ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Path Of Exile (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257971)

Bump 02-07-2013 08:16 PM

ya haven't had a DC in a while, glad that seems to be fixed.

Pants 02-08-2013 12:10 AM

I ****ing died at level 21 last night in the dumbest way possible. I killed one of those exploding dog mini-bosses and just stood there in a pool of fire looking through the drops. Wasn't paying any attention to my health dropping from the fire on the ground and *BAM* all of a sudden, I'm dead. I was pretty mad at myself. Oh well.

RIP Templar. Going to start a Marauder tonight.

Imon Yourside 02-08-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9386541)
I ****ing died at level 21 last night in the dumbest way possible. I killed one of those exploding dog mini-bosses and just stood there in a pool of fire looking through the drops. Wasn't paying any attention to my health dropping from the fire on the ground and *BAM* all of a sudden, I'm dead. I was pretty mad at myself. Oh well.

RIP Templar. Going to start a Marauder tonight.

Ouch, Playing hardcore eh?

Pants 02-08-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9386555)
Ouch, Playing hardcore eh?

Yeah. I really dig the sense of urgency. I'm not very excited at the prospect of higher levels based on what you said earlier. But I'll probably be bored with the game by then. And if not, I guess I'll be starting over until I do get bored or until I learn how to play.

Imon Yourside 02-08-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9386558)
Yeah. I really dig the sense of urgency. I'm not very excited at the prospect of higher levels based on what you said earlier. But I'll probably be bored with the game by then. And if not, I guess I'll be starting over until I do get bored or until I learn how to play.

I just can't get into HC, all that work goes down the drain usually via lagspike. Ughhhhhhhh.

Can anyone tell me how to use my ranged totem? Whenever it's equipped it doesn't have a skill? How do I use it?

Bump 02-08-2013 12:47 AM

you gotta build differently for hc. mass health, regen and shit

Fishpicker 02-08-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9386563)
Can anyone tell me how to use my ranged totem? Whenever it's equipped it doesn't have a skill? How do I use it?

I found one of these today. I didn't even know it existed. this one requires a link to a green socket. you put bow skills in this totem, I bet split arrow would work nice. the damage depends on the bow you have equipped when you raise the totem. If you don't have a bow equipped when you raise it, it wont do anything. you can use a wand/wand skill too.

Imon Yourside 02-08-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9386609)
I found one of these today. I didn't even know it existed. this one requires a link to a green socket. you put bow skills in this totem, I bet split arrow would work nice. the damage depends on the bow you have equipped when you raise the totem. If you don't have a bow equipped when you raise it, it wont do anything. you can use a wand/wand skill too.

Good news is I am using a badass bow, the bad news is the totem is red and my bow is all green. Eeek.

Also made it to 2nd difficulty and I'm having a hard time choosing a quest reward..I have discipline/determination Aura(how do auras work?) or flame/rejuv totems? which one should I choose?

Fishpicker 02-08-2013 01:38 AM

you don't have to put the gems in your bow. you just have to have the bow equipped when you raise the totem

Imon Yourside 02-08-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9386641)
you don't have to put the gems in your bow. you just have to have the bow equipped when you raise the totem

I have the range totem equipped in my gloves and it won't let me use the totem. The totem skill is not showing up at all, I even removed my shockwave totem and it won't show up in my skill list.

NOT sure if you saw this from my edited previous post but....

Also made it to 2nd difficulty and I'm having a hard time choosing a quest reward..I have discipline/determination Aura(how do auras work?) or flame/rejuv totems? which one should I choose?

Fishpicker 02-08-2013 10:46 AM

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Ranged_Attack_Totem

this says that poison arrow doesn't work with ranged totem. so if that's what you have linked, try another. remember that the ranged totem isn't going to show up in the skills list. instead you will see the icon of whatever skill you have linked to the totem. if you link cold shot and ranged totem, the icon will show cold shot (marked with a T)

I've never tried determination. discipline is good if you want to improve your energy shield. flame totem is is decent once you level it up 5+. rejuvenation totem is ok for melee types but you probably wont need it. the auras hold mana in reserve while they are turned on.

Mr. Laz 02-08-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9387063)
http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Ranged_Attack_Totem

this says that poison arrow doesn't work with ranged totem. so if that's what you have linked, try another. remember that the ranged totem isn't going to show up in the skills list. instead you will see the icon of whatever skill you have linked to the totem. if you link cold shot and ranged totem, the icon will show cold shot (marked with a T)

why did they have to add a range totem?

why didn't they just add range attacks to the existing skill totem?

also don't know why they wouldn't let poison arrow work

Hate all the nerfing in games

Fishpicker 02-08-2013 11:00 AM

poison arrow uses chaos damage so they don't want it to be spammed. there's just a few mobs that resist chaos damage.

Mr. Laz 02-08-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9387091)
poison arrow uses chaos damage so they don't want it to be spammed. there's just a few mobs that resist chaos damage.

sounds like the problem is with this weird Chaos damage they insist on having and not with the totem.

never understood calling it poison when it's really chaos and why Chaos damage is some special damage that you can't get resistance for

Then there is inoculation with makes you immune to chaos but reduces your life points to 1.

Now they have adding 3 nodes to the passive skills for some chaos resist

Sounds like they came up with the passive first and have just patched all the other stuff around this cool passive idea they came up with

the whole thing is weird

Bump 02-08-2013 12:09 PM

ya it really sucks late game with you have -60% chaos resists. I have a flask that comes in handy for that though.