ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Iron Man 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260112)

DaneMcCloud 10-21-2012 05:56 PM

I sure hope this is better than Iron Man 2 and the Avengers.

IM2 was pathetic and I didn't think much of the Avengers. I'm really shocked it did so well.

Deberg_1990 10-21-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9036681)

IM2 was pathetic and I didn't think much of the Avengers. I'm really shocked it did so well.

Wow, what didn't u like about Avengers?

DaneMcCloud 10-21-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9036716)
Wow, what didn't u like about Avengers?

I watched it last night for the first time on Blu-Ray. Maybe I was in the wrong mood.

The dialog, to me, was weak and unconvincing. I thought that Loki was a bad choice and overall, the film felt clunky. The weird camera angles they used at times made no sense, Cobie Smulders was wasted and stiff and outside of Ruffalo and Downey, the actors were boring.

I expected more of an Iron Man 1 or Dark Knight type of movie. Instead, it was like a Michael Bay film but instead of Transformers, the Avengers.

I'll watch it again, if for no other reason that I bought it on Blu Ray with the digital copy, music CD, etc. but it was extremely disappointing to me.

Bump 10-21-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9036635)
The Mandarin is the main villain in Iron Man 3

oh, awesome. Now I think I remember hearing that, lol.

Deberg_1990 10-21-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9036754)
I watched it last night for the first time on Blu-Ray. Maybe I was in the wrong mood.

The dialog, to me, was weak and unconvincing. I thought that Loki was a bad choice and overall, the film felt clunky. The weird camera angles they used at times made no sense, Cobie Smulders was wasted and stiff and outside of Ruffalo and Downey, the actors were boring.

I expected more of an Iron Man 1 or Dark Knight type of movie. Instead, it was like a Michael Bay film but instead of Transformers, the Avengers.

I'll watch it again, if for no other reason that I bought it on Blu Ray with the digital copy, music CD, etc. but it was extremely disappointing to me.

Interesting take. The only thing I didn't like is that it wasnt shot wide, so the whole thing felt confined to me. Puzzling decision since all the other Marvel films were shot wide, then they get to the biggest one and shoot it 1:85:1. WTF?

Fire Me Boy! 10-21-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9036957)
Interesting take. The only thing I didn't like is that it wasnt shot wide, so the whole thing felt confined to me. Puzzling decision since all the other Marvel films were shot wide, then they get to the biggest one and shoot it 1:85:1. WTF?

My guess would be that's Whedon's preference. Each director is different; Kubrick hated widescreen, for instance.

mnchiefsguy 10-22-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9036621)
Nah. Teasers often do nothing but show random shots that give absolutely nothing away. They'll release the first full trailer soon enough.

It was not even a teaser. I cannot think of a teaser that I ever ran on screen that was less than 30 seconds.

I am sure there will be plenty of marketing and trailers between now and release date.

Amnorix 10-22-2012 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9036681)

I know you're like a movie expert kinda guy and all that, but I gotta say, you're nuts. Avengers was pretty much universally liked. 92 rating on Rotten Tomatoes, blah, blah, blah.

Buehler445 10-22-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

See, I thought it worked. I can understand all your gripes, but I think it worked in the context of the story. I didn't have a hard time buying it at all. Cobie Smulders was acting? I didn't notice. She is one fine specimen of a woman.

Fish 10-22-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Wow... I haven't heard many people at all complaining about Avengers. And that's from mostly non-comic book people. I really can't say I agree. I thought it was very well done. Getting that many superhero personalities on screen at the same time is quite a feat, and I thought it worked surprisingly well. The humor was perfect. The superhero nuances were very smartly done, and gave a real tip of the hat to comic book nerds.

I thought Loki was well done as well. They managed to show his evil conniving side, while still leaving a little room for a bit of conscience. They showed a tiny bit of internal struggle with Loki, and I thought it worked.

Micjones 10-22-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

You were definitely in the wrong mood.
That movie was amazing. Clear your head and see it again.

Tribal Warfare 10-22-2012 03:15 PM

http://ewinsidemovies.files.wordpres...0/mandarin.jpg

Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin

http://images.hitfix.com/assets/1613/IronPatriot640.jpg

The Iron Patriot but not Norman Osborn

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9037776)
I know you're like a movie expert kinda guy and all that, but I gotta say, you're nuts. Avengers was pretty much universally liked. 92 rating on Rotten Tomatoes, blah, blah, blah.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9037837)
See, I thought it worked. I can understand all your gripes, but I think it worked in the context of the story. I didn't have a hard time buying it at all. Cobie Smulders was acting? I didn't notice. She is one fine specimen of a woman.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 9037920)
Wow... I haven't heard many people at all complaining about Avengers. And that's from mostly non-comic book people. I really can't say I agree. I thought it was very well done. Getting that many superhero personalities on screen at the same time is quite a feat, and I thought it worked surprisingly well. The humor was perfect. The superhero nuances were very smartly done, and gave a real tip of the hat to comic book nerds.

I thought Loki was well done as well. They managed to show his evil conniving side, while still leaving a little room for a bit of conscience. They showed a tiny bit of internal struggle with Loki, and I thought it worked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9038240)
You were definitely in the wrong mood.
That movie was amazing. Clear your head and see it again.

I knew my opinion was definitely off the reservation, so I'll give it another shot when time permits.

KC Hawks 10-23-2012 01:31 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kwTsGl0fC9M?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

007 10-23-2012 01:49 AM

DAMN