ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260011)

jd1020 08-24-2012 12:51 PM

Anyone challenge a call yet?

No matter how white the grass the player is standing on when he catches the ball DO NOT CHALLENGE THE PLAY!

Maybe its been too long since I've played Madden and I'm too stupid to realize that the computer always calls those plays "correctly" but I've seen catches where the ball was going to land OB and the guy catches it but his whole foot is OB ruled a catch. If you see green grass kick up on the replay, even if it should be white, you know you are ****ed.

Wallcrawler 08-24-2012 01:41 PM

Its really sad that a PS2/XBOX title from nearly eight years ago still has more features, and better gameplay than the latest edition of Madden.

ESPN 2k football would be blowing our minds right now had EA not cornered the license.

When you challenged in ESPN, the game pulled up a laundry list of every conceivable thing you could possibly challenge to choose from.

It had penalties that Madden has yet to even TRY to implement. Illegal Contact, Defensive Holding, Illegal touching of the pass, ineligible receiver downfield, the list goes on.

Defensive coverage was amazing, and I could post hundreds of videos that compare the defensive gameplay to that of Madden and show how it doesnt even compare.

While not without its flaws and bugs, ESPN 2K5 is still a better football game than Madden 12, and the current demo of Madden 13.

If there was a way to get the current roster onto my 2K5 game with updated commentary, that would be the game I would be playing this season.

Javabean 08-24-2012 01:49 PM

The superstar mode in 2K5 was really good, too.

lcarus 08-24-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 8847920)
Its really sad that a PS2/XBOX title from nearly eight years ago still has more features, and better gameplay than the latest edition of Madden.

ESPN 2k football would be blowing our minds right now had EA not cornered the license.

When you challenged in ESPN, the game pulled up a laundry list of every conceivable thing you could possibly challenge to choose from.

It had penalties that Madden has yet to even TRY to implement. Illegal Contact, Defensive Holding, Illegal touching of the pass, ineligible receiver downfield, the list goes on.

Defensive coverage was amazing, and I could post hundreds of videos that compare the defensive gameplay to that of Madden and show how it doesnt even compare.

While not without its flaws and bugs, ESPN 2K5 is still a better football game than Madden 12, and the current demo of Madden 13.

If there was a way to get the current roster onto my 2K5 game with updated commentary, that would be the game I would be playing this season.

No doubt 2K would likely be making amazing football games now, but I don't think 2K5 was that great. I liked Madden 2005 better. It's still a shame they can't make them now. NBA 2K12 is the best sports game I've ever played. If they made NFL 2K12 and it was anything like their bball game, Madden could suck it.

GordonGekko 08-24-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 8847920)

This, definitely this.

But even is 2k could launch another NFL game, the team that made 2k5 and previous versions have all moved on to other things. 2k5 was a truly special title. If they could graphically overhaul it, it would 'smoke' Madden.

kcxiv 08-24-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 8848174)
This, definitely this.

But even is 2k could launch another NFL game, the team that made 2k5 and previous versions have all moved on to other things. 2k5 was a truly special title. If they could graphically overhaul it, it would 'smoke' Madden.

As of last year when i was in the know, most of the core programmers from their football games still work at Visual Concepts. At least from what i used to know, im not into 2K like i used to be. I mean i still have my contacts, but i dont talk to them much anymore. Im sure i could find out something if i tried.

Anyways, if they are allowed to make a new NFL game, you best believe them guys will be RIGHT back on it. The 2K studio that hosts Visual concepts, is a pretty big building and also has 2K Marin. There's alot of people in that damn building from what i know.

I guess people really enjoy working there. Mike Wang from the Basketball team left them to head over to EA to work on their basketball game and after a year, said **** this, and went back to 2K. lol They welcomed him with open arms and he's now back at his old high level job.

Kyle DeLexus 08-24-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 8847768)
Toys R US is selling this game for $44.99 if you pre order it online with free shipping

this is where I preordered from. normally I'd go to Walmart and get it on release night and take the toysrus one back to Walmart but I got burned doing that with red dead redemption.

Wallcrawler 08-24-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8847979)
No doubt 2K would likely be making amazing football games now, but I don't think 2K5 was that great. I liked Madden 2005 better. It's still a shame they can't make them now. NBA 2K12 is the best sports game I've ever played. If they made NFL 2K12 and it was anything like their bball game, Madden could suck it.

I had a couple friends that liked Madden 05 also, ESPN wasnt for everyone, but at a 19.99 pricepoint brand new, that value was unbeatable. EA knew their shit was about to get pushed in, and made the move on the license.

Unsmooth-Moment 08-24-2012 09:24 PM

At least with Madden you can draft franchise QB's.

jd1020 08-24-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 8850446)
At least with Madden you can draft franchise QB's.

Cassel can be a franchise QB in Madden. It's a game.

KCrockaholic 08-24-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8848397)
this is where I preordered from. normally I'd go to Walmart and get it on release night and take the toysrus one back to Walmart but I got burned doing that with red dead redemption.

How so?

Unsmooth-Moment 08-24-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8850455)
Cassel can be a franchise QB in Madden. It's a game.

Hasn't it always been just a game?

WhitiE 08-25-2012 11:01 AM

Not really impressed. It's different but I don't like some of the changes. What's with the side view on kickoffs? And why does the play book look like crap?

Bump 08-25-2012 12:21 PM

this looks like it's geared up to be the worst Madden to date.

It's just so depressing, I used to really enjoy playing franchise.

Kyle DeLexus 08-25-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 8850490)
How so?

Red Dead had different UPC codes for different stores so Walmart didn't have the pre-ordered Amazon game in their system.