ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Misc Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290020)

keg in kc 01-17-2015 05:43 PM

Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric

Figure this would have a better chance of surviving in the Media Center than on the main page, and I'll be adding youtube and podcast links from time to time as I come across them, so it fits.

This has been something that's interested me from a very young age, all aspects of mysterious stuff, whether we're talking forgotten or forbidden archeology or civilization (Atlantis, pre-colombian exploration of america, etc), unexplained events (like Tunguska in 1908, the lost Roanoke Island colony, etc), paranormal events like ghosts, the study of ESP and that sort of thing, conspiracy (ranging from JFK to stuff like the perpetration of the drug war and the infilitration of the media by US intelligence) and, of course, UFOs (which to me means "unexplained" not "extraterrestrial" but that's a whole other topic).

Anything could show up, and everybody should feel free to add whatever they like. Just try to keep it as civil and respectful as possible. This is not intended to be a DC thread; it's as much for entertainment purposes as it is to solve all the world's mysteries.

**Although if anybody posts anything from Third Phase of Moon they should probably expect me to kick them in the balls.**

Few things I like to watch or listen to in no particular order (most of this can be found on itunes as well...):

The Paracast
Binall of America
The Gralian Report
The Paranormal Report
Dark City
Radio Misterioso
Open Minds (mostly their podcast)

That's it for now, just wanted to get this started. Been thinking about doing it for a while...

Baby Lee 01-17-2015 05:53 PM

Not so much mysterious, but modern day efforts to flesh out the area around Stonehenge. Maybe It interests me as they're doing similar stuff at nearby Cahokia Mounds.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...tish-monument/

keg in kc 01-17-2015 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11274392)
Not so much mysterious, but modern day efforts to flesh out the area around Stonehenge. Maybe It interests me as they're doing similar stuff at nearby Cahokia Mounds.

That kind of stuff's perfect. Really interesting. Thanks!

keg in kc 01-17-2015 06:04 PM

I thought a couple of Steve Warner's recent Dark City shows were very interesting, although also not really in the "mystery" sphere, either.

The most recent was a show about Countess Elizabeth Bathory (15th/16th century serial killer): https://soundcloud.com/dark-weekend/professor-kim-craft

And back in December he had a show in large part about the CIA running drugs in Florida, a bit of it about a man named Barry Seal, who concidentally Tom Cruise just signed on to portray in a film called Mena: https://soundcloud.com/dark-weekend/...-to-terrorland

Baby Lee 01-17-2015 06:09 PM

Read up on the Antikythera Mechanism.

http://nypost.com/2014/11/29/antikyt...han-you-think/

Baby Lee 01-17-2015 06:11 PM

Archimedes Palimpset

http://www.archimedespalimpsest.org/...chimedes_d.pdf

kcxiv 01-17-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11274392)

i watch every documentary i can on ancient earth. stonehedge has some great theories. some saying it was first made with wood, then with stone, then some of the stone got removed, then they excavate a bigger area and found camps that were used to build the damn thing where they have found tools and cooking utensils and what not. interesting stuff.

Coochie liquor 01-17-2015 07:36 PM

I have an app for Mysterious Universe. It's cool with weekly stories added. I also love anything on The Lemp mansion and Brewery, McPike mansion in Alton IL, and a lot of the haunts in Alton as my mom grew up there. The Piasa bird story is cool too, used to go see the painting (when it was actually a painting) Nd go thru those caves in the bluffs.
Also Easter Island, and the pyramids have always intrigued me.

Bowser 01-17-2015 07:40 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4Dh2lkzkPnY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red 01-17-2015 07:45 PM

The History Channel has been doing some of these - That mountain in Colorado in which is basically a city.

Simply Red 01-17-2015 07:46 PM

Anyhow they tie that into Alien storage and all of that stuff - so it was pretty interesting.

Coochie liquor 01-17-2015 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11274539)
Anyhow they tie that into Alien storage and all of that stuff - so it was pretty interesting.

Wow. I'd like to see that. What show is that?

Simply Red 01-17-2015 07:47 PM

So Keg - share - which have you found the most interesting thus far - and believable as well... ??

Simply Red 01-17-2015 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 11274541)
Wow. I'd like to see that. What show is that?

Shit - dammit - let me research their site.

Simply Red 01-17-2015 07:50 PM

Ok CL - I maybe shouldn't have mentioned this - let me keep searching - now I'm wondering if it was the History channel.

