ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Pro Football Reference's simple rating system and the 2012 Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266239)

mcaj22 11-06-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9091189)
You're probably right. It is just goddamn frustrating because this team isn't this bad.

yes it is, when you have depth and foundation pieces and your GM has a massive ego to let guys go for nothing just so he can pick and choose his own positions as many times as he wants eventually means a team will hit rock bottom

the team is losing talent the last 4 years. more talent is walking out the door than there is coming in.

Letting Wade Smith walk so Pioli can draft 45 offensive lineman and waste picks so he can play safe and keep drafting guards every draft

or him drafting 45 TEs until he hits on one or 25 CBs because he lets guys like Carr walk out the door doesnt make the team better. These are downgrades.'

he had a nickel CB he could have groomed in 09
he had a guard he could have kept a 4 year starter
he had a LBer he could have used as a pass rusher
he had the best kicker in the NFL
he had one of the best young CB duos and was a safety upgrade away from one of the best young secondaries

Pioli HAD a lot of things where all he had to do was sit his fat ass in a chair and fart and not **** up. But his massive ego having to constantly add/drop players so he can get a bunch of young yes man guys in the draft, doesnt mean theres any actual NFL talent left on the team

CoMoChief 11-06-2012 03:04 PM

Given the expectations by many coming into this season with our key players returning, I have to say so far this is the worst team I've ever seen given what was expected.

and it's not even close.

whoman69 11-06-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9090979)
Yes it can.

Because Robinson's defense played good teams.

Also, GROB:

2001 - 21.5 PPG allowed
2002 - 24.9 PPG allowed
2003 - 20.8 PPG allowed

2012 - 30.0 PPG allowed

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

This team is giving up 30.0 per game because the offense is giving the other team short field so many times. The defense also knows that once they give up 20 the game is over. The 2002 team actually outscored the opposition despite giving up 399 points. The offense in 2002 gave up the ball only 15 times while we've given it up 29 times in half a season. The Chiefs were outgained that year despite having 6000 yards of offense.

To top it off, the 2004 Chiefs may have even been worse.

Hammock Parties 11-06-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9091284)
This team is giving up 30.0 per game because the offense is giving the other team short field so many times. The defense also knows that once they give up 20 the game is over. The 2002 team actually outscored the opposition despite giving up 399 points. The offense in 2002 gave up the ball only 15 times while we've given it up 29 times in half a season. The Chiefs were outgained that year despite having 6000 yards of offense.

To top it off, the 2004 Chiefs may have even been worse.

Sorry, but giving up 6.3 yards per play is abysmal, turnovers or not.

Remember when the D let the Bucs go right down the field to start the second half of that game?

Remember when they got crushed by the Raiders when we got within striking distance?

Last week against San Diego, it's 10-6, and the defense lays down and it's 17-6.

This is a god damn terrible defense. The only team allowing more yards per play this year is the Saints.

DTHOF 11-06-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9089545)
I didn't need to see all of those numbers, as I posted last week this was the worst team I have ever seen take the field for the Chiefs in 43 years of fandom.

Watching them has now become more of a curiosity, similar to gawking at a 11 car pile up in the opposing lanes of traffic.

You slow down to look, then you move on, thanking God it wasn't you.

My rival fan friends feel sorry for me, and show pity.

That is the worst part. No one hates us anymore because they are too busy feeling sorry for us. Raider fans don't even make the effort anymore except for the occasional troll.

aturnis 11-06-2012 08:59 PM

I just watch in order to be sure they lost. I want to see it for myself. I couldn't stand them ****ing it up for us and winning one or a few...

In the process of this abysmal season, I've become a huge fan of Jacksonville, Cleveland, and Carolina.

Saccopoo 11-07-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9091183)
Asamoah and Hudson are going to be pretty good players IMO.

Maybe Berry if he recovers.

The rest are trash burning in a dumpster fire, apart from perhaps Poe if he develops.

Are we talking in terms of Pioli guys?

If so, from top to bottom, IMO:

Houston
Hudson
Succop
Berry
Powe
Poe

The rest at this point are meh.

Saccopoo 11-07-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9092652)
I just watch in order to be sure they lost. I want to see it for myself. I couldn't stand them ****ing it up for us and winning one or a few...

In the process of this abysmal season, I've become a huge fan of Jacksonville, Cleveland, and Carolina.

http://tvrecappersanonymous.files.wo...n-head-nod.gif

Sorter 11-07-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9092652)

http://i.imgur.com/e7IWl.gif

Hammock Parties 11-07-2012 01:50 AM

An addendum to this:

The 2010 Chiefs faced the weakest schedule in franchise history.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-09-2012 08:47 AM

Wow.

FAILoli.

FringeNC 11-09-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9094296)
An addendum to this:

The 2010 Chiefs faced the weakest schedule in franchise history.

I'm pretty sure that's factored into the ratings.

Hammock Parties 11-09-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9100853)
I'm pretty sure that's factored into the ratings.

That was factored into the 2010 rating for sure...which is why a winning team had a -0.7 rating on the SRS.

Hammock Parties 11-09-2012 09:20 AM

Ah, damn.

Our SRS rating has gone up to -14.8 because of last night's game.

COME ON STEELERS

AND ALL OF OUR PAST AND FUTURE OPPONENTS LOSING THIS WEEKEND

WhiteWhale 11-09-2012 09:41 AM

Yeah, I know.

Scott Pioli just spent 4 years building one of the worst teams in NFL history. That's the fruit he's grown here.

Of course, I don't think there's any chance he keeps his job after this disaster.