ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs LDT gets first team reps at RG (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292951)

The Franchise 06-13-2015 11:29 AM

LDT gets first team reps at RG

www.rotoworld.com

Chiefs OL Laurent Duvernay-Tardif lined up as the first-team right guard during Wednesday's OTA practice.

The Chiefs appear to be high on their 2014 sixth-round pick. Though he was inactive every game of his rookie season, Duvernay-Tardif stuck on the roster the entire season and has earned consistent praise from coach Andy Reid. "Very strong and athletic, and he’s smart," Reid said of LDF. "It’s just a matter with him – like I mentioned back then last year – his reps. Every rep he gets better with. He's a good football player." Paul Fanaika is still the favorite to start at right guard, but Duvernay-Tardif could push him in camp.
SOURCE: CHIEFS DIGEST

Rain Man 06-13-2015 11:31 AM

What happened to Fulton in this story?

TLO 06-13-2015 11:37 AM

Dude needs a Mitch Holtus nickname.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-13-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11547178)
www.rotoworld.com

Chiefs OL Laurent Duvernay-Tardif lined up as the first-team right guard during Wednesday's OTA practice.

The Chiefs appear to be high on their 2014 sixth-round pick. Though he was inactive every game of his rookie season, Duvernay-Tardif stuck on the roster the entire season and has earned consistent praise from coach Andy Reid. "Very strong and athletic, and he’s smart," Reid said of LDF. "It’s just a matter with him – like I mentioned back then last year – his reps. Every rep he gets better with. He's a good football player." Paul Fanaika is still the favorite to start at right guard, but Duvernay-Tardif could push him in camp.
SOURCE: CHIEFS DIGEST

I doubt this is possible, given that he was killed in a drone strike, per CSPAN.

Titty Meat 06-13-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11547179)
What happened to Fulton in this story?

Fulton sucks

DaneMcCloud 06-13-2015 12:03 PM

Silly "article" and about as important as Stephenson getting first team reps a few weeks back.

That said, someone's getting the ax at right guard because they have a serious log jam at the position.

Sandy Vagina 06-13-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billay (Post 11547203)
Fulton sucks

Pretty much. He got some slack from the fans due to being a rookie thrown in.. but he was far from solid. His foot speed and overall mobility don't appear to be something that can be improved much upon. Now, if LDT shows that he can step up, his athleticism would mean that KC's misdirection runs and screen game can thrive.

OnTheWarpath15 06-13-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11547202)
I doubt this is possible, given that he was killed in a drone strike, per CSPAN.

LMAO

jonzie04 06-13-2015 12:22 PM

Nice, I'm rooting for him. He's an amazing athlete and the little I saw of him, he looked really mean.

Chief Roundup 06-13-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11547207)
Silly "article" and about as important as Stephenson getting first team reps a few weeks back.

That said, someone's getting the ax at right guard because they have a serious log jam at the position.

But we need to sign Evan Mathis....reeruns

DaFace 06-13-2015 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 11547227)
Nice, I'm rooting for him. He's an amazing athlete and the little I saw of him, he looked really mean.

Same here. It cracked me up that he was helping to deliver babies while balancing the time requirements of the draft last year. I think it'd be awesome to have a big brain on the line if he can get the technique down.

Mr. Laz 06-13-2015 12:37 PM

I hate when a team pulls the "He just needs reps ..." bullshit

You are in charge of the reps so why is that EVER a problem?

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-13-2015 12:48 PM

The Boomer Grigsby of linemen has arrived.

DaFace 06-13-2015 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11547236)

For stuff like this, reps are measured in hundreds - not one at a time. It's not a matter of having him in on every snap as much as it's a matter of him just being around long enough for things to click.

staylor26 06-13-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11547236)

:facepalm: