ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bioshock takes to the skies in Bioshock Infinite (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231946)

mnchiefsguy 02-07-2014 03:25 PM

Just finished Infinite and all I can say is wow.....incredibly awesome game.

Question, since I got the game through Playstation Plus, can I still buy the DLC...or do I need to buy the game first. Does anyone know if the Playstation Plus versions of games work with separately purchased DLC?

Now I am thinking of buying the first Bioshock...which version is considered the best...PC or PS3? I noticed Steam had a Bioshock HD for 20 bucks, I will probably wait for their next big sale if the PC version is the best way to go.

The Franchise 02-07-2014 04:43 PM

Played a couple of hours of the first Bioshock. Meh.

Mother****erJones 02-07-2014 07:26 PM

This bioshock was very meh. 2 was awesome!

Mother****erJones 02-07-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 10419443)
Just finished Infinite and all I can say is wow.....incredibly awesome game.

Question, since I got the game through Playstation Plus, can I still buy the DLC...or do I need to buy the game first. Does anyone know if the Playstation Plus versions of games work with separately purchased DLC?

Now I am thinking of buying the first Bioshock...which version is considered the best...PC or PS3? I noticed Steam had a Bioshock HD for 20 bucks, I will probably wait for their next big sale if the PC version is the best way to go.

2 is my favorite bioshock. Infinite sucked IMO

mnchiefsguy 02-07-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10419797)
2 is my favorite bioshock. Infinite sucked IMO

I loved Infinite, but it is the only one I have played. Why is 2 your favorite?

Third Eye 02-07-2014 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 10419800)

For the record, 2 was universally panned and 1 is considered to be one of the benchmarks in video game storytelling. Of course everybody has their own opinions, but the aggregate would seem to indicate Bioshock >>> Infinite >>>>>>>>>>>>>Bioshock 2.

TimBone 02-08-2014 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 10419800)

Dude, go back and play the first two Bioshocks. Rapture is such a better setting than Columbia.

TimBone 02-08-2014 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 10420154)
For the record, 2 was universally panned and 1 is considered to be one of the benchmarks in video game storytelling. Of course everybody has their own opinions, but the aggregate would seem to indicate Bioshock >>> Infinite >>>>>>>>>>>>>Bioshock 2.

I've never understood the hate for Bioshock 2. Maybe it was because the storytelling in the first one was so top notch that almost anything was going to be a letdown after that.
It's funny this thread popped up tonight because I'm in the middle of going back and playing the first two. The original wins as far as storytelling, setting, and creepiness factor...but I've enjoyed the game play in part two a little more than the first.

For the record, I thought Infinite was cool, but it's such a departure from the first two that it almost made me feel like it was a different game.

Third Eye 02-08-2014 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flybone McTimmerson (Post 10420196)
I've never understood the hate for Bioshock 2. Maybe it was because the storytelling in the first one was so top notch that almost anything was going to be a letdown after that.
It's funny this thread popped up tonight because I'm in the middle of going back and playing the first two. The original wins as far as storytelling, setting, and creepiness factor...but I've enjoyed the game play in part two a little more than the first.

For the record, I thought Infinite was cool, but it's such a departure from the first two that it almost made me feel like it was a different game.

I probably judge 2 too harshly just because the original is a top 3 video game experience for me. If Infinite followed 1, I'd probably have just as low of an opinion of it. Though looking at scores, it's clear that I'm not the only one who felt let down by 2.

TimBone 02-08-2014 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 10420203)
I probably judge 2 too harshly just because the original is a top 3 video game experience for me. If Infinite followed 1, I'd probably have just as low of an opinion of it. Though looking at scores, it's clear that I'm not the only one who felt let down by 2.

Yea, you're far from the only one. Half the gamers I know despise the game. I believe you nailed the reasoning too.....it's not a bad game by any means, it just was a decent sequel to a grand slam of a game. Most gamers look at the original Bioshock the same way you do. I think part 2 was doomed from the start due to how magnificent the first game turned out.

mnchiefsguy 02-08-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

That is what I had read, so I was surprised to see someone cite 2 as their favorite. I plan on playing the other two....just keeping my eye to get them on sale for a cheap price.

DJJasonp 02-08-2014 11:24 AM

I enjoyed all three. 1 and 3 are both probably in my top 10. While yes, the settings of infinite are quite different than rapture - I felt infinite's story and character-building returned to the level of 1.

And as of last night, I have a new game in my top 5.......just finished Last of Us.

What an experience!

mnchiefsguy 02-08-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 10420425)
I enjoyed all three. 1 and 3 are both probably in my top 10. While yes, the settings of infinite are quite different than rapture - I felt infinite's story and character-building returned to the level of 1.

And as of last night, I have a new game in my top 5.......just finished Last of Us.

What an experience!

Last of Us is sitting on my shelf. Not sure if I will play that next. I have Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, Injustice, Uncharted 2 and 3 that I want to play.

I must still be on a Bioshock high...because I would probably start playing the first one if it was sitting on my shelf.

What would be a good price for the first two? I wanna say my local Wal-Mart had a 2 pack of 1 and 2 for like 20 bucks.

Fish 02-08-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Yup.

Bioshock was really incredible. I was sucked into that game hard core. Bioshock 2 was borderline turd stain. I neglected to play Infinite for a long time after being so disappointed with 2.

DJJasonp 02-09-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 10420447)
Last of Us is sitting on my shelf. Not sure if I will play that next. I have Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, Injustice, Uncharted 2 and 3 that I want to play.

I must still be on a Bioshock high...because I would probably start playing the first one if it was sitting on my shelf.

What would be a good price for the first two? I wanna say my local Wal-Mart had a 2 pack of 1 and 2 for like 20 bucks.

I think I saw that same two-pack for 20 bucks as well. a good deal.

I've never felt/cared for characters in a video game like I did in Last of Us.

Infinite was awesome, and I really liked the story and ending. But Last of Us puts you in the middle of a movie-quality experience. It was amazing.

Spoiler!