ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The state of the Kansas City Chiefs. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267254)

Goldmember 12-01-2012 02:54 PM

I hope Clark doesn't cave in to the sympathy factor and keep Pioli on board after the suicide he witnessed today. I don't think Crennel will step down after the season. Why would he pass on millions of dollars voluntarily? He saw another head coaching gig as an opportunity to set himself up for retirement.

hometeam 12-01-2012 02:54 PM

Lots of people have ****ed up lives, and still choose not to what Belcher did. And most people arent makings millions of dollars to boot.

That being said, nothing has changed about Pioli, Romeo, or Cassel, and they still all deserve to be fired.

jspchief 12-01-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief103182 (Post 9168156)
Disgusting to somehow blame Pioli for this.

The amount of stupidity I've read on this board today is stunning, even knowing full well what this place is.

lcarus 12-01-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 9168152)
Than it still falls on Pioli's "right 53" sorry but if all the stories are true around Arrowhead than being driven crazy is right on par.

Then why wouldn't he have just offed Pioli before offing himself? God knows he had the opportunity. YOu know, since it was all Pioli's fault that he went crazy and everything. :rolleyes:

Lprechaun 12-01-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9168160)
So Belcher is a murderer...he was also a teammate. How would you feel if the defense ran the first play with only 10 men on the field?

If he was the one murdered absolutely... but since he killed NO

Spott 12-01-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

How would you feel if the defense ran the first play with only 10 men on the field?

It probably wouldn't affect the way this team plays defense.

whoman69 12-01-2012 02:56 PM

There should be absolutely no connection made to the tragedy off the field to day and the tragedy that is on the field every week. Pioli needs to go. Crennel needs to go. Hunt needs to go.

Lprechaun 12-01-2012 02:57 PM

BTW, I never said Pioli was responsible, I said I felt his way of running things could have added to it. Read, dont assume.

lcarus 12-01-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

So Belcher is a murderer...he was also a teammate. How would you feel if the defense ran the first play with only 10 men on the field?

Who knows how the team will react tomorrow. It will be interesting to see.

See, I'm participating in the thread now as it was intended. Can I have my rep back eventually?

DTHOF 12-01-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief103182 (Post 9168156)
Disgusting to somehow blame Pioli for this.

Especially, if true, he was brave enough to go out and talk him out of taking his own life.

rabblerouser 12-01-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9168135)
Why? Because of Belcher?

Shit no, because of the whole thing, man.

The Haley firing was inexcusable, 4 seasons of Matt Cassel AFTER 3 seasons of Huard/Croyle/Thigpen, letting Carr walk, Larry Johnson, the list goes on and on...but the reality is that This team has fallen flat on its face ever since Clark Hunt took over, almost from the ****ing minute it happened.

I think he's a billionaire business man who doesn't care about football, the Chiefs, fheir fans or Kansas City in general.

and I think it kinda shows. Forgive me for feeling disgusted when I look through my closet and all I see are red jerseys and red/yellow hoodies.

I feel like a ****ing chump because I have nothing else to wear.

I feel like I'm a sucker who's been duped.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-01-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9168181)
Who knows how the team will react tomorrow. It will be interesting to see.

See, I'm participating in the thread now as it was intended. Can I have my rep back eventually?

Once I spread more rep... :thumb:

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9168164)
I believe that most of the reports about the culture of Arrowhead are true. I also believe that Pioli is a terrible GM and generally loathsome individual.

But he deserves zero blame or responsibility for anything that happened with Belcher today or leading up to today's events.

Agreed. Look, regardless of how good or bad it is this is something you sign up for. Being in crappy work enviornments in the NFL are expected from certain organizations. It doesn't seem like this is due to his work life, but even if it is, it's still not his bosses fault.

lcarus 12-01-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 9168179)
BTW, I never said Pioli was responsible, I said I felt his way of running things could have added to it. Read, dont assume.

I can't think of a single thing Pioli could have done while running this football team to add to the mental state of someone who shot several holes in his girlfriend and then shot one hole in his own head.

rabblerouser 12-01-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9168158)
I woke up this morning to a text from my cousin and it just said "Did you hear about Belcher?" The thought of something this horrible happening never even entered my mind. I assumed maybe he was talking about Belcher getting hurt at practice or somethin...

Right. It's bizzaro Twilight Zone shit.