ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Saulbadguy 06-12-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8674166)
Agreed.

Leave HC the way it is.

I only play HC because I want that fear while I play of not wanting to die. But it does suck when you lose a guy. Have lost 3 chars.

If they'd tweek softcore to be more taxing when you die, I'd probably play that. Something where I'm really scared to die but don't have to invest 4+ hours to get back to where I was.

As I understand it and have seen it in videos, I've seen "You die. all items lose 10% durability). Something like that. I don't know if it scales. Haven't played SC enough. But that's weak.

They should add a "You lose 50% of all your gold" every time you die. Something like that. Just throwing out ideas.

They are increasing repair costs in the next patch 5 to 6 times the cost for level 60.

Sofa King 06-12-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8674166)
Agreed.

Leave HC the way it is.

I only play HC because I want that fear while I play of not wanting to die. But it does suck when you lose a guy. Have lost 3 chars.

If they'd tweek softcore to be more taxing when you die, I'd probably play that. Something where I'm really scared to die but don't have to invest 4+ hours to get back to where I was.

As I understand it and have seen it in videos, I've seen "You die. all items lose 10% durability). Something like that. I don't know if it scales. Haven't played SC enough. But that's weak.

They should add a "You lose 50% of all your gold" every time you die. Something like that. Just throwing out ideas.

Holy shit. LMAO

That'd really suck for the guys who worked their asses off to get 1 trillion gold but wouldn't be shit for guys like you who apparently have no gold.

jd1020 06-12-2012 08:33 AM

I like the 50% of all your gold when you die.

The Diablo series is already dying. Why not just put it out of its misery?

Sofa King 06-12-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8674187)
I like the 50% of all your gold when you die.

The Diablo series is already dying. Why not just put it out of its misery?

Because we're not all haters like you.

The game is shit right now but eventually they'll get the kinks worked out and it should be at least an average game. The upcoming patches are already addressing some of the bad things about the game, and pvp isn't even out yet. They're not going to kill it a month into it just because you think they should.

Imon Yourside 06-12-2012 08:55 AM

The game is fine, first banwave just happened for some botters and most of the gold dupers/scammers.

Imon Yourside 06-12-2012 08:57 AM

Tonight there been great spread about that there was a gold dupe bug, and a couple of days ago there was an item dupe. All dupe Claims have been denied by Blizzard officials. The Asia server was put completely down due to the item dupe a couple of days ago. Also there is a federal case against Blizzard in Korea of diablo 3 game refund. This definitely not making it easy for Blizzard, currently with the dupe claims, server errors, refund issues. Blizzard really is down to there knees. Lets see what will happen, maybe there will be an investigation in US. I think there is a good chance that federals in US will go into the case. There is simply to many issues. This is probably the worst launch for a Blizzard game ever, and with the float how information is spread positive or negative does not make it an easier for Blizzard. How about hire some damage control or risk managers experts Blizzard ? Was there really a gold dupe? Well blizzard total deny it, it always like that. As when sony accounts got hacked, it was the same. But seriously some dude will open a federal case it is matter of time and it will be a big loss for Blizzard. The case seems to be big loss for Blizzard no matter what. Even they did harvest a good portion of Real money gold of sales of Diablo 3, there reputation is utterly lost badly.

http://diablo3x.com/diablo-3-gold-dupe-hoax-true-false/

lolz

jd1020 06-12-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8674221)
Because we're not all haters like you.

The game is shit right now but eventually they'll get the kinks worked out and it should be at least an average game. The upcoming patches are already addressing some of the bad things about the game, and pvp isn't even out yet. They're not going to kill it a month into it just because you think they should.

You have too much faith in a lead developer who's closest experience in the ARPG realm is 2 months on WoW.

Imon Yourside 06-12-2012 09:23 AM

I hope they banned this guy

I accidently pulled this off and jacked someone's Stormshield and decided to make a trade-scam out of it and create a utility to help me do so. This method isn't really as reliable or easy to pull off as the other one I posted, but is exciting and much more faster!

Basically how this works is, in short, you cancel the trade menu when the person is dragging their item (with their left click) to the trade menu. When you cancel it, the trade menu dissapears but the item is still in their hand. Normally people click as if the trade menu was there and they drop the item. That is when you go in for the kill!

Some people, the smarter ones, use right click so the item auto-goes to trade screen. For these people, try to make up some psychological attack. Say you suspect them of scamming and think the item is fake, and make them move it around on the trade screen or some other nonsensical crap. Most people don't do it, except those who are getting an outrageous offer for their item or are very anxious. When they start moving it around, try your best to hit escape right when they lift up the item, they are almost guaranteed to drop it on the floor.

In order to increase your item pickup speed, you want to stand ONTOPOF the victim. Basically you want to click on their body and stand in the same area they are standing on.
What this does is insure you can receive the item as fast as they can, without having to walk to grab it. While standing in this position, it is next to impossible for them to grab it faster than you. (I've tested)
Pretty soon once this gets bigger (if it ever does), people are going to catch on, and you just stand right next to them so they don't get suspicious.

