ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs My final Geno thread before the draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271845)

O.city 04-07-2013 08:02 PM

So your ok with him giving 100 million dollars to a guy he doesn't think is a franchise player?

Messier 04-07-2013 08:03 PM

I think the term "franchise quarterback" is being thrown around pretty loosely. There aren't even that many in the NFL.

O.city 04-07-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9566455)
Let me pose a question?

Which usage of resources is worse?

A) spending a first, second and third round pick on a solid game managing qb AND a potential franchise quarterback prospect

Or

B) spending 2 firsts, 2 seconds AND two thirds on the offensive line...with one second and one third being backups?

As bad as the anti qb guys are some of you guys are getting close.

All those previous picks on the ol were made by the previous regime. It doesn't matter at this point if the new regime doesn't think they are good enough

BossChief 04-07-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9565497)
This.

I'm far from thrilled we spent another early R2 pick on a game manager, but I'm more concerned with the future of the QB position than the "right now."

If they feel its important to spend their first two picks on the right now and the future, I'm all for it.

Yup

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9566456)
I don't think Reid thought either Vick, or Kolb were franchise QBs.

Gave Vick 100 million and traded Kolb for a second and a first round quality corner.

He absolutely saw both as franchise guys.

O.city 04-07-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9566473)
I think the term "franchise quarterback" is being thrown around pretty loosely. There aren't even that many in the NFL.

There are quite a few franchise qbs. There aren't many elite qbs.

B14ckmon 04-07-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9566455)
Let me pose a question?

Which usage of resources is worse?

A) spending a first, second and third round pick on a solid game managing qb AND a potential franchise quarterback prospect

Or

B) spending 2 firsts, 2 seconds AND two thirds on the offensive line...with one second and one third being backups?

Does it really mater when B is the way your team is going?

milkman 04-07-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9566456)
I don't think Reid thought either Vick, or Kolb were franchise QBs.

Kolb might be a question, but like o city points out, you don't give Vick the contract he got if you don't belive him to be a franchise QB, unless you're an idiot.

Messier 04-07-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9566468)
So your ok with him giving 100 million dollars to a guy he doesn't think is a franchise player?

Vick already restructured. He's nor gonna make nearly 100 million.

Messier 04-07-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9566485)
Kolb might be a question, but like o city points out, you don't give Vick the contract he got if you don't belive him to be a franchise QB, unless you're an idiot.

I'm sure Reid was on board, but blame the GM for the amount.

O.city 04-07-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9566500)
Vick already restructured. He's nor gonna make nearly 100 million.

That's a cop out dude. Doesn't dismiss the fact that Reid gave him te contract. He wasn't restructured by Reid

Messier 04-07-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9566512)
That's a cop out dude. Doesn't dismiss the fact that Reid gave him te contract. He wasn't restructured by Reid

Does Reid handle contracts?

O.city 04-07-2013 08:18 PM

So you think Reid had nothing to do with Vick getting the deal he got?

If he didn't view his as a franchise QB, the Gm signed him to a deal of that caliber without the ok from his HC?

stonedstooge 04-07-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9566556)

If he didn't view his as a franchise QB, the Gm signed him to a deal of that caliber without the ok from his HC?

That's how I'd handle it/Pioli

Messier 04-07-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9566556)

I'm sure Reid said we need to sign Vick. I don't think he came up with amount. Reid still likes Vick. Before he restructured, I thought Vick was the frontrunner to come here. Reid had some glowing words about him.

So, yes, I'll take back Vick, Reid thought he was a franchise QB.

RealSNR 04-07-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9566430)
Geno is not a franchise QB. That's why you are not Nobody believes he's a franchise QB prospect. If they did, than he would be the first pick in the draft easily and the 1st, 3rd, 7th and 8th teams in the draft wouldn't have gotten veteran QB's.

Joeckel would be better than Albert for multiple reasons that are easily specified.

An OT is the best prospect in the draft and Dorsey is going to stick to his word and draft BPA. Idk what is so hard to understand about that?

Answer the question