-20-2005 10:08 AM

They are all overrated!

ROFL

Predarat 10-20-2005 10:15 AM

Thats a tough choice between Arrowman and First Down Elvis.

HemiEd 10-20-2005 10:22 AM

I get a heck of a grin out of all of them. Stevie Ray gets my vote though, I have more info on him. He likes old cars, that is good.

go bo 10-20-2005 11:41 AM

yo X,

the idea of combining the superfans into one group was brilliant...

all of you guys deserve our admiration for your efforts to bring a little bit of chiefs football, some fun and a whole lot of enthuiasm to people of all ages...

i'm particularly imressed by the work that you do with the elderly and with schoolchildren...

i, for one, am damned proud of all of you...

but, while no one suprefan is "better" than the others, stevie ray is da man!! PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

BigRedChief 10-20-2005 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bo
but, while no one suprefan is "better" than the others, stevie ray is da man!! PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

You homer.:rolleyes:

Rain Man 10-20-2005 12:02 PM

I think the NFL should outlaw superfans. When they get into the stadium, they should just hand the ticket to the ticket guy, and go to their seats. As a coach once said, "Act like you've been there before."

greg63 10-20-2005 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfactor
It should never come down to who is a better Superfan, cause we are a team and no one is any better than the other. Arguements could be made all day long on this topic, but the simple fact is that we all work together to move mountains in our communities!!! Each Superfan is a better fan in some aspect but that is not what it's about. With all our positive attributes coming together as 1, that is the ultimate SUPERFAN. There is no I in team and that is what this group is totally all about.

Agreed X factor. I never meant for this to be a competion, and your right all of you guys make a great team. I like you all for the charity work you do, in my book that makes all of you #1. I like all of you as Great Chiefs fans as well.

greg63 10-20-2005 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
I think the NFL should outlaw superfans. When they get into the stadium, they should just hand the ticket to the ticket guy, and go to their seats. As a coach once said, "Act like you've been there before."

:D
I understand what your talking about, and if all they did was show up get drunk, and was obnoxious I might be inclined to agree with you. While I don't know them well enough, personally, to call them saints, I am impressed with their charity work. I have spoken with WW and RX and they are both quality individuals, as I'm sure the rest are as well.

Sully 10-20-2005 12:19 PM

Charity work is great, and people can dress in red shirts and do the same stuff.
But does anyone else find it a little ironic that one of them spouts that there is no "I" in team, while he's known for going to games, training camp, etc and drawing all attention to himself, rather than the team?

Phobia 10-20-2005 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully
Charity work is great, and people can dress in red shirts and do the same stuff.
But does anyone else find it a little ironic that one of them spouts that there is no "I" in team, while he's known for going to games, training camp, etc and drawing all attention to himself, rather than the team?

Make fun of their costumes, tights, capes, makeup, shoes, tats all you want but don't ever question their heart. These guys could charge appearance fees and supplement their incomes. In fact, I've advised them to do so many times - at LEAST cover the cost of their tickets, gas, and costumes. But they're doing this stuff for free. Who cares if some portion of their motivation is the attention the garner? We all enjoy personal attention.

Dave Lane 10-20-2005 12:27 PM

I goota go with weirdwolf but FDE is a personal favorite.

Dave

Sully 10-20-2005 12:29 PM

Whenere/ when did I question their heart?
The only problem I have is that they are hyped as these great Chiefs fans, simply because they dress pretty and get on TV. They were at my nephew's school, and he seemed to enjoy the hell out of it, he's on their calendar.
But,I just think it's funny that as the Raiders fans began to get noticed for their "costumes" suddenly we have all these Chiefs fans trying to go down the same road.

|Zach| 10-20-2005 12:29 PM

Quote:

We all enjoy personal attention.

I don't.

-Zach
Founder of ZachIsHere.com

BigRedChief 10-20-2005 12:30 PM

Quote:

Make fun of their costumes, tights, capes, makeup, shoes, tats all you want but don't ever question their heart. These guys could charge appearance fees and supplement their incomes. In fact, I've advised them to do so many times - at LEAST cover the cost of their tickets, gas, and costumes. But they're doing this stuff for free. Who cares if some portion of their motivation is the attention the garner? We all enjoy personal attention.

Yep, nail/head there. They are working hard to help others for no monetary gain. They are to be commended for their work. You can keep your opinion of their outfits to yourself. These guys rock. I'm for more Chief fans being like them. As Chief fans we could make a bigger difference in our communities than we do. Get together talk Chiefs and raise money for charity? Count me in every time.:clap:

Sully 10-20-2005 12:35 PM

You guys are getting pretty defensive simply because I think the dressing in a costume is stupid. I clearly have not denigrated the fast that they do charity work.
I realize I'm new here, and I am honestly not trying to start a fight... it's just not my priority.
But i HAVE seen enough of at least one of these guys doing all he can to pose and get on camera, rather than watching the happenings on the field, that I don't categorize them so mauch as "SuperFans" as "SuperModels."

jynni 10-20-2005 12:37 PM

Quote:

A few years ago, Xfactor loaned me a sharpie when I was over two hours late to a Priest Holmes autograph session at the Fox and the Hound.

