ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Scott Pioli discusses Jovan Belcher on the Dan Patrick Show (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269461)

TEX 01-31-2013 03:59 PM

I like how it says FORMER Chiefs GM! :thumb:

Titty Meat 01-31-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9368263)
i remember a lot of people wanting BJ Raji

cause well we were switching to a 3-4 and we clearly needed a big ole NT type and he was it.

and then there was his red flags, out of shape, laziness reports from the combine. And the small handful of people that had an idea of what Scooter was as a GM knew he would pass on him and the rest of us bashed those folks and refused to believe it, and sure enough...

it comes full circle though because John Dorsey was a part of that FO that drafted BJ Raji so yeah I absolutely trust in that process.

Yup I wanted Raji.

Rain Man 01-31-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9367796)
There were AT LEAST double that amount of Sanchez guys that offseason.

Even after the trade for Cassel, there were a lot of guy still wanting us to take Sanchez.

I fell into that group.

When the first reporter started saying that the Chiefs were leaning toward Tyson Jackson, I had to go look him up. If I remember right, my preferences were, in descending order:

Sanchez
Eugene Monroe
Raji

I wasn't interested in Curry and was sure that Orakpo would be a bust. I was intrigued with Rey Maualuga, but don't remember if I thought he was draftable at #3.

mcaj22 01-31-2013 04:32 PM

i remember everyone being intrigued by all 3 USC LBers. it was painfully obvious all 3 were going to be productive

htismaqe 01-31-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9368263)
i remember a lot of people wanting BJ Raji

cause well we were switching to a 3-4 and we clearly needed a big ole NT type and he was it.

and then there was his red flags, out of shape, laziness reports from the combine. And the small handful of people that had an idea of what Scooter was as a GM knew he would pass on him and the rest of us bashed those folks and refused to believe it, and sure enough...

it comes full circle though because John Dorsey was a part of that FO that drafted BJ Raji so yeah I absolutely trust in that process.

There were quite a few yes.

They were kind of on the outside though. There was open warfare between the Sanchez and Curry camps. It was pretty brutal.

htismaqe 01-31-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9368272)
Am I a true drafturbator? lol
Posted via Mobile Device

You're the OD.

Original Drafturbator.

:D

Hootie 01-31-2013 05:48 PM

I wish we would have just taken Crabtree.

Hootie 01-31-2013 05:48 PM

although he probably would have given up by now with our QB situation

Hammock Parties 01-31-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9367776)
Wow. ***** actually took the blame for Cassel

Man, I wish I could hear this. Any way to access it? Archive somewhere?