ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football So... some of my fellow Bucs fans think you hate your team (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278017)

SPATCH 10-28-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10133807)
I agree with that, but did you think Joe Flacco was going to blow by them all and win a championship?

Anything is possible.

Flacco can spin a deep ball.

mcaj22 10-28-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 10133831)
I could name 20 guys right now that I would rather have than Alex Smith.

Alex Smith had a lot of critics here when we made the trade and he hasn't done much to win his critics over yet.

He still can't throw the deep ball with any effectiveness whatsoever and that is severely limiting our offense. I don't think anyone is out of line to continue to air the same grievances that they were airing before the season.

there are not 20 guys that give you a better chance at the SB than Smith

just because Tony Romo, Jay Cutler, and Matt Stafford can throw for 4000 yards doesnt mean they are any better of legitimate Super Bowl contending QBs than Smith is.

In fact those guys haven't shown much either, and they are "passing" QBs.

SPATCH 10-28-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10133843)
there are not 20 guys that give you a better chance at the SB than Smith

just because Tony Romo, Jay Cutler, and Matt Stafford can throw for 4000 yards doesnt mean they are any better of legitimate Super Bowl contending QBs than Smith is.

In fact those guys haven't shown much either, and they are "passing" QBs.

Oh hell to the ****ing yes it does.

I would give my left nut for Matt Stafford on this team.

the Talking Can 10-28-2013 10:15 AM

stafford isn't better than smith

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

doomy3 10-28-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 10133853)

Jay Cutler has played with a top 3 defense for the last few years, and hasn't sniffed success. BUT HE THROWS A NICE DEEP BALL!!!

(Agree with you on Stafford. However, there wasn't really a Stafford in this draft.)

SPATCH 10-28-2013 10:17 AM

Anyone who would rather have Alex Smith than Matt Stafford plz GTFO my face.

doomy3 10-28-2013 10:18 AM

I love Stafford. It is interesting how he isn't the same guy when he doesn't have Calvin Johnson to throw jump balls to though.

hitchief 10-28-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 10133853)

Yeah, the big passing yards would be great but there is that little trade off called interceptions.

Your great D is gonna be so great if they have to defend short fields a lot and have to play more snaps due to an O that doesn't control the clock.

And by the way he would not have Megatron to just toss up jump balls to all the time.

And yeah, they have been passing for huge yards ever since he got there but what in the hell has that team won with him there?

SPATCH 10-28-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 10133860)
Jay Cutler has played with a top 3 defense for the last few years, and hasn't sniffed success. BUT HE THROWS A NICE DEEP BALL!!!

(Agree with you on Stafford. However, there wasn't really a Stafford in this draft.)

Ok. I'd still rather have Cutler than Smith.

DaWolf 10-28-2013 10:22 AM

I think from a general sense we're all pretty happy. You'll have your specific folk who basically have established themselves as people who enjoy logging onto a message board and ripping certain aspects of things no matter what, but even for them, if they actually are Chiefs fans and not just a person trying to get a rise out of people, they're generally going to enjoy a Chiefs win.

I think the majority of what you are seeing are the residual effects of a decade of Marty Ball. We went through a decade of having great defenses and special teams always getting us in the playoffs, but never actually winning in the playoffs because the offense wasn't good enough.

You're also seeing the residual effects of the organization continually trading for someone else's QB. Alex Smith in a vacuum is fine. He's not great, but he can get the job done as long as you provide stability and a good supporting cast. But he's not a guy that we drafted and developed, he's a known quantity that we traded picks for. So now there's a great weight being put on him to show us that he's more than what he has been.

So in one sense, it's awesome that the team is doing well. But we've also seen this before, and it is that inevitable sense of playoff failure that is staring at us around the corner.

Bucs fans could in one sense relate going back to the Tony Dungy era there. Especially the Shaun King days. In another sense, they can't relate because they won a Super Bowl with the very average Brad Johnson. And believe me, if Alex Smith could win a Super Bowl like Brad Johnsnon and that defense did that year, this team would become an immortal legend in our eyes. But the odds are against it...

Brock 10-28-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 10133869)
Anyone who would rather have Alex Smith than Matt Stafford plz GTFO my face.

Welcome to the mind of chiefs fan.

doomy3 10-28-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 10133879)
Ok. I'd still rather have Cutler than Smith.

I definitely would not. Give me a leader at the QB spot. Cutler isn't that. I don't care how hard he can throw a football.

Dartgod 10-28-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 10133831)
I could name 20 guys right now that I would rather have than Alex Smith.

Of those 20, please name the ones that were actually available to the Chiefs.

SAUTO 10-28-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10133685)
Yep I agree.

take all the time off you want idiot

Pablo 10-28-2013 10:26 AM

LMAO at anyone trying to build a case for Alex over Stafford. That's just absurd.