ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Solving the Redskin Dilemma (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278162)

WhiteWhale 11-01-2013 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10145068)
Exactly. This isn't Capn Hook trying to solve a Rubik's Cube. Tell em to eat shit and let's move past this.

You realize this has been going on for over 20 years right? They've been doing the '**** them, ignore it' act for a long time.

WhiteWhale 11-01-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oh_snap (Post 10145587)
Never heard of this crap during the Bush era honestly (Srs). Back in the mid-ish 2000's when the Chiefs were fairly relevant, this talk never happened. Then Taglibue retired and that ginger headed f**k came in...then Obama was elected President..and now Politics is in my f**king sports! Tired of this shit.

LMAO

"never happened'

FRCDFED 11-01-2013 07:01 AM

Pathetic. Seems obvious that the group whining does not represent the majority opinion. Either way, this is Merica' and Snyder can do what he wants with the team name.

Changing it is obsurd. That group should spend their money on a neighborhood improvement project or open a business and get some people back to work.

The things people bitch about sometimes is unbelievable!

Dayze 11-01-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10145500)
Fedskins.

:clap:

TEX 11-01-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10146199)
Pathetic. Seems obvious that the group whining does not represent the majority opinion. Either way, this is Merica' and Snyder can do what he wants with the team name.

Changing it is obsurd. That group should spend their money on a neighborhood improvement project or open a business and get some people back to work.

The things people bitch about sometimes is unbelievable!

Exactly this!
In fact it should be copy written and distributed to all in other such instances.

TEX 11-01-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oh_snap (Post 10145587)
Never heard of this crap during the Bush era honestly (Srs). Back in the mid-ish 2000's when the Chiefs were fairly relevant, this talk never happened. Then Taglibue retired and that ginger headed f**k came in...then Obama was elected President..and now Politics is in my f**king sports! Tired of this shit.

:LOL: :clap: Can we at least refer to Obama as "Q-Tip headed" for consistency in the context of the statement? Or, is that considered racist in this day and age? Bet it is by the group who wants to change the name... :rolleyes:

Fish 11-01-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Color Red (Post 10144795)
Problem: Political correctness wants Redskins to change their name. Dan Snyder doesn't want to.

You could have just stopped there...

Besides that, the Redskins brand name is worth quite a bit.

Quote:

Forbes assigns $131 million of the Redskins’ $1.6 billion valuation to its brand strength, behind only the Cowboys and Patriots. How much of that brand strength is specifically tied up in the name? It’s impossible to say, exactly. But when you’re minting money even in down years, as the Redskins do, you don’t have much interest in trying to find out. A fresh round of merchandise sales tied to a new identity isn’t worth the risk.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomvanri...ge-their-name/

TomBarndtsTwin 11-01-2013 08:07 AM

Yeah, that'll work.

I'm sure long time Redskins fans will be fine with saying goodbye to RG3 at QB, and hello to Blaine Gabbert/Chad Henne/? for the next 10 years.

Beef Supreme 11-01-2013 08:08 AM

It's his team, he can name it whatever the **** he wants. If it starts affecting his profits, he can still name the team whatever he wants. I don't understand how anyone thinks they have the right to try and make him change it.

So you're offended, don't support them. End of story.

Otter 11-01-2013 08:10 AM

Coming from someone with nothing but the utmost respect for Native Americans and who lives with them I can assure you they don't really give a flying **** about the name of an NFL team. When they start caring I'll start listening. Can anyone here who is Native American tell me they give a ****? Because I'm 99.9% sure this is self-loathing libby bullshit. Won't hold my breath.

TEX 11-01-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10146286)
It's his team, he can name it whatever the **** he wants. If it starts affecting his profits, he can still name the team whatever he wants. I don't understand how anyone thinks they have the right to try and make him change it.

So you're offended, don't support them. End of story.

But..but...but THIS IS AMERICA DAMMIT!...Huh, wait a minute...never mind.

donkhater 11-01-2013 08:22 AM

This whole argument for changing the name has next to zero credibility.

1. If it is offensive now, it was offensive X number of years ago when the team was founded.

2. The name "Washington Redskins" is a brand. If Snyder thought he would gain a larger fanbase by changing the name, or lose a large number of fans for NOT changing the name, he'd do it in a heart beat.

3. This idea of pacifiying people who are offended by something rarely achieves anything. I doubt there has been anyone in the history of the US that has been impacted in their life because the football team in Washington DC name their club "Redskins".

This needs to be put in the trash heap of meaningless debates yesterday.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-01-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donkhater (Post 10146309)
This whole argument for changing the name has next to zero credibility.

3. This idea of pacifiying people who are offended by something rarely achieves anything. I doubt there has been anyone in the history of the US that has been impacted in their life because the football team in Washington DC name their club "Redskins".

Part of the reason that this has gotten any momentum, is the successful lobbying of the Washington Bullets to change their name, due to an alleged association with violence (which is stupid, BTW).

No, the Bullets didn't have a tenth of the name brand that the Redskins do, but one little libby victory gives them hope that more, much bigger victories will follow.

It's nothing more than a group of people looking to pat themselves on the back and say "hey, look at what we accomplished."

But they are picking a fight they have no chance of winning.

Good luck with that . . . .

Lex Luthor 11-01-2013 08:46 AM

I say change the names of ALL of the other teams to Indian names. I'd start with the Atlanta Apaches and the San Francisco Scalpers.

Strongside 11-01-2013 08:49 AM

Oh, great. This thread again.