ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ****THE OFFICIAL DRAFT TYLER BRAY THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269117)

Titty Meat 01-21-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9339067)
Matt Barkley got hurt November 24, the last USC game was December 31. Don't know how you get 2 months out of that but whatever floats your boat.

Its the same shit everyone does on here when theres a player they dont like.

Tribal Warfare 01-21-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9339067)
Matt Barkley got hurt November 24, the last USC game was December 31. Don't know how you get 2 months out of that but whatever floats your boat.

December, January, then the combine. Over two months and I doubt he'll throw or run too.

ChiefsCountry 01-21-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9339074)
December, January, then the combine. Over two moths and I doubt he'll throw or run too

Oh darn he missed out on the Senior Bowl. Sure missing a hell of alot. But you are the dumbass quarterback whisper.

Tribal Warfare 01-21-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9339076)
Oh darn he missed out on the Senior Bowl. Sure missing a hell of alot. But you are the dumbass quarterback whisper.

Yep who called Kaepernick and Flacco

Saul Good 01-21-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9338826)
I was thinking the same thing. But Barkley has a much better arm, and Pennington has much better downfield accuracy (even if he can't make all the downfield throws).

Pennington's arm coming out of college was as good as Barkley's. He sustained injuries that weakened an already mediocre arm.

SAUTO 01-21-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9339076)

hey now, his daddy played qb in the league.

pee wee league that is

RUSH 01-21-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9339001)
. Barkley doesn't have close to their arm strength

Disagree. Barkley's arm is not weak. It's not strong but it's definitely not weak and plenty good enough for the NFL. Rivers has lost all the zip on the ball these past few years, so I'd definitely disagree there. Probably right on Romo but it's not a vast difference.

And when I said his upside is Romo or Rivers, I didn't mean that is who he compares to as a QB. I'm referring to how good he can become, and I think that level is attainable if he lands with the right team.

It's tough to come up with a comparison to Barkley. The one I see a lot of is Andy Dalton, but I think that's selling Barkley short.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9339139)
It's tough to come up with a comparison to Barkley. The one I see a lot of is Andy Dalton, but I think that's selling Barkley short.

I'm glad you added that last part because for me, Andy Dalton is thoroughly meh.

RUSH 01-21-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339142)
I'm glad you added that last part because for me, Andy Dalton is thoroughly meh.

Agreed, I would hate to have Dalton as my team's QB.

Not good enough to win you a super bowl, but not bad enough to replace him. Football purgatory.

It's like having a NBA team that gets the 7 or 8 seed each year. You make the playoffs, but you don't have a chance once you get there and not much chance to improve since you aren't in the lottery to potentially get a superstar.

The Bengals should draft a QB every single year in hopes of finding a hidden gem.

ChiefsCountry 01-21-2013 01:55 PM

I think Andy Dalton would be the absoluete floor of Matt Barkley. The worst he will be would be Dalton.

Rambozo 01-21-2013 02:04 PM

Tyler Bray is fools gold. He looks the part and has the tools but, he still managed to never do jack shit. The guy has had one of the best LTs in the country and three WRs that will probably go in the first two rounds. Despite this, he only one two SEC games in his career. One against Vanderbilt and one against Kentucky. He is immature and doesn't want to put in the time. I really hope we pass.

Rambozo 01-21-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9339199)
I think Andy Dalton would be the absoluete floor of Matt Barkley. The worst he will be would be Dalton.

I think you are crazy. He's no where near Dalton imo. His arm compares to Chad Pennington's.

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339142)

He's still very young and improving. We don't yet know what his ceiling is.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9339213)
He's still very young and improving. We don't yet know what his ceiling is.

I don't see that at all.

I think he's maxed out. He's a poor man's Matt Ryan. Meh.

SAUTO 01-21-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9339211)
I think you are crazy. He's no where near Dalton imo. His arm compares to Chad Pennington's.

i disagree.

he made some throws this season that pennington wasnt allowed to dream about making... ever