ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Report: Pending physical, Peyton Manning intends to return to Broncos (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290102)

Discuss Thrower 03-04-2015 05:40 PM

All of Hootie's apologism stems from Peyton Manning "destroying" one of the worst defenses in NFL history in one playoff game from the 2003 season.

Donger 03-04-2015 05:41 PM

Can someone tell me how Brady's deal is different than Manning's?

Just Passin' By 03-04-2015 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11340252)
Not at all.

If Peyton Manning takes a ridiculous paycut it'll piss me off just as badly.

I'm not even attacking Brady.

I'm attacking the Patriots. Why are they the one team that gets to pay their elite QB far less than every other elite QB?

It's salary cap circumvention. And it's impossible to prove. Kudos to the Patriots for one upping the rest of the NFL, once again. It's what they do.

A ridiculous $4 million dollar pay cut after throwing 39 TDs and leading his team to a 12-4 record. And they did it in order to lower the cap. Now the Broncos will get to pay their elite QB far less than the Packers have to pay Rodgers, for example. That's salary cap circumvention.

Right, Hootie? You must be so disappointed to find out that Manning's just another cheater.

Just Passin' By 03-04-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 11361015)
Can someone tell me how Brady's deal is different than Manning's?

Brady's deal leads to his team winning Super Bowls.

Discuss Thrower 03-04-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11361024)
Brady's deal leads to his team winning Super Bowls.

:popcorn:

Hootie 03-04-2015 05:53 PM

Nah, I think the Broncos and Manning are doing it in good faith. $19M to $15M makes sense.

Taking a fully guaranteed contract and then agreeing to waive all the guarantees and playing for $9M a year as Tom Brady is insane. It's cheating. 100%. Can't prove it, though...so if anything, I think it's great Bob Kraft is willing to do whatever it takes to win.

Just Passin' By 03-04-2015 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11361040)
Nah, I think the Broncos and Manning are doing it in good faith. $19M to $15M makes sense.

Taking a fully guaranteed contract and then agreeing to waive all the guarantees and playing for $9M a year as Tom Brady is insane. It's cheating. 100%. Can't prove it, though...so if anything, I think it's great Bob Kraft is willing to do whatever it takes to win.

LMAO

Props to you for being willing to make yourself look like a dipshit all for some trolling.

saphojunkie 03-04-2015 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11361040)

You're so full of shit. LMAO

They're lowering his salary in good faith that after he retires, he'll stay on the payroll.

Hootie 03-04-2015 05:55 PM

Hey man ...

Put me in a poker tournament, with 10 guys, and give me $1,000,000 in chips and give everyone else $10,000 in chips and I'll win every time.

Brady's contract gives the Patriots a lot of extra starting chips and I guarantee Brady isn't losing a single $ doing it ... he'll make every penny back times 10 from Bob Kraft after his career is over.

That is salary cap circumvention. I'm sorry that I'm capable of seeing things for what they are ... rather than just thinking, "oh gee! That Tom Brady! He's the only guy who wants to win!"

I'm surprised people aren't bashing Peyton for only agreeing to cut $4M off his salary ... I'm surprised people aren't calling him greedy right now. It's a good thing I steered the narrative towards Brady's cheater contract or that's exactly what everyone would be talking about.

Hootie 03-04-2015 05:57 PM

hypocrite?

The Broncos are admitting he's taking a paycut so they can sign more players. He also won't recoup that $4M from the Broncos ... ever. Never.

Brady makes $9M a year FULLY KNOWING he'll get all of that lost money back after his career is over WITH THE PATRIOTS.

How in the **** do you morons not see the ****ing difference?

It's ****ing just baffling. Like ... it hurts. It's COMPLETELY different.

Hootie 03-04-2015 05:57 PM

the fact you guys don't see the difference just shows how much I own all of you

totally own

it's embarrassing

Just Passin' By 03-04-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11361048)
...I'm surprised people aren't bashing Peyton for only agreeing to cut $4M off his salary ... I'm surprised people aren't calling him greedy right now. It's a good thing I steered the narrative towards Brady's cheater contract or that's exactly what everyone would be talking about.

Hell, Hootie, ask and you shall receive:

Quote:

When negotiations began, the Broncos were seeking a far more severe pay cut than $4 million.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...agrees-pay-cut

So they couldn't even agree on how much they'd cheat. :thumb:

saphojunkie 03-04-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11361048)
Hey man ...

Put me in a poker tournament, with 10 guys, and give me $1,000,000 in chips and give everyone else $10,000 in chips and I'll win every time.

Brady's contract gives the Patriots a lot of extra starting chips and I guarantee Brady isn't losing a single $ doing it ... he'll make every penny back times 10 from Bob Kraft after his career is over.

That is salary cap circumvention. I'm sorry that I'm capable of seeing things for what they are ... rather than just thinking, "oh gee! That Tom Brady! He's the only guy who wants to win!"

I'm surprised people aren't bashing Peyton for only agreeing to cut $4M off his salary ... I'm surprised people aren't calling him greedy right now. It's a good thing I steered the narrative towards Brady's cheater contract or that's exactly what everyone would be talking about.

POP QUIZ TIME!

Peyton Manning is:

A) Greedy
B) A cheater
C) A choke artist
D) Not worth his price tag.

Congratulations, it's

E) All of the above.

saphojunkie 03-04-2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11361053)
the fact you guys don't see the difference just shows how much I own all of you

totally own

it's embarrassing

LMAO

saphojunkie 03-04-2015 06:00 PM

The difference is that Tom Brady is cheating better than Peyton Manning. He's also playing quarterback better.

And I'm fairly certain he would deliver better pizza, to boot.