Simply Red 01-17-2015 07:52 PM

<iframe width="480" height="320" src="http://player.history.com/pservice/embed-player/?siteId=hist&tPid=21153244" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coochie liquor 01-17-2015 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11274548)
Ok CL - I maybe shouldn't have mentioned this - let me keep searching - now I'm wondering if it was the History channel.

I just foun a couple sites talking about it. I had no idea about that. Is it the one that NORAD used to use?

Simply Red 01-17-2015 07:54 PM

anyhow they go on and on and eventually claim it is an alien storage facility - or so they think, or so it's been said. or whatever...

Simply Red 01-17-2015 07:55 PM

There are a few things that absolutely did happen around Reagan's era.

dmahurin 01-17-2015 07:56 PM

My neighbors wife is a self claimed "psychic". She claims she has helped solve 40 police cases and has written several books on ghosts, spirits, aliens, and such. She has radio show called un-x radio or something along those lines.

dmahurin 01-17-2015 08:01 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Haunted-Indepe.../dp/0557619408 this is a book she wrote about Independence being haunted. She has one thats like a ghost hunters guide or something.

Al Bundy 01-17-2015 08:07 PM

http://www.realghoststoriesonline.com/

notorious 01-17-2015 08:25 PM

I can't find anything about a city mountain in Colorado.

Blanca is by the dunes, which we go to all the time, and it supposedly has alien connections.

Dulce, in northern New Mexico, has an underground storage facility that had an alien battle. (allegedly).

rocknrolla 01-17-2015 08:29 PM

Used to listen to Coast to Coast AM when I used to work crazy shifts in the mid 2000's. Great show but commercials way too long. Jesse Venura's conspiracy theory was a great show. H2 has become the Ancient Aliens channel, used to love that show, they have just driven that into shit.

notorious 01-17-2015 08:31 PM

Mesa Verde in SW Colorado is a freaky place and it's not because of the paranormal.

The Indian population and the other residents seem like they are ready to kill each other. I did not like flying there.

notorious 01-17-2015 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 11274618)
Used to listen to Coast to Coast AM when I used to work crazy shifts in the mid 2000's. Great show but commercials way too long. Jesse Venura's conspiracy theory was a great show. H2 has become the Ancient Aliens channel, used to love that show, they have just driven that into shit.

I used to listen to CtC when I had late/early flights when I did pilot service. The ADF could pick up AM stations from all around the U.S.

Pretty cool stories along with a lot of ****ed up people. LMAO

rocknrolla 01-17-2015 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11274622)
I used to listen to CtC when I had late/early flights when I did pilot service. The ADF could pick up AM stations from all around the U.S.

Pretty cool stories along with a lot of ****ed up people. LMAO

That's what I loved about it. Is it still on? Sci-fi channel could use it for some good filler.

notorious 01-17-2015 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 11274631)
That's what I loved about it. Is it still on? Sci-fi channel could use it for some good filler.

I caught it about 3 years ago, and it's just as crazy as ever.

Simply Red 01-17-2015 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11274611)
I can't find anything about a city mountain in Colorado.

Blanca is by the dunes, which we go to all the time, and it supposedly has alien connections.

Dulce, in northern New Mexico, has an underground storage facility that had an alien battle. (allegedly).

Yeah notorious - I really shouldn't have mentioned it - remembering so little about what I saw I swear I think it was on the History channel about a week and a half ago. They talked about many topics, but mostly how the Government hide information about UFO/Alien activity etc etc.... Sorry I'm so foggy after already mentioning it - bad form here tonight...

Baby Lee 01-17-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11274553)
Beaver toothed bitch video

SR, could you give us some info on that shitty link b/c it won't play for ass.

Simply Red 01-17-2015 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11274697)
SR, could you give us some info on that shitty link b/c it won't play for ass.

It was inappropriate - it was the monkey brain scene in Faces of Death.

I apologize - that was very disrespectful.

notorious 01-17-2015 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11274646)
Yeah notorious - I really shouldn't have mentioned it - remembering so little about what I saw I swear I think it was on the History channel about a week and a half ago. They talked about many topics, but mostly how the Government hide information about UFO/Alien activity etc etc.... Sorry I'm so foggy after already mentioning it - bad form here tonight...

