ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260011)

-King- 08-27-2012 12:24 AM

There's no way I'm getting this game at $60. Finally learned my lesson after Madden 11.

Kind of sad. Madden used to be the ONLY game I played. Now I can't play 5 minutes without getting tired of the game. I still play Madden against friends once in a while, but that's the only way the game is interesting.

Kyle DeLexus 08-27-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8856103)
There's no way I'm getting this game at $60. Finally learned my lesson after Madden 11.

Kind of sad. Madden used to be the ONLY game I played. Now I can't play 5 minutes without getting tired of the game. I still play Madden against friends once in a while, but that's the only way the game is interesting.

I got it for $45.

That was the right price in my mind.

MMXcalibur 08-27-2012 01:07 AM

I play a lot of bend, but don't break defense coupled with a ball control offense through effective passing on 3rd downs to meet the sticks. I get some normal scorelines at the end. One thing I absolutely cannot figure out is running the ball. Either my offensive line sucks, or the user controlled D-man on the opposite end is a psychic...either way, I can't seem to get more than 1-2 yards a carry. At one point, I had 15 rushes for 16 yards, with a long of 14!

Aspengc8 08-27-2012 07:59 AM

Mustered up a nice 9-0 record online over season pass. Chiefs are tough online, man to man coverage is strong this year. Chiefs O playbook is really good too.

lcarus 08-27-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 8856146)
I play a lot of bend, but don't break defense coupled with a ball control offense through effective passing on 3rd downs to meet the sticks. I get some normal scorelines at the end. One thing I absolutely cannot figure out is running the ball. Either my offensive line sucks, or the user controlled D-man on the opposite end is a psychic...either way, I can't seem to get more than 1-2 yards a carry. At one point, I had 15 rushes for 16 yards, with a long of 14!

Running against the computer or online? People seem to have trouble rushing online, but against the CPU, even on All Madden, it's a little too easy. I haven't played online in years but even then it was hard to run.

WhitiE 08-27-2012 09:10 AM

Got it coming from gamefly

Aspengc8 08-27-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8856365)
Running against the computer or online? People seem to have trouble rushing online, but against the CPU, even on All Madden, it's a little too easy. I haven't played online in years but even then it was hard to run.

Rushing online isn't hard, especially with the new play-action cancel mechanism. If they blitz on play action, press right trigger and he will flash fake and the RB will pick up the blitzer. A lot of ppl online user the FS and clean up the run, so get him to bite hard and go over the top.

I'm going to put together a list of plays in the chiefs book you guys should check out. Ace Pair Chief has become my bread and butter formation, and has a nice outside zone (stretch) and a dive where the TE does a wham block across the formation. Opens up big holes, and there is a fast play action off of it.

lcarus 08-27-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8856470)
Rushing online isn't hard, especially with the new play-action cancel mechanism. If they blitz on play action, press right trigger and he will flash fake and the RB will pick up the blitzer. A lot of ppl online user the FS and clean up the run, so get him to bite hard and go over the top.

I'm going to put together a list of plays in the chiefs book you guys should check out. Ace Pair Chief has become my bread and butter formation, and has a nice outside zone (stretch) and a dive where the TE does a wham block across the formation. Opens up big holes, and there is a fast play action off of it.

Yeah I like that play. Another one I use a lot is basic I-form, HB outside zone. Works well, easily flippable. If they seal the edge its over.

lcarus 08-27-2012 01:12 PM

By the way, why can't EA use ESPN or CBS or something for the games presentation? Why does NCAAs present as an ESPN telecast but Madden is always presented as an "EA Sports" telecast? Couldn't they use ESPN or something?

Black Bob 08-27-2012 01:15 PM

Last year, I loved the FB Fake HB Toss out of the I formation. You run a it with the FB 2 or 3 times up the middle and later you run this play. Charles can get some long TDs on this one. It should work really well if you put Hillis in at FB.

lcarus 08-27-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8856932)
Last year, I loved the FB Fake HB Toss out of the I formation. You run a it with the FB 2 or 3 times up the middle and later you run this play. Charles can get some long TDs on this one. It should work really well if you put Hillis in at FB.

That one was a crapshoot. You either run it for 50 yards or lose 5. Fun to try every once in a while though.

lcarus 08-27-2012 01:38 PM

Does anyone else not give a flying shit about "superstar mode" or whatever? I never have. I just want to play as my team and progress that team through several seasons.

QuikSsurfer 08-27-2012 01:44 PM

What are the Chiefs ratings? I can't find this information online.

lcarus 08-27-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8856984)
What are the Chiefs ratings? I can't find this information online.

The team overall rating is 79. As far as each player I don't know. Hali is a 95 overall and Cassel is an 80. Berry is an 88 I think.

CoMoChief 08-27-2012 02:59 PM

I'm a double TE motion offtackle running kinda guy.

Avg 6-7 yds a carry with it and dominate online w/ it.

Control the clock and don't let the other team score.

I play Herm Edwards football online LMAO.