I had finally sweet talked my way through the agent/pr & bodyguard guy when I realized that I had no sharpie. Xfactor saved the day!

BigRedChief 10-20-2005 12:41 PM

Quote:

You guys are getting pretty defensive simply because I think the dressing in a costume is stupid. I clearly have not denigrated the fast that they do charity work.
I realize I'm new here, and I am honestly not trying to start a fight... it's just not my priority.
But i HAVE seen enough of at least one of these guys doing all he can to pose and get on camera, rather than watching the happenings on the field, that I don't categorize them so mauch as "SuperFans" as "SuperModels."

You just can't let it go can you? These are our pals/buds/friends. You are a n00b coming in here making fun of them. Sorry but I won't stand idly by and let you insult long time posters here. You have a right to your opinion about their costumes but since you are a n00b it would be in your best interest to keep it to yourself.

Phobia 10-20-2005 12:42 PM

Quote:

We don't care if you're new. You can talk shit on anybody you want, even me. Express your opinion freely. My point was that these guys are doing a lot of good for the community with little personal gain. It's not all about camera time for them.

Phobia 10-20-2005 12:43 PM

Quote:

You just can't let it go can you? These are our pals/buds/friends. You are a n00b coming in here making fun of them. Sorry but I won't stand idly by and let you insult long time posters here. You have a right to your opinion about their costumes but since you are a n00b it would be in your best interest to keep it to yourself.

I disagree. I think everybody should be able to share their opinion freely. But I'm a complete idiot anyway. I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

Sully 10-20-2005 12:43 PM

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings Big Red.
How long must I post on your BB before I can have an opinion?

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka 10-20-2005 12:45 PM

Quote:

I agree completely....... just because you dress up, act like a fool, or slap on pounds of paint doesn't make you a better fan then me or anyone else that dies with each Chiefs loss. So to call them "superfans" is an insult to every other fan.

Sully 10-20-2005 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
I agree completely....... just because you dress up, act like a fool, or slap on pounds of paint doesn't make you a better fan then me or anyone else that dies with each Chiefs loss. So to call them "superfans" is an insult to every other fan.

I think this may make my point a little better than I did.

BigRedChief 10-20-2005 12:47 PM

Quote:

You have an opinion. I have my opinion. We voice those opinions. Just because I've been here longer doesn't make my opinion any more valued than yours. that being said...I'd like to say one more thing.........I agree Phobia is a numbskull :p

Sully 10-20-2005 12:49 PM

LOL...
One thing I KNOW I'm too new to know is who is free game to talk sh*t on around here.

Dartgod 10-20-2005 12:51 PM

Quote:

I don't think so. I've had season tickets for over 15 years and I'm not the least bit insulted.

Dartgod 10-20-2005 12:52 PM

Quote:

LOL...
One think I KNOW I'm too new to know is who is free game to talk sh*t on around here.

Could we get a translator please?

TommyKat?

Phobia 10-20-2005 12:53 PM

Quote:

Do you spend hundreds of dollars out of your own pocket for a costume on gameday? Do you devote your entire weekends to charity promotions to benefit the local community? These guys work their asses off for very little personal benefit. I know each of them personally and they're a goofy crew. Yeah, some of their may costumes suck. Some of them may think that they're leading the crowd in cheers and we couldn't figure out the appropriate time to get loud without their expertise...

But all their faults are vastly outweighed by their selflessness. They are in every sense of the word "Superfans" and I love each one of them. It doesn't have anything to with you or I. It's not a competition. They're doing the right thing. Trust me on that.

jynni 10-20-2005 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
I don't think so. I've had season tickets for over 15 years and I'm not the least bit insulted.

Of course not - we already know you're a real fan. King Carl said so! :p

Dartgod 10-20-2005 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jynni
Of course not - we already know you're a real fan. King Carl said so! :p

Yeah, Real > Super

Saulbadguy 10-20-2005 12:58 PM

FDE. He taught me how to throw a football. Albeit, poorly.

BigRedChief 10-20-2005 12:59 PM

Quote:

Do you spend hundreds of dollars out of your own pocket for a costume on gameday? Do you devote your entire weekends to charity promotions to benefit the local community? These guys work their asses off for very little personal benefit. I know each of them personally and they're a goofy crew. Yeah, some of their may costumes suck. Some of them may think that they're leading the crowd in cheers and we couldn't figure out the appropriate time to get loud without their expertise...