Damnit Simply, I love this stuff, and if you mention a city mountain in Colorado my ears perk up. :D

Valiant 01-17-2015 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 11274567)
http://www.amazon.com/Haunted-Indepe.../dp/0557619408 this is a book she wrote about Independence being haunted. She has one thats like a ghost hunters guide or something.

Man most ghost hunters are quacks or fakes. I want to believe, but so far all the video and picture evidence I have seen I can disprove. Only thing I do not know enough about are evps.. You literally have to be there to know how they were recorded or have an expert in digital recordings. It is funny, you watch videos or the tv shows, they hear something, yet their expensive equipment does not pick up on that loud sound. Then somehow they do not hear anything and then it does?? No you are hearing shit you want to hear.

Same with people that think Ouija boards work.

Valiant 01-17-2015 09:31 PM

Now my quack belief.

I believe there are ETs.. but I do not believe there are ETs around us. The odds of that are impossible. Think, if the earth is the size of a grain of sand in the universe, Other galaxies are worlds aways size wise. Somehow I am to believe they have the capability to get here to our system and then star and find our planet??

More than likely the shit we do see is not aliens but our future species traveling back. A time machine could not work like BttF. It would need to be a ship and orbital because of the space differentials we are in as the universe expands. Maybe those tall grey aliens are us from the year 6249?? And if they did **** up calculations they could crash into a planets desert.

They did not do crop circles also.

rocknrolla 01-17-2015 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 11274765)
Man most ghost hunters are quacks or fakes. I want to believe, but so far all the video and picture evidence I have seen I can disprove. Only thing I do not know enough about are evps.. You literally have to be there to know how they were recorded or have an expert in digital recordings. It is funny, you watch videos or the tv shows, they hear something, yet their expensive equipment does not pick up on that loud sound. Then somehow they do not hear anything and then it does?? No you are hearing shit you want to hear.

Same with people that think Ouija boards work.

When I was a kid, playing with a Ouija board around 3am all the balls in the pool table all started rolling, freaked the shit out of me. Have never touched one since.

notorious 01-17-2015 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 11274796)
Now my quack belief.

I believe there are ETs.. but I do not believe there are ETs around us. The odds of that are impossible. Think, if the earth is the size of a grain of sand in the universe, Other galaxies are worlds aways size wise. Somehow I am to believe they have the capability to get here to our system and then star and find our planet??

More than likely the shit we do see is not aliens but our future species traveling back. A time machine could not work like BttF. It would need to be a ship and orbital because of the space differentials we are in as the universe expands. Maybe those tall grey aliens are us from the year 6249?? And if they did **** up calculations they could crash into a planets desert.

They did not do crop circles also.

Do you believe that humanity will eventually travel light years away?

keg in kc 01-17-2015 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11274544)
So Keg - share - which have you found the most interesting thus far - and believable as well... ??

Belief is a rough thing, I'm pretty skeptical about everything. I'm mainly just looking for cool stories and ideas or concepts that I hadn't really considered before.

As far as extraterrestrials traveling here, I think in a way it's arrogant to believe that they can't simply because we can't. We're so young in terms of age of the universe. I think it's a vestige of the old earth centric view of the universe and an artifact of western religion. And I think it's entirely possible that we ourselves solve that distance problem in the next thousand years, yet still be thousands or millions or even billions of years behind other sentient species in the universe. As far as the Fermi paradox goes, maybe the signs are there and we just aren't advanced enough to see them yet. Personally I think SETI, while a romantic idea, is a bit silly with the focus on radio signals.

All that said, it doesn't mean anyone has, is or will ever visit here. But I wouldn't want to discount the possibility just because of our primitive understanding of the universe.

Same would be true for alternative ideas like time travel, or extra-dimensional beings inhabiting the same relative space, or even something as off the wall as having UFOs and ghosts being a similar phenomenon, that time is perhaps not a linear thing and we're somehow perceiving imprints of things that exist in different eras but can somehow creep into ours or exist everywhere at once.

No idea's too crazy to at least consider, although I'm a bit skeptical of the whole space brothers from zeta reticuli point of view.

And maybe it's more than one thing.

keg in kc 01-17-2015 10:43 PM

While I'm thinking about it, John Greenwald recently posted more than 100,000 pages from projects sign, grudge and blue book covering more than 10,000 UFO cases that the US military investigated between 1947 and 1969: http://projectbluebook.theblackvault.com/

rocknrolla 01-17-2015 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11275038)
Belief is a rough thing, I'm pretty skeptical about everything. I'm mainly just looking for cool stories and ideas or concepts that I hadn't really considered before.

