ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football **** OFFICIAL College Football Week 13 Game Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266928)

DaKCMan AP 11-27-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9156344)
Florida vs. Kent State? :facepalm: Jesus Christ.

Actually, looking again the selection order would be:

January 2013 games: Fiesta, Sugar, Orange

So the Sugar would first take Florida for replacing Alabama or Georgia.

Then the Rose gets the Big Ten & Pac-12 Champs, the Fiesta gets the Big-XII Champ, and the Orange gets the ACC Champ.

The Fiesta would then choose Oregon.

The Sugar would likely choose the Big East Champ (Rutgers/Louisville).

The Orange would be stuck with Kent State.

Saulbadguy 11-27-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9156315)
It's pathetic that a team who lost by 33 points to Kentucky would be in the BCS.

Hell - a team that lost to 28 by Baylor may get a BCS game...

Molitoth 11-27-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

I would at least watch that game and root for Kent State.

Say a team like Oklahoma played Florida.... I would not give 2 shits about it.

At least with Kent State I could root for an underdog.

It's been fun rooting for the smaller school underdogs the last 5 years... TCU and Boise State come to mind.

BigMeatballDave 11-27-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

LMAO

LiveSteam 11-27-2012 11:31 AM

Fight ,fight,for old Kent state.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yvpJPxk73iE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Titty Meat 11-27-2012 01:39 PM

Atleast Kent State could probably beat Mizzou

Saulbadguy 11-27-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9156862)

True.

DaKCMan AP 11-27-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9156862)

I don't know - they lost to Kentucky by 33pts.

Sorter 11-27-2012 02:40 PM

ROFL Matt Millen is on ESPN talking about how Marquise Lee is the best player in the country and deserves the Heisman.

Some things never change.

Joe_Camel 11-27-2012 02:47 PM

Mark Stoops hired by Kentucky
Chris Low [ARCHIVE]

ESPN.com | November 27, 2012
Another member of the Stoops family is joining the head coaching fraternity.

Mark Stoops, who has spent the last three seasons as Florida State's defensive coordinator, agreed Tuesday to become the next head coach at Kentucky.

"I am thrilled to be named the head football coach at the University of Kentucky," Stoops said in a release. "My family and I are excited and looking forward to becoming a part of the Big Blue Nation."

Stoops, 45, replaces Joker Phillips, who was fired after guiding the Wildcats to three straight losing seasons. Kentucky went 2-10 overall this season and winless in SEC play.

"New beginnings always provide a sense of excitement," Kentucky athletic director Mitch Barnhart said. "Thats why today I'm excited for Mark Stoops and his family as they provide a new beginning for our football program, fans and players.

"Mark's passion has been evident in the way he coaches and in his love for the game of football. That passion carried over into our process and his desire to wear the blue and white. Our desire to get better defensively and continue to expand our recruiting base helped guide us to Mark. He comes from a coaching family and has been in big games and big atmospheres throughout his career."

Florida State went 10-2 this season under coach Jimbo Fisher, ranking second nationally in total defense and allowing 249.4 yards per game.

Stoops inherited a defense that ranked 108th nationally in 2009 and helped the Seminoles improve dramatically. Florida State led the ACC in seven defensive categories this season and allowed 15.1 points per game, the seventh-best mark in the country.

"I want to thank Jimbo Fisher and Florida State University for allowing me to be the defensive coordinator at Florida State," Stoops said. "It has been three of the greatest years of my life. I am grateful for the support of all Seminole fans as we focus on the ACC Championship."

"I am extremely happy for Mark and his family," Fisher said. "He has done a tremendous job for us here as a defensive coordinator and he is a vital part of our staff. I always say you want the people who work for you to advance and reach their goals and aspirations, and I couldn't be happier. He has done a super job for us, and this opportunity is well deserved."

Before his stint with the Seminoles, Stoops was the defensive coordinator at Arizona from 2004 to 2009 under brother Mike Stoops, who was ousted as the Wildcats' head coach during the 2011 season. Their older brother, Bob Stoops, is the head coach at Oklahoma.