ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls V (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209317)

Jerm 05-15-2011 08:23 PM

I've never played an Elder Scrolls game, just now got to where I really like RPGs (thanks in large part to Fallout 3), and after reading about this game for a while...it's a must buy for me.

In fact, I'm pre-ordering it tomorrow night when I pick up L.A. Noire.

Frazod 05-15-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 7641881)
I've never played an Elder Scrolls game, just now got to where I really like RPGs (thanks in large part to Fallout 3), and after reading about this game for a while...it's a must buy for me.

In fact, I'm pre-ordering it tomorrow night when I pick up L.A. Noire.

You should go back and play Oblivion. It will be a touch dated now, but it's still a great game. The main story is a bit weak, and the combat gets kind of clunky if there are too many combatants in a fight (which happens in the main story arc), but you'll still enjoy it. And I'm sure it can be picked up for next to nothing at this point.

Jerm 05-19-2011 03:08 PM

November is a long ways off but L.A. Noire is taking up all my gaming time right now and with NCAA and Madden on the horizon, not to mention Arkham City, Gears 3, FIFA, etc. I think it'll make it go by faster.

I might pick up Oblivion, my brother in law has it...I'll just borrow it from him.

Regardless I'm fully 100% hyped for this game and after NCAA 12 drops it's officially the next one on the radar.

Hammock Parties 06-07-2011 10:42 AM

wOW. 3:20 ONWARD = SOLD

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sDaFI0DD5PY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

iN hd:

http://www.inquisitr.com/111988/six-...yrim-gameplay/

Molitoth 06-07-2011 12:05 PM

Just watched this on Spike yesterday and it looks downright amazing.

The problem? Not MMO, so no thanks.

I just cannot get into games for 300+ hours without interaction anymore.
I grew up playing Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy, Fantasy Star, Shadowgate, Zelda, etc... and could easily play all of those games until the end until: Everquest... which changed my preference forever. I bought Oblivion and played about 15 hours before I got so bored with just simple storyline and lack of interaction that its just collecting dust. Final Fantasy 13 got about 15 hours before I took it back to the store. Games just don't appeal to me when I can't play them with my friends.

WHY GOD WHY can they not make these kick ass games multiplayer??????????????

Hammock Parties 06-07-2011 12:23 PM

MMOs suck.

QuikSsurfer 06-07-2011 12:40 PM

**** MMOs -- This game is going to be amazing without subscription fees

Frazod 06-07-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 7683063)
**** MMOs -- This game is going to be amazing without subscription fees

Bingo. If I want to interact with people using my computer, I'll use facebook.

keg in kc 06-07-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7683103)
Bingo. If I want to interact with people using my computer, I'll use facebook.

I don't play MMOs to interact with anybody, I play MMO's because they're enormous ****ing games. Hundreds and hundreds of hours of content. When it launches, I'll be playing TOR with a grand total of like 6 other people.

They're very solo-friendly these days. You can play without ever interacting with anybody if you want, although there will obviously be some things you won't be able to see and do.

Hell, you know me. I probably make you look like a happy-go-lucky social butterfly...

keg in kc 06-07-2011 01:44 PM

Speaking of Skyrim, once I finish working at the end of June, I'm going to try to slog through Oblivion again. If I can make it through that game, I'll buy Skyrim. I wasn't a big fan of Oblivion originally, and if I can't get more than 20 hours of entertainment out of it this time, I figure Skyrim will ultimately be a waste of money for me.

whoman69 06-07-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7683271)
Speaking of Skyrim, once I finish working at the end of June, I'm going to try to slog through Oblivion again. If I can make it through that game, I'll buy Skyrim. I wasn't a big fan of Oblivion originally, and if I can't get more than 20 hours of entertainment out of it this time, I figure Skyrim will ultimately be a waste of money for me.

I would think trying to get through the guilds would give you more than 20 hours of gameplay. Add on to that Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles and you're well over that. The main story line is pretty basic and the Arena is a joke if you're over level 10, but overall its a pretty encompassing game. I like character creation for Oblivion in how you can tweek your character's look.

whoman69 06-07-2011 03:58 PM

My cd drive has been out on my computer for some time. Got Morrowind for Christmas and still haven't played.

keg in kc 06-07-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 7683632)
I would think trying to get through the guilds would give you more than 20 hours of gameplay. Add on to that Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles and you're well over that. The main story line is pretty basic and the Arena is a joke if you're over level 10, but overall its a pretty encompassing game. I like character creation for Oblivion in how you can tweek your character's look.

I know it's longer than 20 hours. The question was whether I lose interest in less than 20 hours, which I did originally.

QuikSsurfer 06-08-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7683671)
I know it's longer than 20 hours. The question was whether I lose interest in less than 20 hours, which I did originally.

Just play the thieves guild, dark brotherhood, Knights of the nine, and Shivering Isle. I'm doing the same thing in preparation for Skyrim.. I logged over 200 hours in Oblivion back in 07/08.

Saulbadguy 06-09-2011 01:04 PM

Will I have to play any of the previous games to enjoy this one?