As far as extraterrestrials traveling here, I think in a way it's arrogant to believe that they can't simply because we can't. We're so young in terms of age of the universe. I think it's a vestige of the old earth centric view of the universe and an artifact of western religion. And I think it's entirely possible that we ourselves solve that distance problem in the next thousand years, yet still be thousands or millions or even billions of years behind other sentient species in the universe. As far as the Fermi paradox goes, maybe the signs are there and we just aren't advanced enough to see them yet. Personally I think SETI, while a romantic idea, is a bit silly with the focus on radio signals.

All that said, it doesn't mean anyone has, is or will ever visit here. But I wouldn't want to discount the possibility just because of our primitive understanding of the universe.

Same would be true for alternative ideas like time travel, or extra-dimensional beings inhabiting the same relative space, or even something as off the wall as having UFOs and ghosts being a similar phenomenon, that time is perhaps not a linear thing and we're somehow perceiving imprints of things that exist in different eras but can somehow creep into ours or exist everywhere at once.

No idea's too crazy to at least consider, although I'm a bit skeptical of the whole space brothers from zeta reticuli point of view.

And maybe it's more than one thing.

REP!:hmmm:

Jerm 01-17-2015 11:40 PM

1859 Jail in Independence is legit...just left there a bit ago after partaking in some investigating, super active.

Jerm 01-17-2015 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 11274924)
When I was a kid, playing with a Ouija board around 3am all the balls in the pool table all started rolling, freaked the shit out of me. Have never touched one since.

Ouija boards are nothing to **** with.....

Valiant 01-18-2015 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11274925)
Do you believe that humanity will eventually travel light years away?

If we do not kill ourselves/planet. yes.

Maybe within the next 100 years if we quit skimping on funding. Though a lot of those first flights will be death flights.

I think we will need some sort of new take on magnetic propulsion for sustained flight in space. It would also double hopefully as some sort of shield to block small speeding shit in space and radiation.

Valiant 01-18-2015 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 11275234)
Ouija boards are nothing to **** with.....

You want to post your evidence of the jail, I would be interested in going over it.

As for the ouija, if you have so called occurrences, mind if I tag along and videotape and blindfold the users of the board?? I would love to be proven wrong, seriously I would. It would also be on tape. Could be worth a ton of money.

Generally, I am seeing people think orbs, camera straps, flash, bugs, certain camera settings and breathing is ghosts activity. Was going to go on a hunt with a so called bonafide ghost hunter in Parkville and all his past evidence. As soon as he showed me that shit, first things were orbs in the graveyard. Asshole makes 40k a year on the side doing this shit. I walked out.

I want to believe, as an adult everything I have seen can be explained. As a kid though I saw some strange shit in old part of Liberty.

Simply Red 01-18-2015 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 11275270)
You want to post your evidence of the jail, I would be interested in going over it.

As for the ouija, if you have so called occurrences, mind if I tag along and videotape and blindfold the users of the board?? I would love to be proven wrong, seriously I would. It would also be on tape. Could be worth a ton of money.

Generally, I am seeing people think orbs, camera straps, flash, bugs, certain camera settings and breathing is ghosts activity. Was going to go on a hunt with a so called bonafide ghost hunter in Parkville and all his past evidence. As soon as he showed me that shit, first things were orbs in the graveyard. Asshole makes 40k a year on the side doing this shit. I walked out.

I want to believe, as an adult everything I have seen can be explained. As a kid though I saw some strange shit in old part of Liberty.

Then you sir need to document Lobb Cemetery.

Take the trip - it's inbetween the N 7hwy side of Blue Springs and Independence line. It's documented to be haunted. I would do a thread on it where I filmed my visit - but I don't live in KC.

Simply Red 01-18-2015 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 11275228)
1859 Jail in Independence is legit...just left there a bit ago after partaking in some investigating, super active.

Are you speaking of the abandoned Insane Asylum inbetween Arrowhead working toward Raytown?

Simply Red 01-18-2015 09:01 AM

Hey Keg,

I watched the one they did on Halloween. Actually i love Halloween for some reason. I always watch a bunch of horror flicks that night on the 31st of October. But yeah - those seem good - I'll keep an eye on this thread and watch the Podcast suggestions from time-to-time.

notorious 01-18-2015 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 11275269)
If we do not kill ourselves/planet. yes.

