ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Wow this tv lasted a whole year (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242695)

Just Passin' By 03-13-2011 10:22 PM

For what it's worth:

I went to a Sanyo consumer complaint site. Apparently, the problem you have is very common to Sanyo TVs. One person called it a panel board problem, another called it a PCB board problem, and others left it unnamed.

It generally seemed to run $200-$250 to fix, with no promise that it won't happen again.

DaneMcCloud 03-13-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 7488383)
Fixed it for ya Mr. Daface

You forgot to mention his oversized vagina from all those years in prison while being hosed with 45 pound weight bars as his family watched and cheered.

DaFace 03-13-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chopper (Post 7488382)
Which one does that manufacturer warranty thing?

Quite a few do it I think, but the one I currently use the most is a Discover Escape card. It also saved my ass recently because they automatically give you the Collision Damage Waiver insurance that car rental companies try and get you to buy. I hate those things, but took a rock to the windshield on a business trip.

DaFace 03-13-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 7488388)
If I were up to my ass in debt, I would run from the problem too, that will make it go away :thumb:

I still don't have any idea where you got this idea that I'm in debt. :shrug:

R8RFAN 03-13-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7488389)
For what it's worth:

I went to a Sanyo consumer complaint site. Apparently, the problem you have is very common to Sanyo TVs. One person called it a panel board problem, another called it a PCB board problem, and others left it unnamed.

It generally seemed to run $200-$250 to fix, with no promise that it won't happen again.

Thanks for the info.....

What would you do? Buy a new one or fix the old one?

R8RFAN 03-13-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7488394)

I know you are in debt because you are always the first one to defend using a credit card. It's like a drunk that does not think he is an alcoholic.

Gonzo 03-13-2011 10:26 PM

I just bought a Samsung 55 inch plasma, 1080, all bells and whistles. Super sale at Nebraska Furniture Mart for 650. Beautiful picture. 4 year warranty etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 03-13-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7488394)

Everyone's in debt.

Didn't you get the memo?

R8RFAN 03-13-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 7488402)
I just bought a Samsung 55 inch plasma, 1080, all bells and whistles. Super sale at Nebraska Furniture Mart for 650. Beautiful picture. 4 year warranty etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

That was a steal

BigMeatballDave 03-13-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 7488402)
Posted via Mobile Device

$650? **** off! :)

Just Passin' By 03-13-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 7488395)
Thanks for the info.....

What would you do? Buy a new one or fix the old one?

Think of the $250 as rental money. Would you pay $250 to rent that TV for 1-3 years? The way advances are happening in televisions today, that's a call that can go either way, IMO.

chopper 03-13-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7488392)
Quite a few do it I think, but the one I currently use the most is a Discover Escape card. It also saved my ass recently because they automatically give you the Collision Damage Waiver insurance that car rental companies try and get you to buy. I hate those things, but took a rock to the windshield on a business trip.

I hate that hard sell shit you have to go through when you rent a car. My company uses National, thankfully, we "skip the counter" all the time and don't deal with that crap. I think our contract with National has us protected from those types of accidents. But when we have to use another service, I usually just say yes, whatever, give me whatever you want and let me get the hell out of this airport.

I thought all credit cards automatically gave you rental car insurance like that, almost every article I've read praising credit cards lists the rental car insurance as a reason. But the asshole at Enterprise or whatever one time told me my credit card didn't cover anything. I felt like he was lying to me there, but I just bought the insurance anyway to get the hell out of there.

DaFace 03-13-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 7488399)
I know you are in debt because you are always the first one to defend using a credit card. It's like a drunk that does not think he is an alcoholic.

Are you related to googlegoogle?

R8RFAN 03-13-2011 10:29 PM

You know what Daface, I have that receipt right here and I bought that TV on my Visa card on a Saturday in May because the bank was closed...

I did pay it in full as soon as the bill came in though...

DaneMcCloud 03-13-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 7488399)

And you're a ****ing toothless moron.

I haven't paid for a hotel room in more than a decade. I've stayed at 4 and 5 star hotels in Italy, Tahiti, Hawaii, Mexico, Rome, Florence, Venice, Munich and many stateside hotels during that time.

Why?

Because I charge EVERYTHING to my credit card and let is work for ME.

But of course, you're far too ****ing reeruned to understand the concept, which is why you're stuck with a $1,000 dollar, piece of ****ing shit TV that's broken after one year.

LMAO

ROFL