ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: With Dallas hiring Kiffen... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269286)

Nightfyre 01-25-2013 09:57 AM

Ironic that Dallas, who has two great corners, wants to run a scheme that basically marginalizes them.

Sorter 01-25-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9350060)
Ironic that Dallas, who has two great corners, wants to run a scheme that basically marginalizes them.

I mean, I guess I'd be willing to take them off their hands.

Rambozo 01-25-2013 11:08 AM

I bet they take a safety early in the draft.

mcaj22 01-25-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9349442)
Lee- Probably
Connor-no
Carter-maybe and JJ likes him a ton IIRC so he probably stays.

Dan Connor and Sean Lee played in a Cover 2 43 defense at Penn State their entire careers

they absolutely can play that defense. I know because I went to Penn State

none of those guys are getting cut if they are under contract

BossChief 01-25-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9350302)
Dan Connor and Sean Lee played in a Cover 2 43 defense at Penn State their entire careers

Playing in a 4-3 in the big ten is COMPLETELY different than doing so in the NFL.

not saying they can't do it, I don't know that, just saying that their college history of doing so isn't very relevant to what they would do in the NFL.

None of those guys would be cut, but I could see Dallas moving one of them during the draft if the value was there.

Id be willing to listen to them if they would.

Sorter 01-25-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9350302)

Did not know that. have no idea what the contract of Connor is

Rambozo 01-25-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9350060)

Carr was drafted as a cover 2 CB. Kiffen created the cover 2. He was a great zone CB who developed into a cover guy. I'm sure Claiborne will adapt and there is no way they get rid of yet.

mcaj22 01-25-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9350321)
Playing in a 4-3 in the big ten is COMPLETELY different than doing so in the NFL.

not saying they can't do it, I don't know that, just saying that their college history of doing so isn't very relevant to what they would do in the NFL.

None of those guys would be cut, but I could see Dallas moving one of them during the draft if the value was there.

Id be willing to listen to them if they would.

being able to play in it and knowing the scheme are both completely different things

im not sure what their athletic/health is currently or if they lost a step but they certainly know the 43 Cover 2 a lot better than the couple years of NFL 34 they had.

in this case Dan Connor played in the 34 one year in Dallas and was in a 43 on the Panthers and at Penn State

and you want to bring him here. Funny joke.

the fact remains and my point was, those guys know the cover 2 43 a lot better than they do the 34 I would put money on it.

And your argument about the cover 2 43 at the college level. Monte Kiffin just ran it at USC. and is going to Dallas. Let that sink in for a minute if these guys are going to be able to play his outdated 43 defense or not.

mcaj22 01-25-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9350323)
Did not know that. have no idea what the contract of Connor is

I think he was on a one or two year deal Im not sure

but Sean Lee and Bruce Carter arent going anywhere let alone our crappy 34 defense

BossChief 01-25-2013 12:08 PM

Why did Carolina move Connor after his one year as a 4-3 LB?

Honest question.

mcaj22 01-25-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9350423)
Why did Carolina move Connor after his one year as a 4-3 LB?

Honest question.

I'm pretty sure Dan Connor has injury (concussion) concerns? and was a cheap buy low for any team, Dallas took a chance. We had Scooter ***** so he would never take a flyer on a FA like that and would rather keep our undrafted MLBer with red flag anger management in house team counseling issues instead.

Also Carolina had a log jam with investing contracts into Jon Beason, James Anderson and injury prone Thomas Davis, they couldnt invest another contract in Connor. That put them in play for Luke Kuechly, ya know the guy we should have drafted, but again Scooter is an idiot