Maybe within the next 100 years if we quit skimping on funding. Though a lot of those first flights will be death flights.

I think we will need some sort of new take on magnetic propulsion for sustained flight in space. It would also double hopefully as some sort of shield to block small speeding shit in space and radiation.

Great.

If you believe that we will eventually travel light years away, it should be easy to believe that an Alien race that has been evolving for millions, if not billions of years before us can, too!

phisherman 01-18-2015 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11275358)
Are you speaking of the abandoned Insane Asylum inbetween Arrowhead working toward Raytown?

No, he's talking about the historical jail on the Independence square.

Jerm 01-18-2015 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 11275514)
No, he's talking about the historical jail on the Independence square.

Yup this one...

Fish 01-18-2015 10:15 AM

The Voynich Manuscript has always fascinated me.

Quote:

The Voynich manuscript is an illustrated codex hand-written in an unknown writing system. The vellum in the book pages has been carbon-dated to the early 15th century (1404–1438), and may have been composed in Northern Italy during the Italian Renaissance. The manuscript is named after Wilfrid Voynich, a Polish book dealer who purchased it in 1912.

The pages of the codex are vellum. Some of the pages are missing, but about 240 remain. The text is written from left to right, and most of the pages have illustrations or diagrams.

The Voynich manuscript has been studied by many professional and amateur cryptographers, including American and British codebreakers from both World War I and World War II. No one has yet succeeded in deciphering the text, and it has become a famous case in the history of cryptography. The mystery of the meaning and origin of the manuscript has excited the popular imagination, making the manuscript the subject of novels and speculation. None of the many hypotheses proposed over the last hundred years has yet been independently verified.
http://i60.tinypic.com/2wc1dmb.jpg

Hi Res shots of the whole thing: http://brbl-dl.library.yale.edu/vufind/Record/3519597

Some of the aspects of this are pretty freaky.

Simply Red 01-18-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 11275526)
Yup this one...

oh okay - never knew of it.

Jerm 01-18-2015 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11275590)
oh okay - never knew of it.

Very old Jackson Co. jail, downtown Indep....actually a really awesome place with a shitload of history...and some ghosts lol.

Buck 01-18-2015 01:25 PM

These are good resources too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries
https://www.reddit.com/r/unexplainedphotos

Note that it's reddit, so some of the things, especially in unexplainedphotos are stupid, but still lots of good stuff.

bevischief 01-18-2015 01:55 PM

About time some of you wake up.

kcxiv 01-18-2015 02:03 PM

Quote:

lol, yeah, when they cant explain something, its has to be aliens did it!. Some of the stuff is good, but other stuff they are reaching on sooo much. That Psuedo Science at its best. There is this documentary on youtube bebunching alot of Ancient Aliens claims on youtube. its pretty hilarous...

Let me try to find the link.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/j9w-i5oZqaQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

its super long, but it does like the first 3 seasons i think.

Valiant 01-18-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11275497)
Great.

If you believe that we will eventually travel light years away, it should be easy to believe that an Alien race that has been evolving for millions, if not billions of years before us can, too!

You are missing the point of how unimaginably big the universe is. Even with them traveling faster the odds of them finding us are basically zero. Us even moving light years out is nothing.

Rausch 01-18-2015 03:19 PM

After watching the Mothman Prophecies movie again I looked in to it a bit and was far more interested by the Derenberger (Indrid Cold) story. The movie makes it seem like the two events are directly tied together but they're not.

The book (of the same name) is by far more bizarre, creepy, and details a wide variety of oddities in the area during the Mothman sightings.

The basics on his story:
http://martinjclemens.com/the-many-f...rger-incident/

An interview with the man himself the day after his sighting:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5HxY4suVjSo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Keel talks a little about it in his Mothman book:
http://forteania.blogspot.com/2014/0...drid-cold.html

A more detailed summary: http://mythbuster.hubpages.com/hub/Indrid-Cold

keg in kc 01-19-2015 03:18 AM

Quote:

I'm still a streamlink member (c2c). I'm not the biggest Noory fan but he delivers a decent show once or twice a week on average. As long as it's not some new agey consciousness crap or the near death experience stuff that bores the shit out of me. The George Knapp shows on Sundays the 2nd half of the month are always good. Tonight he had a guy talking about the Dark Net and the silk road which I enjoyed. A few days ago Noory had a guy talking about legalization of drugs and the history of the drug war including stories about the life and death of jazz great Billie Holiday that I found to be really fascinating. It's not always woowoos and whackos...