This is a very quick, dirty, and inefficient auto-it I managed to pull out of my ass using some random code I found online. If anybody wants to make it more advanced, user friendly version, it is definately needed! It works with pixel detection, so it may need adjusting depending on your specific video settings. But for me :

HACK NOT SPECIFIED FOR OBVIOUS REASONS

You just paste this into an .au3 . Run it, and it is running in the background. It does have lots of problems clicking on random shit in the game, especially in act 1. Instead of @Desktopwidth/hight, you can get the coordinates of where the items drop and put that for pixel search if it is giving you too many problems. I'm hoping someone can create a cleaner version of this though. It is still very possible to do this without the auto-it, because if standing on top of them, you should have the upper hand in grabbing the item before they even realize what happened.
-That or put together some item pickit codes available for D3A for a smoother/more efficient pickit.

Good luck ;)

Saulbadguy 06-12-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8674290)
I hope they banned this guy

I accidently pulled this off and jacked someone's Stormshield and decided to make a trade-scam out of it and create a utility to help me do so. This method isn't really as reliable or easy to pull off as the other one I posted, but is exciting and much more faster!

Basically how this works is, in short, you cancel the trade menu when the person is dragging their item (with their left click) to the trade menu. When you cancel it, the trade menu dissapears but the item is still in their hand. Normally people click as if the trade menu was there and they drop the item. That is when you go in for the kill!

Some people, the smarter ones, use right click so the item auto-goes to trade screen. For these people, try to make up some psychological attack. Say you suspect them of scamming and think the item is fake, and make them move it around on the trade screen or some other nonsensical crap. Most people don't do it, except those who are getting an outrageous offer for their item or are very anxious. When they start moving it around, try your best to hit escape right when they lift up the item, they are almost guaranteed to drop it on the floor.

In order to increase your item pickup speed, you want to stand ONTOPOF the victim. Basically you want to click on their body and stand in the same area they are standing on.
What this does is insure you can receive the item as fast as they can, without having to walk to grab it. While standing in this position, it is next to impossible for them to grab it faster than you. (I've tested)
Pretty soon once this gets bigger (if it ever does), people are going to catch on, and you just stand right next to them so they don't get suspicious.

This is a very quick, dirty, and inefficient auto-it I managed to pull out of my ass using some random code I found online. If anybody wants to make it more advanced, user friendly version, it is definately needed! It works with pixel detection, so it may need adjusting depending on your specific video settings. But for me :

HACK NOT SPECIFIED FOR OBVIOUS REASONS

You just paste this into an .au3 . Run it, and it is running in the background. It does have lots of problems clicking on random shit in the game, especially in act 1. Instead of @Desktopwidth/hight, you can get the coordinates of where the items drop and put that for pixel search if it is giving you too many problems. I'm hoping someone can create a cleaner version of this though. It is still very possible to do this without the auto-it, because if standing on top of them, you should have the upper hand in grabbing the item before they even realize what happened.
-That or put together some item pickit codes available for D3A for a smoother/more efficient pickit.

Good luck ;)

I used to do things like that in Ultima Online. I sold someone a bottle of beard dye (sold for a million gold), kept the beard dye context menu open in my pack, and after the transaction i'd use it on myself. It would disappear from their pack and i'd have the million gold.

Imon Yourside 06-12-2012 09:33 AM

We can always wait for this if Diablo 3 isn't doing it for you....

http://i.imgur.com/eXb6x.jpg

This is where the dogs live, get you one!

Mr. Laz 06-12-2012 09:44 AM

.... down for maintenance

*sigh*

Imon Yourside 06-12-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8674344)

*sigh*

Looks for single player offline mode, o waitz..where is that server emulator.......

Saulbadguy 06-12-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8674344)

*sigh*

Dumbass.

suds79 06-12-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8674181)
Holy shit. LMAO

That'd really suck for the guys who worked their asses off to get 1 trillion gold but wouldn't be shit for guys like you who apparently have no gold.

Don't know what's with all the venom. Dude you need to chill. Furthermore, you don't know how much $$ I have.

Now back on subject. The point was to make it so somebody is afraid to die. Naturally someone with more $$ has more to lose. If you have 10 mil or 30 G, I think you'd be pretty terrified to lose 1/2 every time you die. So in that sense, it'd work.

In retrospect, I suppose that could scale as well. The point is to get somebody afraid to die. So the penalty could be scaled.

0-500,000 = 50%
500,000-1 Mil = 30%
1 mil ..... etc. Just throwing #s out there. You get the idea.

jd1020 06-12-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8674413)
Don't know what's with all the venom. Dude you need to chill. Furthermore, you don't know how much $$ I have.

Now back on subject. The point was to make it so somebody is afraid to die. Naturally someone with more $$ has more to lose. If you have 10 mil or 30 G, I think you'd be pretty terrified to lose 1/2 every time you die. So in that sense, it'd work.

In retrospect, I suppose that could scale as well. The point is to get somebody afraid to die. So the penalty could be scaled.

0-500,000 = 50%
500,000-1 Mil = 30%
1 mil ..... etc. Just throwing #s out there. You get the idea.

Might as well just stop playing D3 if you are afraid to die because you aren't just going to die... you are going to get 1 shot hundreds of times.