ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The state of the Kansas City Chiefs. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267254)

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9168482)
This was NOT a "workplace shooting".

The guy murdered his girlfriend and didn't have a ****ing clue what to do next so he went to the one "safe place" he knows. It seems pretty obvious to me.

Blaming Pioli for any of this is beyond crazy.

Yeah I just don't think beyond adding stress to his life that you can. In the end though, the mind is a crazy thing.

Red Beans 12-01-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9168408)
Explain the logic underlying your conclusion.

A win would be positive for the community and the players.

JohnnyHammersticks 12-01-2012 04:09 PM

I absolutely despise Scott Pioli. The date of his impending dismissal will be forever etched in my mind like the birthday of a loved one, or the end of a war, etc.

That being said, a 25-yr. old man with presumably quite a bit to live for, got so mad because his girlfriend stayed out a bit too late with one of her friends after a concert that he killed the mother of his infant child and then blew his own brains out. This is just an "adult" who was either mentally ill or astonishingly immature dealing with something in a horrifically stupid, tragically short-sighted way.

Hard to pin that on Pioli. I'm pretty sure it's not something you see coming in a pre-draft interview.

okoye35chiefs 12-01-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9168423)
I don't think anyone is dismissing the claim that Arrowhead could be the trigger or part of the problem. At least I am not. I just don't think that means Pioli is somehow morally responsible for a part in this.

I was not saying such either. I was saying that a normal everyday guy on the street could get fired and go in and shoot the place up and then take his own life. I don't think him being fired would be the ONLY reason he came back and shot up a building. More that goes on in a situation like that most times.

I am not calling it a work place shooting either..

htismaqe 12-01-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9168491)
A win would be positive for the community and the players.

NOTHING is going to be positive for the community and players at noon tomorrow.

If the shooting had happened Wednesday? Maybe.

But right before their pre-game walkthrough? Gimme a break. Playing a GAME right now is not galvanzing, uplifting, or positive.

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9168502)
I was not saying such either. I was saying that a normal everyday guy on the street could get fired and go in and shoot the place up and then take his own life. I don't think him being fired would be the ONLY reason he came back and shot up a building. More that goes on in a situation like that most times.

I am not calling it a work place shooting either..

Yeah I never thought you were. Or at least I don't think I did. I can't remember. Basically 3 threads on the same thing right now.

okoye35chiefs 12-01-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9168412)
in military training in the past and at my current work I have to attend "active shooter" and "suicide watch" programs once a year.

In both cases the trainers start with the characteristics of each of these individuals:

"there is NO characteristic for either"

That is the point. You have to treat every situation and be prepared for the worse.

Everyone is different. Because you get fired from your job is sometimes the trigger not the overwhelming full reason for either.

I don't blame the chiefs or Pioli..

I was just comparing it to an everyday guy that gets fired and then snaps and shoots up the building. I think in that case he snaps at being fired and shoots up the building. Alot of people say it is works fault.

I say no that was the trigger that caused it. If you go back and shoot up a building you have other issues going on in your life.

I guess that was my point.. sorry for the confusion if any

htismaqe 12-01-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9168513)
I am not blaming the chiefs or pioli in this matter. I was saying alot of people blame work for going back and shooting up a building.

I am saying that in that case there are other things going on in his life. Him being fired was just the trigger.

He didn't shoot up his "workplace".

He went to his workplace after shooting up his HOME.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-01-2012 04:17 PM

htismage brought this up in the SOC thread...but it relates to this thread topic...

Is the whole Fire Pioli movement dead?

Rugby Thompson 12-01-2012 04:19 PM

Arrowhead is even more cursed and haunted now...

Lprechaun 12-01-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9168530)
htismage brought this up in the SOC thread...but it relates to this thread topic...

Is the whole Fire Pioli movement dead?

No, I hope not. A player, a Chief murdered someone. Doesnt change a thing. Pioli, Crennel, and any other tie to NE need to be GONE. We were once a respected organization. Now our players are literally killing themselves and others. Sorry, but you as a leader are responsible for your "employees", Their actions and reputations. Pioli made a big deal about the "right 53" and Belcher was one of them.

Red Beans 12-01-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9168505)
NOTHING is going to be positive for the community and players at noon tomorrow.

If the shooting had happened Wednesday? Maybe.

But right before their pre-game walkthrough? Gimme a break. Playing a GAME right now is not galvanzing, uplifting, or positive.

Read my OP bud. I said if they have to play a win would be better than a loss...

htismaqe 12-01-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9168564)
Read my OP bud. I said if they have to play a win would be better than a loss...

For who?

okoye35chiefs 12-01-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9168516)
He didn't shoot up his "workplace".

He went to his workplace after shooting up his HOME.

I never said it was. My previous comments related to active shooter and suicide programs at work and in military.

Red Beans 12-01-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9168580)
For who?

For the community and the players. You think if they're forced to play, that getting their ass kicked is going to make them feel any better? They're athletes man, sadly for many of them that is the only identity they will ever know. It is how they define themselves. A win would help their psyche and the psyche of the community.