Art Bell should be back on the air in June, his Sirius non-compete is up I think. He's still hands down the best interviewer out of all of them, although I'm not sure how successful he'll be courting either guests or listeners this time.

rocknrolla 01-19-2015 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11279659)
I'm still a streamlink member (c2c). I'm not the biggest Noory fan but he delivers a decent show once or twice a week on average. As long as it's not some new agey consciousness crap or the near death experience stuff that bores the shit out of me. The George Knapp shows on Sundays the 2nd half of the month are always good. Tonight he had a guy talking about the Dark Net and the silk road which I enjoyed. A few days ago Noory had a guy talking about legalization of drugs and the history of the drug war including stories about the life and death of jazz great Billie Holiday that I found to be really fascinating. It's not always woowoos and whackos...

Art Bell should be back on the air in June, his Sirius non-compete is up I think. He's still hands down the best interviewer out of all of them, although I'm not sure how successful he'll be courting either guests or listeners this time.

I agree Art Bell is great. I started listening to it just as he was leaving full time. Then they had a couple of hours of his repeats on I think Saturdays, he is much better than Noory. I haven't heard the show in years though.

Easy 6 01-19-2015 06:22 PM

This is what I will say about ufo's, I have no less than atleast 10 experiences that I consider to absolutely be either something not of this world or dimension or glimpses of American technology far beyond what the public knows about.

One of the last ones happened in the winter of 07 in a small park outside of Riverton, Il... for the sake of brevity, this craft was absolutely no more than 50 meters from me, probably even less, I could have thrown a rock and hit it with very little effort.

It was well below treetop level and following the course of the river that ran through the park, it was black and about as wide and long as 3 full size SUV's side by side, its shape was like a semi-flattened egg with the pointier edge forward but the back end was flat.

It had two massive round lights on the flat backside, one red and one white and they were quite bright... it wafted by me as silently as a balloon would drifting on a soft breeze, about 15 mph. No sound of any kind, no humming or buzzing or anything that would accompany any known propulsion system.

Before this thing appeared on the river, I'd spent a good 10-15 minutes observing something very high up tracing impossibly huge arcs across the night sky, the distances covered in an instant were crazy, at impossible speeds changing from blue to green to purple as it went.

This was just the closest in proximity incident, but others were just as visible and incredible, one of them, my first experience, the craft was being chased by an F-16 from the nearby national guard air wing.

Why do I feel I'm a credible and qualified observer that isnt seeing little green men at every little thing, or mistaking swamp gas for alien craft?

I spent three years watching the aurora borealis, I've seen lenticular clouds and sun dogs, I've seen those huge hollywood style spotlights that wave around the sky at movie premieres bouncing off of low clouds, I've tracked the path of satellites in the night sky both with the naked eye and night vision goggles, I've seen multiple, extremely bright military flares slowly float to the ground.

I've seen the aircraft listed below do atleast some mix of the following, and in most cases I've seen them do all of these things... take off and land, standard flight, high speed dives and climbs in afterburner, firing missiles, firing cannons on strafing runs, extreme combat maneuvers, hovering, dropping flares, popping chaf, map of the earth flight etc

Apache
Blackhawk
Chinook
C-130
C-5
F-15
F-16
A-10
MIG
HIP and HIND mockups
Probably forgetting something

Point is, I've witnessed many times our state of the art aircraft in all manner of flight and do believe I know what "belongs" in our skies and what doesnt.

The fact of the matter is that I've witnessed many things that were not made by anyone on this earth, there is in fact something flying around our skies that does not come from "here"... are they from outer space or another dimension parallel to our own?

I dont know, but these days I lean towards the dimensional theory, I do not believe most, and probably all, of them to be "space brothers" interested in saving mankind from itself like one so often reads, they have done nothing to warrant such a belief.

But something very real is here, and thats fact.

Simply Red 01-19-2015 11:49 PM

I'm going to watch the podcast tonight - those guys are huge nerds - but they do a fine job - I watching the Halloween night episode here in a few moments - great to help you crash I bet too.

ThaVirus 01-20-2015 07:09 PM

Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric

I honesty have never had any sort of (perceived) supernatural experience despite being vastly interested in the matter.

........... Although there was a point in time that I believed I was a borderline precog LMAO

I've been meaning to contribute to this thread but spend basically zero time on my computer which would make my contribution more comprehensive.

