ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Why Geno Smith fell in the draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272695)

BigCatDaddy 05-03-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9655061)
Why not root for success because, you know, it would actually be success?

Because I give Alex Smith about a 1% chance of leading this team deep into and winning in playoffs year in and year out over the next 5 years. Any signs of success even at 8-8 just prolongs the emphasis and finding someone else to play QB. I'd rather be 2-14 again than 8-8 this year. Alex needs to suck and suck royally and I believe he can although this cupcake schedule we have doesn't help matters.

Setsuna 05-03-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightrise (Post 9655035)
Wow, it was even worse than my instincts told me it was. I never could shake Vince Young visions and this strongly suggests why his coaches couldn't get him out of the pocket. He won't listen.

So because he's black he MUST get out of the pocket? That's ludicrous.

Messier 05-03-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9655072)
Because I give Alex Smith about a 1% chance of leading this team deep into and winning in playoffs year in and year out over the next 5 years. Any signs of success even at 8-8 just prolongs the emphasis and finding someone else to play QB. I'd rather be 2-14 again than 8-8 this year. Alex needs to suck and suck royally and I believe he can although this cupcake schedule we have doesn't help matters.

Yeah, the Chiefs would have a much better chance of sucking and only winning two games again, with one of the rookies starting for them. That's the truth.

BigCatDaddy 05-03-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9655088)
Yeah, the Chiefs would have a much better chance of sucking and only winning two games again, with one of the rookies starting for them. That's the truth.

Possibly, but they would have a better chance of being good in the long term. I would have still sat one of them for a year anyways and brought in Flynn, Palmer, or Kolb for a year since they were basically given away for late round picks. Use that 2nd on a player that can help the team in the long term.

ChiefsCountry 05-03-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9655060)
McCarron ... really?

isn't Boyd a smurf?

Boyd sucks. But go back and watch some YouTube on McCarron, he looks like a different player when you focus in on him. Arm, accurate, right size, nice swagger. Watching Alabama games last year live, you swear he is a game manager turd but he is actually a very good quarterback prospect.

Pitt Gorilla 05-03-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9655098)
Possibly, but they would have a better chance of being good in the long term. I would have still sat one of them for a year anyways and brought in Flynn, Palmer, or Kolb for a year since they were basically given away for late round picks. Use that 2nd on a player that can help the team in the long term.

Where do you get that? And, if you really believe that, do you not extend Bray the same consideration?

BigCatDaddy 05-03-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9655109)
Where do you get that? And, if you really believe that, do you not extend Bray the same consideration?

Because I'll take the unknown over the known. Most likely one or more of the QB's in the draft will be much better than Alex Smith. Buy a lottery ticket or two and see what happens. Obviously it's a Chief's board so we are seeing shit like 10-6 and playoff wins predicted, but the truth is that's just not going to happen with Alex Smith and this Chief team.

Not anymore than I would have given James Kilian. If they were going to throw numbers at the position than I might be a little more excited with Bray, but they didn't even do that.

I understand people are dug into their position and they aren't going to believe until they see it with their own eyes for about a month or two.

Pitt Gorilla 05-03-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9655112)
Because I'll take the unknown over the known. Most likely one or more of the QB's in the draft will be much better than Alex Smith. Buy a lottery ticket or two and see what happens. Obviously it's a Chief's board so we are seeing shit like 10-6 and playoff wins predicted, but the truth is that's just not going to happen with Alex Smith and this Chief team.

Not anymore than I would have given James Kilian. If they were going to throw numbers at the position than I might be a little more excited with Bray, but they didn't even do that.

I understand people are dug into their position and they aren't going to believe until they see it with their own eyes for about a month or two.

If there had been a run on QBs in the third round, would you feel better about Bray if we had drafted him with our comp pick?

BigCatDaddy 05-03-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9655120)
If there had been a run on QBs in the third round, would you feel better about Bray if we had drafted him with our comp pick?

LMAO Did you see him with Gruden? This guy is a poor man's Grbac.

I would have felt better with a guy like Jones or Barkley AND Bray. Maybe let those two battle it out for #2 and #3. Having Chase Daniel at the backup is a waste of a roster spot.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-03-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9654601)
stuff from you gets a "yawn"...you have proven to be brainless

Did you bust out your old 9-7 badge for the coming season yet?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr_Tomahawk 05-03-2013 02:17 PM

Evan Silva‏@evansilva1m
NFC scout on Geno Smith: "He's going to have a tough time in New York...He's coming off as a spoiled, pampered brat":

The Bad Guy 05-03-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9654870)
Yeah it'll be real awesome to watch our starting QB suck...my God people

Further proving my point that people here would rather lose with Alex Smith so they could attempt to be right about Geno.

cockeyes 05-03-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9655297)
Evan Silva‏@evansilva1m
NFC scout on Geno Smith: "He's going to have a tough time in New York...He's coming off as a spoiled, pampered brat":

Sanchez - turnover machine that he is - has a better makeup than vaGeno does. If he didn't succeed under these circumstances (and when the team had more talent) vaGeno is not likely to. The reports on vaGeno all pointed out his high number of fumbles, ball security isn't his strength either.

Of course it's possible Ryan could be fired and a bangup new coaching staff will be brought in and they could decide to stick with vaGeno and could be successful stocking the team with talent again and he could grow up and turn into a good QB.

But aren't the chances more likely that vaGeno will have to land with another team first?

Any potential replacement coaching staff would presumably have NFL experience and this probably belong to one of the staffs that this year passed on vaGeno at least once, possibly two or more times. What are the chances they will stick with a Rex Ryan leftover? A new coach usually wants to select his own QB. They especially don't want to inherit one with maturity problems.

vaGeno's best chance might be to wash out in New York as quickly as possible, strange as it seems.

Mr. Laz 05-03-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockeyes (Post 9655350)
Sanchez - turnover machine that he is - has a better makeup than vaGeno does.

you're nuts ... Geno and Sanchez appear to be brothers from different mothers

both appear to be immature prima donna

of course this is all 3rd party information so will will have to wait and see

BigCatDaddy 05-03-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9655333)
Further proving my point that people here would rather lose with Alex Smith so they could attempt to be right about Geno.

Not true.

I'd rather lose with Alex and move on quickly for the search for that guy that's going to be a top 10 QB in the league for the next decade rather than waste 3-4 years spinning our wheels.