ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls V (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209317)

Mr. Laz 12-12-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8195580)
Heh. Good luck with that.

Started a new character and have it up to level 20. Got tired of all the twitchy problems and mistakes I made with the old one. Going with a wood elf specializing in archery and thieving.

If i start another character, that's what i'll be going with too.

seems to me that archers can be way overpowered if you select all the archery/stealth/critic perks related to bows. Add in potion application with perks that make that more effective and you are going to be kicking some ass.

You could always add some summoning to tank/distract a little bit to give you a few extra sneak attacks.

Buck 12-12-2011 02:49 PM

I'm a level 17 2h Orc. I use no magic EXCEPT for enchanting.

Anyways I thought I would go after one of those dragon priest masks. The ****ing dragon priest pretty much raped me.

Pants 12-12-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8195819)
I'm a level 17 2h Orc. I use no magic EXCEPT for enchanting.

Anyways I thought I would go after one of those dragon priest masks. The ****ing dragon priest pretty much raped me.

Strong casters pose the only danger to a melee warrior. Once you level up higher and invest enough into Health, even they become a complete joke, though. I'm a level 41 and I'm pretty much untouchable with 400 HP (+30 from "the amulet").

Frazod 12-12-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8195784)
If i start another character, that's what i'll be going with too.

seems to me that archers can be way overpowered if you select all the archery/stealth/critic perks related to bows. Add in potion application with perks that make that more effective and you are going to be kicking some ass.

You could always add some summoning to tank/distract a little bit to give you a few extra sneak attacks.

I don't have any magical weapons yet - haven't randomly found any worth a shit yet and I'm spending all my money on training. Still using a dwarven bow with steel arrows and wearing thieves guild armor. Tried one dragon on my own and it basically made a snack out of me. I kept hiding behind a tree for cover while I whittled it down, but eventually it just reached around the tree and grabbed me.

Definitely not ready for that shit yet. :$2500:

Buck 12-12-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8195901)
Strong casters pose the only danger to a melee warrior. Once you level up higher and invest enough into Health, even they become a complete joke, though. I'm a level 41 and I'm pretty much untouchable with 400 HP (+30 from "the amulet").

I've been pretty much leveling only my Stamina ever since I figured out it controlled the carrying weight.

Pants 12-12-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8195963)
I've been pretty much leveling only my Stamina ever since I figured out it controlled the carrying weight.

I leveled my HP up to 200 first, then did some stamina, then started to go back and forth up until I had about 330 stamina. It's all been HP since then. Getting the perk for weightless Heavy Armor makes a huge difference, but it takes a long time.

whoman69 12-12-2011 03:16 PM

Skyrim is GOTY

Looks like I'm smart to wait for the GOTY edition:

The epic and wildly anticipated new entry in the Elder Scrolls series, Skyrim, walked away with the top prize from this weekend's Video Game Awards.

The annual awards ceremony, televised on Spike TV, has become the definitive arena for determining which games rose above the rest over the past year. 25 of the most prestigious gaming media are involved in the voting process.

Skyrim taking away the most coveted award is not an enormous surprise, but it does understandably bring up the recent issue of glitches and game-crashing bugs, crippling the experience for some players, many of whom on the PS3 version.

The problems seem to increase as players progress through the game, leading to the assumption that as the save file gets bigger and bigger, the game drains the system's resources and after a certain point becomes largely unplayable.

In a blog post, publisher Bethesda wrote, "We understand how frustrating it can be when your game is having issues, and we thank all of you for your continued feedback and patience. Rest assured we take your gameplay experience seriously and will continue working on this until it's resolved."

Nevertheless, to gamers who have not been affected by the various glitches, it has been heralded as a marvelous and unparalleled experience. The title was the second best selling game behind Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-ent...goes-to-skyrim

Mr. Laz 12-12-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8195909)
I don't have any magical weapons yet - haven't randomly found any worth a shit yet and I'm spending all my money on training. Still using a dwarven bow with steel arrows and wearing thieves guild armor. Tried one dragon on my own and it basically made a snack out of me. I kept hiding behind a tree for cover while I whittled it down, but eventually it just reached around the tree and grabbed me.

Definitely not ready for that shit yet. :$2500:

that's why having a summoning spell of some sort will help. The dragon can chase it around a bit while you shoot.

Frazod 12-12-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8196073)
that's why having a summoning spell of some sort will help. The dragon can chase it around a bit while you shoot.

Hadn't thought of that. Not big into summoning, although that staff of daedra summoning was pretty bad ass.

ReynardMuldrake 12-12-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8188056)
LMAO Clever

What is everyone's name in the game?

My character is a proud Nord barbarian named Bjalnor Skäldengard. He's very xenophobic and hates Imperials and Altmer. He scorns magic and stealth but gets his point across well enough with his mace.

He kind of looks like the grandpa in Braveheart.

ReynardMuldrake 12-12-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8188462)
Barkley - he is a Breton.

I typically name my RPG characters Barkley after Lt. Barkley on STTNG.

Hate to break it to you, but the dude's name is Barclay.

Fire Me Boy! 12-12-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8196086)
Hadn't thought of that. Not big into summoning, although that staff of daedra summoning was pretty bad ass.

The best summon I've seen is I can summon the ghost of Lucien Lachance, who will fight for me until someone kills him, no time limit.

Sofa King 12-12-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 8196122)
My character is a proud Nord barbarian named Bjalnor Skäldengard. He's very xenophobic and hates Imperials and Altmer. He scorns magic and stealth but gets his point across well enough with his mace.

He kind of looks like the grandpa in Braveheart.

Interesting.

Post a picture of him.

Frazod 12-12-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8196280)
The best summon I've seen is I can summon the ghost of Lucien Lachance, who will fight for me until someone kills him, no time limit.

Cool. I assume that as a ghost he sneaks well, too.

Skyy God 12-12-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8196280)

The Valor shout isn't bad either.