I'll get around to it one of these days..

Jerm 01-20-2015 09:06 PM

Anyone else obsessed with the JFK conspiracy?

Been since I was a kid...a trip to Dealey Plaza is still on my bucket list, I'm hoping for this year.

Dayze 01-20-2015 09:12 PM

Yep. I find it extremely interesting. Regardless of theory or how much stock I put into a given theory.

Jerm 01-20-2015 09:13 PM

I wish I knew how to edit or film make....would love to make a documentary about it, got a shitload of info I just keep around lol. Talked to a lot of people too....

Baby Lee 01-20-2015 09:22 PM

If we'ere going there. . .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pFM02ItYKbY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jerm 01-20-2015 09:25 PM

The X-Files/Lone Gunmen had some crazy ish in it too pertaining to certain things....

Mojo Jojo 01-20-2015 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 11283037)
The X-Files/Lone Gunmen had some crazy ish in it too pertaining to certain things....

Lone Gunmen is one of the most under rated shows of all time...great story lines ans well produced.

Rausch 01-20-2015 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11283028)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pFM02ItYKbY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If only our WR's could stretch that far...

keg in kc 01-20-2015 10:56 PM

Quote:

The jfk symbology was weird but at least remotely plausible. The 9/11 portion of the video was batshit hilarious. LMAO

Bowser 01-20-2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

And it's all wrapped up by that kid pointing at his dick in the last movie, proving Oswald did NOT act alone.

listopencil 01-20-2015 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11274536)
The History Channel has been doing some of these - That mountain in Colorado in which is basically a city.

Mesa Verde?

listopencil 01-20-2015 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11274620)
Mesa Verde in SW Colorado is a freaky place and it's not because of the paranormal.

The Indian population and the other residents seem like they are ready to kill each other. I did not like flying there.

Yeah...don't hang out there.

Hammock Parties 01-21-2015 12:41 AM

Read this book. Some if it will make you scoff, but it's a really engrossing read, and very well researched.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Gods-Eden-.../dp/0380718073

Quote:

Human history is a seemingly endless succession of bloody conflicts and devastating turmoil. Yet, inexplicably, in the light of astonshing intellectual and technological advancement, Man's progress has been halted in one crucial area: he still indulges the primitive beast within and makes war upon his neighbors.

As a result of seven years of intense research, William Bramley has unconvered the sinister thread that links humanity's darkest events -- from the wars of the ancient pharaohs to the assissination of JFK. In this remarkable, shocking and absolutely compelling work, Bramley presents disturbing evidence of an alien presence on Earth -- extraterrestrial visitors who have conspired to dominate Humankind through violence and chaos since the beginning of time...a conspiracy which continues to this very day.

Rausch 01-21-2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11283516)
Read this book. Some if it will make you scoff, but it's a really engrossing read, and very well researched.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Gods-Eden-.../dp/0380718073

I've read similar theories but I just don't get the end game.

If they want slaves why not just take the place over? Take what they want?

If they think we could be a danger in the future why not just send an asteroid our way and not worry about us for a few thousand years?...

keg in kc 01-21-2015 11:10 PM

Hey Red, if you like the paranormal report, listen to the Gralian Report podcast. It's the same main guy (Micah Hanks) plus his brother and some other guys in the studio, along with guests. Bit funnier, bit more wide-open discussion.

Baby Lee 01-21-2015 11:16 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3tE-6TM7HTY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red 01-21-2015 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11285459)
Hey Red, if you like the paranormal report, listen to the Gralian Report podcast. It's the same main guy (Micah Hanks) plus his brother and some other guys in the studio, along with guests. Bit funnier, bit more wide-open discussion.

Micah is smart and very professional - he absolutely makes that podcast.

They're pretty nice people to just offer that up to everyone. I agree - it's great bedtime stories. ha ha - esp on a rainy or snowy night.

Simply Red 01-21-2015 11:25 PM

They both honestly Keg remind me of myself w/ how they illustrate or assemble their words, I talk somewhat like Micah in real life. I don't necessarily SOUND like Micah - however I articulate wording very similar - It often takes me several sentences to orchestrate one point, and it's not due to lack of efficiency - I make a devout effort to make certain my receiver is picking up what I'm laying down.

Simply Red 01-21-2015 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11285467)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3tE-6TM7HTY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I remember when you had that underwater avatar of that chick actress. Oh man was it HAWT!