But all their faults are vastly outweighed by their selflessness. They are in every sense of the word "Superfans" and I love each one of them. It doesn't have anything to with you or I. It's not a competition. They're doing the right thing. Trust me on that.

Thats all I was trying to say. I guess even a numbskull gets a coherent thought every once in a while.

It's all about trying to do the right thing instead of sitting on the sidelines.

BigRedChief 10-20-2005 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
FDE. He taught me how to throw a football. Albeit, poorly.

I though you were one of the noodle arms?

MOhillbilly 10-20-2005 12:59 PM

Quote:

YEAH! and ill stab anybody at the SD game that thinks diffrent.

J/K

well said dude.
bottom line is those guys have a style all there own and should get all the props we can give em.

Rain Man 10-20-2005 01:13 PM

Our forefathers fought for people's rights to be superfans. It's their American duty to be superfans.

xfactor 10-20-2005 01:32 PM

Thanks Big Red and Phobia for your comments. You both know what is trying to be accomplished by this group. It totally has nothing to do with being on TV, I personally have no clue usually when we are being filmed and could care less. I believe that I speak for the whole group that we could really care less, yes there are times when the cameras approach us and we play for the crowd at home. We spend all our free time trying to help kids and the less fortunate. It costs alot of money and we donate everything we get to back to the community. It is our second job where we don't make a dime. Our payment is the smiles we bring to the kids and adults that we help out. A huge thank you to everyone that gives up their free time to help out the community, everyone that does knows that the rewards you recieve are so much more powerful than the power of a $!! Costumes do not make us a better Chiefs fan but getting involved in the community and promoting Chiefs all the time should promote what being a Chiefs fan is all about. Being compared to the Raiders fans is not fair, that is just a dress up party, What are they doing to help there community, as soon as info can be found I'd like to see it.

Rain Man 10-20-2005 01:39 PM

Quote:

Being compared to the Randy Moss and the Raiderz fans is not fair, that is just a dress up party, What are they doing to help there community, as soon as info can be found I'd like to see it.

I think they traded in some guns on "Trade your handgun for a Raiders ticket" day.

Sully 10-20-2005 02:00 PM

I guess I'm wrong. I didn't see it on your bios on the web page that when you started dressing up, you did it simply to start a charity, and then when that costume didn't work, you dressed in another one for charity.
Listen, i think the charity angle is great. Really. I applaud you for that. But let's not act like you dressed up solely for that reason, it just simply brought the opportunity because of the dress-up, not the other way around.

Phobia 10-20-2005 02:08 PM

Sully, what's your real beef with them? Is it the costumes? Is it the attention they derive? Let's get to the bottom of it.

I'm pissed off they get more camera time than me, too. Let's face it, my pretty face should pretty well dominate the large screen during the alloted male picture portion of Sunday afternoon games. Alas, I'm not a costume guy. But if I were, you can bet TackleMeElmo would get tons of camera time. Darn tootin.

Mile High Mania 10-20-2005 02:18 PM

I think it's funny that people are bickering about these guys. Who cares which came first... doing it for charity, or charity being a result of several goofy guys getting dressed up to support their team on game day.

The bottom line is this ... teams playing at home love to have rabid fans. It doesn't matter if you're dressed in jeans and a t-shirt or in hot pants with a cape (just kidding FDE). These guys love their team, they love getting crazy at the games and working up the fans.

As a result of all this ... they've formed a group that raises money for charities and it takes a lot of time. It's all for a good cause. Spending any time at all talking about why these guys get face time or why are 'super' fans better fans... is really kinda lame.

Every team, as far as I can tell, has a handful of fans that are associated with their team. I think it's cool and these guys are doing good with their time and the publicity they receive.

Maybe some of you could create a group called the 'Bland Fans' and just talk about the charity you do. I dunno...

Phobia 10-20-2005 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
Maybe some of you could create a group called the 'Bland Fans' and just talk about the charity you do. I dunno...

Been There, Done That

Mile High Mania 10-20-2005 02:26 PM

Quote:

ROFL Hell, you have it all covered...

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-20-2005 02:29 PM

Stevieray is the best period.

...and you forgot Belly Boy... not that he had a chance...

kc1977 10-20-2005 02:46 PM

Quote:

Don't worry about it - Big Red is just down in the dumpies today, choked up about his dead redbirds.

It's almost 4 o'clock and I'm leaving work - I'm sick of all these St. Loser's whining today. Man, St. Louis fans are the whiniest ever.

