ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Prisco's Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270307)

BryanBusby 02-23-2013 11:51 AM

I can flip your logic around because this draft is actually pretty quality for Defensive Line and why feel the rush to draft a DL at 1 when you can get a pretty good one at 34 and a better QB at one than you could get at 34? I'd place quarterback at higher importance.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 9428135)
I agree, if the Chiefs determine Geno is that guy. If they see little difference in Geno and say, Tyler Wilson or another QB, it may be wiser to take another position at 1 and get your QB at 34. Improving your TEAM overall.

If teams see little difference between Geno and Wilson, and the Chiefs pick Geno #1, Wilson will go in the TOP TEN, not the 2nd round.

And improving the TEAM is overrated. QB is more important than the other 21 positions combined anymore.

chiefforlife 02-23-2013 11:57 AM

“There will be somebody at that position that goes in the second, third, fourth round and he works out,” Reid said. “We just have to go through that and evaluate it and that takes time.

This quote from Reid, I believe, suggests a QB in the second or beyond and not the first.

I have wanted the Chiefs to take a first round QB for most of my life, just not convinced this is the year.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 9428203)
“There will be somebody at that position that goes in the second, third, fourth round and he works out,” Reid said. “We just have to go through that and evaluate it and that takes time.

This quote from Reid, I believe, suggests a QB in the second or beyond and not the first.

I have wanted the Chiefs to take a first round QB for most of my life, just not convinced this is the year.

If this isn't the year, "the year" will never come.

chiefforlife 02-23-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9428220)
If this isn't the year, "the year" will never come.

Thats a bit dramatic, dont you think?

Bewbies 02-23-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 9428236)

When is the last time the #1 pick wasn't a QB and worked out? Meaning led to more wins, playoff wins, coaches and GM wasn't fired a couple years later?

htismaqe 02-23-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

We haven't won a playoff game in 2 decades.

No, I don't think it's a bit dramatic.

melbar 02-23-2013 05:05 PM

The big question is how does Reid see these guys? If he thinks Wilson or anyone else fits what he wants to do better or equally, he may wait and move up. If Geno impresses him and he thinks he's THE guy We should take him with the #1 no question.

AustinChief 02-23-2013 05:25 PM

Vaccaro at #21 is a steal.

Sorter 02-23-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9429170)
Vaccaro at #21 is a steal.

Definitely

htismaqe 02-23-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar (Post 9429109)
The big question is how does Reid see these guys? If he thinks Wilson or anyone else fits what he wants to do better or equally, he may wait and move up. If Geno impresses him and he thinks he's THE guy We should take him with the #1 no question.

If he thinks Wilson is a better fit than Geno, he needs to take him 1-1.

**** value, trading around is how you end up stuck with Nassib or Dysert because somebody took Wilson before you could get to him.

melbar 02-23-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9429820)
If he thinks Wilson is a better fit than Geno, he needs to take him 1-1.

**** value, trading around is how you end up stuck with Nassib or Dysert because somebody took Wilson before you could get to him.

I get that. I think too often you can get "cute" guessing where someone will get drafted so you can get a little more. That's why I thought we should have "reached" for Russell last year. But yes, if you think you see he fits what you want, then go get him!

Hammock Parties 02-23-2013 10:55 PM

**** yeah. Another one biets teh dsust...

WildTurkey 02-23-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9428337)
When is the last time the #1 pick wasn't a QB and worked out? Meaning led to more wins, playoff wins, coaches and GM wasn't fired a couple years later?

Orlando Pace in 1997.. But even that's debatable.. As the Rams lucked into Kurt Warner

KCDC 02-23-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

When was the last time we had the #1 pick? Never. When will we get it again? Hopefully, never. We can have the best QB in the draft without trading away our future to move up. It really is now or never. I would have preferred Luck or RGIII, but I'll take Geno.