ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

KevB 02-11-2007 03:39 PM

Just upgraded to Live Gold....here's my GamerCard:

http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/chiefwildcat.png

Ceej 02-11-2007 05:36 PM

I get where you're coming from and believe me I would have felt like a complete putz had it not been plugged into the XBOX, haha. Any other viable solutions other than batteries?

The 360 made the charger I bought and their accessories usually never go bunk. Now Mad Katz is another story.

Should I just go buy another?

Ceej 02-12-2007 03:06 PM

Okay, I need some persuasion folks. I'm thinking about buying either COD3 or Rainbow 6 Vegas?

Which of the better two has the BEST ONLINE gameplay as far as versus, not co-op.

Pro's/Con's please, let the persuading begin. :)

Archie Bunker 02-12-2007 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles
Okay, I need some persuasion folks. I'm thinking about buying either COD3 or Rainbow 6 Vegas?

Which of the better two has the BEST ONLINE gameplay as far as versus, not co-op.

Pro's/Con's please, let the persuading begin. :)

I own COD3, GOW, and Rainbow 6 LV and IMO Rainbow 6 beats all 3 in terms of online play. When I first got it I hated it and swore by GOW but a month or so ago I put it back in and haven't stopped playing it since.

The guns are great, the other devices like C4, GPS, Radar Jamming, etc are a lot of fun to use. It is the most tactical online game out right. Lots of camping and stategy; if you run around like a wild man you'll die early and often.

At first it is frustrating because you have reach certain ranks to unlock some of the guns, commo, and armor but you can overcome it.

Also you can use the xbox camera to scan your face onto your soldier which adds a little extra fun to the game.

As far as negatives go, it does lock up from time to time and graphically GOW and COD3 are probably a little better.

Ceej 02-12-2007 03:33 PM

Wow, nice response. What is the max on a server on R6? 8v8?

Archie Bunker 02-12-2007 03:46 PM

Quote:

Wow, nice response. What is the max on a server on R6? 8v8?

You can play 8v8 only on a dedicated server but usually 7v7 or 6v6 is most common. Finding a dedicated server is hard since the person hosting the game can't play.

Couple of more things..

The maps are great with lots of variety and 10 new maps are about to be released. You can also choose from a bunch of different online game types.

Like I said earlier I liked GOW and COD3 better a first but once I figured everything out LV took the cake.

Ceej 02-12-2007 03:49 PM

I think I may prefer COD3 because it's not as strategy based. I'm picky. I enjoy GoW, but the maps are small and you can only play 4v4. I like more realistic shooting games - that is why I came here. To help decide.

Archie Bunker 02-12-2007 03:54 PM

Quote:

I think I may prefer COD3 because it's not as strategy based. I'm picky. I enjoy GoW, but the maps are small and you can only play 4v4. I like more realistic shooting games - that is why I came here. To help decide.

COD3 is a great game. Good maps, good guns, etc you'll enjoy it. All 3 offer something different that appeals to different types of gamers. You really can't go wrong.

El Jefe 02-12-2007 04:03 PM

spelling

archiebunker, COD3 is a must have, that game is freaking amazing and is very very fun. Buy COD3 for sure.

Archie Bunker 02-12-2007 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsfanGoLJ
archiebunker, COD3 is a must have, that game is freaking amazing and is very very fun. Buy COD3 for sure.

I like COD3 don't get me wrong. IMO all 3 games are must haves; I just prefer LV online. I like taking cover, fighting from room to room, setting C4, etc.

Ceej 02-12-2007 04:16 PM

So, is COD3 more comparable to Medal of Honor on ps2? I remember having 2v2 games with some dorm buddies @ ESU my first year in college and those were pretty fun.

I've also heard CO2>>>>CO3. Thoughts?

Archie Bunker 02-12-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

So, is COD3 more comparable to Medal of Honor on ps2? I remember having 2v2 games with some dorm buddies @ ESU my first year in college and those were pretty fun.

I've also heard CO2>>>>CO3. Thoughts?

I didn't play COD2 much online to be honest. I do like the different roles you get to chose from on COD3 online. Some examples: Medic you get a shotgun and can heal injured players, Sniper you can call in air support, Support you get a machine gun and can supply ammo to the other players and there are a few others.

htismaqe 02-14-2007 10:13 AM

PSA for all 360 Owners:

Don't buy Viva Pinata for your kids for Valentine's Day. You'll never get your XBox back.

Redrum_69 02-14-2007 10:19 AM

DOnt lie...you bought Viva Pinata for youself htismaqe

your mom is like a pinata...she loves hanging upside down on the S&M swing, while everyone below whips out their sticks one at a time and walks blindly around, she take some beating, and if you pound her hard enough she'll spill her goodies all over for everyone to get a piece.

htismaqe 02-14-2007 11:00 AM

ROFL

I just bought Fight Night Round 3 for myself and they won't let my ****ing play it...