Sully 10-20-2005 02:49 PM

You know, I can't really put my finger on what my real problem is. Do I want the camera time that they have? No, not really. Do I even have a problem with the costumes? To a point, yes, but if it's creative, then I can even get into that... to a point.
I think it originated with the fact that I started noticing guys doing this AFTER the Raider dorks (ArrowMan excluded) started getting national pub for doing it, and I thought it was a cheap ripoff. Then they started getting props from folks as "SuperFans," which I don't think they are. Are they super guys? I dunno... based off the charity work, they at least have their hearts in the right place. Are they as Super as fans as any number of the folks who have had their tickets for longer? Those who cheer loud in anonymity? As those who buy every Tshirt or signed pic they can find? No... I don't think they are, only because I see them looking for a camera or an autograph to sign every chance they get, rather than actually being there as a fan of the Chiefs.
To be honest there is only one main "SuperFan" who gets on my nerves. I won't say whom, because there's no point in starting that up. But I've seen him be a camera whore enough times that I know my comments aren't off base.
I understand I'm pretty much alone in my annoyance with all this, and there is no real point to taking the shots any further here, so I'll drop it. (for now) There are too many great conversations and things in common with folks on this board for me to already be coming out as the jackass (I'm sure that will come later).

BigRedChief 10-20-2005 02:54 PM

Quote:

There are too many great conversations and things in common with folks on this board for me to already be coming out as the jackass (I'm sure that will come later).

Too late. :p STATUES, they are statues

Sully 10-20-2005 02:56 PM

MMM, man fuel.

Phobia 10-20-2005 03:00 PM

Quote:

To be honest there is only one main "SuperFan" who gets on my nerves. I won't say whom, because there's no point in starting that up. But I've seen him be a camera whore enough times that I know my comments aren't off base.

Dude - X-factor annoys the piss out of a lot of fans. He's a lanky toothpick with a frickin red cheesehead for a hat combined with tights, slippers, and bandaids to round out the costume. Worst. Costume. Ever.

I've told it to his face. He's not anybody's favorite as the poll results indicate. But I've gotten to know him some over the past couple years and he's not doing this to impress anyone. He's doing it for the right reasons. So I give him a pass. You should too.

Rain Man 10-20-2005 03:09 PM

Quote:

Dude - X-factor annoys the piss out of a lot of fans. He's a lanky toothpick with a frickin red cheesehead for a hat combined with tights, slippers, and bandaids to round out the costume. Worst. Costume. Ever.

I've told it to his face. He's not anybody's favorite as the poll results indicate. But I've gotten to know him some over the past couple years and he's not doing this to impress anyone. He's doing it for the right reasons. So I give him a pass. You should too.

I think he's talking about Carl Peterson.

Uh, Sully? That's not a costume. That's his real hair.

Sully 10-20-2005 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
I think he's talking about Carl Peterson.

Uh, Sully? That's not a costume. That's his real hair.

You CANNOT tell me you are sure that's really him. What happened to his eye thing he used to do while talking?
I contend that the real CP died 5 years ago. We are now on the Peterson-Zombie 5-year plan.

stevieray 10-20-2005 03:46 PM

Sully, you are misinformed. Nobody is "copying" the Raiders. Three of the guys are in Canton's Pro Football Fan Hall of Fame. Most teams also have representatives.

Mile High Mania 10-20-2005 03:55 PM

I remember seeing pics of Arrowman long ago back in the good ol' days... the Elway years. I remember thinking "damn, he must pay a lot of cash to have each jersey for the visiting team's QB". I'm sure he didn't have every one... but, I recall seeing several.

Funny gimmick - Chiefs fan that wears the jersey of the other team's star player to ever game, and he doesn't get his ass kicked.

dirk digler 10-20-2005 04:02 PM

That Elvis guy is a real dick.

:p

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka 10-20-2005 07:31 PM

Quote:

I spend literally hundreds of dollars a year buying tickets, new Chiefs gear and other items. Do I devote entire weekends to helping my community..... sure do, volunteer at my church all the time and coach USA wrestling in a volunteer capacity.

As far as them being "superfans" I have already stated my opinion on that. For me it is simply a way for these guys to gain some semblence of fame, I would bet about anything that when they meet people out of "costume" that they will mention "who they are" within minutes. So it is simply a case of them wanting to draw attention to themselves. And as far as their charity work goes...... great for them, really I admire anyone that does that. But if they REALLY wanted to help the Chiefs and be a "superfan" why don't they devote more time and energy to volunteering at some of the players charities instead of someday dreaming of having their own special little sign down on the field besides Wil Shields "Wil to Succeed" charity banner. Personally I am irritated by people that are constantly "needing" the attention they are seeking. I have often heard the better person you are the less you have to talk about it for people to realize it. I think it is pretty similar for fans as well.

Phobia 10-20-2005 07:48 PM

Clearly we're going to have to disagree, CMT. I'm not saying you're absolutely wrong, but you're misguided and ignorant. When you spend a weekend with these guys fundraising get back to me. Until then, you're judging the whole crew based upon some pre-conceived notion. You're mistaken. I wouldn't lead you astray. I promise. There's nothing in it for me.

Boise_Chief 10-20-2005 07:50 PM

wAAH