ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260011)

Lzen 09-01-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 8869568)
Give it a few games, I was impressed the first few games myself, now I wish I just rented it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was replying to the statement that it is the same exact game as last year. I should know as I have been playing last year's game up until this week. Madden 2013 IS NOT the same game. I can see a lot of changes and improvements. Sure, it's not perfect and not everyone will like it. I'm enjoying it myself.

TLO 09-01-2012 07:42 AM

Hell I'm enjoying myself playing 2012 right now.

TLO 09-01-2012 07:53 AM

Do they keep the rosters updated for 2012? I just downloaded the "latest" version... and still have a bunch of shit players. Thomas Jones, Barry Richardson etc...

-King- 09-01-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 8869969)
Do they keep the rosters updated for 2012? I just downloaded the "latest" version... and still have a bunch of shit players. Thomas Jones, Barry Richardson etc...

No. Rosters are up to date as of the last week of last season.

That's why new Maddens are called glorified roster updates.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs Pantalones 09-01-2012 10:02 AM

I don't know what everyone is expecting. Flying QBs? WRs with machine guns? It's a football game. Of course it's gonna stay the same every year with a few added tweaks and modifications. It's not perfect. It's a video game. But it's not COD or Battlefield. It's not going to change much, if at all, through the years. It's supposed to be a realistic, or as close to it, NFL football game. That's why the only constant change is the roster. Love you.

Luke Warm 09-01-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8870163)
I don't know what everyone is expecting. Flying QBs? WRs with machine guns? It's a football game. Of course it's gonna stay the same every year with a few added tweaks and modifications. It's not perfect. It's a video game. But it's not COD or Battlefield. It's not going to change much, if at all, through the years. It's supposed to be a realistic, or as close to it, NFL football game. That's why the only constant change is the roster. Love you.

This x100

Lzen 09-01-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8870139)
No. Rosters are up to date as of the last week of last season.

That's why new Maddens are called glorified roster updates.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wtf? Have you even played this game? If you're on XBL, it will ask you to update rosters. I have Winston, and Hillis, Rout, etc.

Lzen 09-01-2012 12:06 PM

NM on my last post. Didn't catch that he was asking about last year's game.

barry_smilez20 09-01-2012 01:02 PM

I don't have a problem with Madden... I like the games. NCAA on the other hand...

royr17 09-01-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8869943)
I was replying to the statement that it is the same exact game as last year. I should know as I have been playing last year's game up until this week. Madden 2013 IS NOT the same game. I can see a lot of changes and improvements. Sure, it's not perfect and not everyone will like it. I'm enjoying it myself.

yea madden 13 is not the same, its better in my opinion. Played 3 games yesterday. Beat the Falcons 48-7 i believe, Broncos 37-30, and the Chargers 55-7. I like it way better than last years game.

Lzen 09-01-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17 (Post 8870603)
yea madden 13 is not the same, its better in my opinion. Played 3 games yesterday. Beat the Falcons 48-7 i believe, Broncos 37-30, and the Chargers 55-7. I like it way better than last years game.

What skill level,?

WildTurkey 09-01-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Very logical post... I agree , and the physics engine and the updated presentation make this version the best in a while... I haven't been this hooked on a football game since 2k5

jd1020 09-01-2012 06:16 PM

Onside kicks are so cheap. Was up 24-7 with 2 mins left to go. CPU scores to make it 24-14. Onside kick. Line drive right off one of my players legs and they recover. They score on some bullshit hailmary to make it 24-21. Onside kick again. Same shit... Line drive off one of my players legs and right into their lap. Awesome!

royr17 09-01-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8870733)
What skill level,?

all-pro. i upped the sub in / sub out substitutions and adjusted the penalties. toughest game i played was against denver though.

Bump 09-01-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

the thing is, they don't make an attempt to make the game better every year! The same problems are there every single year, they don't work on anything with game mechanics to make it a better sim. Plus they take away little features that you like, like being able to pick who plays for each play, stuff like that. Why remove that?