ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Ultimate Warrior dead at 54 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282881)

alpha_omega 04-09-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 10550796)
Really? You've never heard of the Ultimate Warrior?

wow!

For realz! '85 is about the year i stopped watching wrestling. I am guessing that is the time he came on the scene.

Bowser 04-09-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 10550824)
For realz! '85 is about the year i stopped watching wrestling. I am guessing that is the time he came on the scene.

He broke into the wrestling world as a tag team in the NWA with Sting. They were known as The Blade Runners.

You should YouTube some Ultimate Warrior stuff. His coked out/roided out interviews are legendary.

The Franchise 04-09-2014 12:02 PM

Dude has some awesome videos on his YouTube channel. I recommend checking it out sometime.

https://www.youtube.com/user/mrultimatewarrior/videos

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eJXI5r_rAtg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4HiQAzHdNn4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ForeverChiefs58 04-09-2014 12:04 PM

Wrestling fans are mourning the death of the Ultimate Warrior today and remembering some of the WWE superstar’s greatest moments.

From defeating Hulk Hogan to his infamous entrances into the ring, Warrior was a childhood favorite for countless fans and one of the sport’s most memorable heroes.

Here’s what made him a legend:

He Stole the Torch from Hulk Hogan

WrestleMania VI in 1990 marked a milestone for the WWE: It was the first time two titleholders would face off. Warrior, then the Intercontinental Champion, was to battle Hulk Hogan, then the WWF Champion, in Toronto. The pairing was also notable because two “good guys” -– and huge fan favorites -– squared off in the ring.

Warrior won the match -- effectively putting an end to Hulkamania to become the strongest force in wrestling. His finishing moves were the Gorilla Press Drop and the Running Splash.

He Knew How to Make an Entrance

If the Warrior was in the house, fans knew it. He was famous for sprinting down the ramp and running circles around the ring, furiously shaking the ropes before stepping in.

He was “like a man possessed,” the WWE said.

He Made Bobby Heenan Wear a Weasel Suit

In one of his most famous matches, Warrior took Bobby “The Brain” Heenan down with a Sleeper Hold, and then dressed the defeated wrestler –- still passed out in the ring -– in a humiliating weasel costume.

Of course, fans knew Heenan had it coming when he entered the ring. The wrestler-turned-manager was no match for Warrior’s power.

He Actually Changed His Name to Warrior

How’s that for dedication? The Ultimate Warrior, born James Brian Hellwig, legally changed his name to Warrior in 1993. Like Madonna, Warrior only needed one name.

It’s also the last name of his wife and children.

The Most Colorful Character in Wrestling

Warrior had one of the most memorable looks in the WWE. At every match, his bright face paint was a new work of art, and rainbow-colored tassels hung from his bulging arms.

In the late 1980s, his long shaggy hair was also part of his signature style.

Hall of Fame Induction

Warrior was finally inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this past Saturday in New Orleans. Two days later, he gave a speech at Monday Night Raw, speaking -– ironically -– about life and death.

"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own,” he said. “Every man’s heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, what makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper and something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized.”

Warrior died on Tuesday. The cause of his death is unclear.

rico 04-09-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10550271)
Best match ever IMO.

This.

Bowser 04-09-2014 12:06 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hzmWjqzOtfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cosmo20002 04-09-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10550834)
He broke into the wrestling world as a tag team in the NWA with Sting. They were known as The Blade Runners.

You should YouTube some Ultimate Warrior stuff. His coked out/roided out interviews are legendary.

I didn't realize that. Probably why The Police broke up.

Pepe Silvia 04-09-2014 12:08 PM

RIP

At least he exposed Hogan before he left.

Dayze 04-09-2014 12:57 PM

he seems like a dude I'd like to have a lot of beers with.

thabear04 04-09-2014 12:58 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xR08M6EUd0g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LoneWolf 04-09-2014 01:16 PM

Spent some time watching his videos online and he seems like he was a real piece of shit human being. Obvious drug addict, steroid abuser, bigot, racist, and full of himself.

Anyway, RIP Warrior. Shake the ropes of heaven before entering.

Baby Lee 04-09-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 10550277)
Damn that sucks, I used to love the Ultimate Warrior. How could you not? He wasn't just a warrior, he was the Ultimate Warrior. I just looked at the induction speech yesterday and I don't even watch wrestling anymore. That is some crazy timing.

RIP

WTF, I'm still not sure. Because not only was there the induction speech, but there was a widespread rumor he died immediately BEFORE the speech that had to be debunked.

So much bunk.

Fake sport turned tellanovella.

Now a historical figure in the 'sport' he's dead, no he's not, he's speaking live, he's dead again.

I wouldn't put it past them to stage a funeral then have him jump up and introduce a new competing spicy meat stick, sold next to the checkout at QuikTrip.

Sorry if this loss is real and causes someone on here real pain, but shit, in this world of fake sex stolen tapes and clickbait all over our supposed news outlets, it's just a little tiring.

thabear04 04-09-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10551167)
Spent some time watching his videos online and he seems like he was a real piece of shit human being. Obvious drug addict, steroid abuser, bigot, racist, and full of himself.

Anyway, RIP Warrior. Shake the ropes of heaven before entering.

Most of the wrestlers like Big Boss man,Eddie Guerrero, British bulldogs used roids and Chris Benoit murder his family.

loochy 04-09-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 10551453)
Most of wrestlers like Big Boss man,Eddie Guerrero, British bulldogs and Chris Benoit murder his family

What?

English please

thabear04 04-09-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 10551469)
What?

English please

Sorry about that I'll fix it.