ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs WR - Who do you keep? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348824)

Dunerdr 05-25-2023 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16958077)
With Rice here now, what does Justyn Ross bring that you don't have?

Atleast the other Ross has speed

This. But Justyn is the current love affair so it wont be seen that way.

Bowser 05-25-2023 08:36 AM

- Toney
- MVS
- Skyy
- Rice
- James
- Watson

If we carry 7 WR's and keep one of the Ross's, who gets cut from one of the other position groups?

DenverChief 05-25-2023 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 16958054)
Didn’t Watson sign a 2 year deal? No way he’s not making the roster IMO.

Yes - he is just so sneaky under the radar I forgot about him

Dunerdr 05-25-2023 08:42 AM

What if both ross just share one jersey and swap out behind the gatorade cooler?

DenverChief 05-25-2023 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 16958038)
No way they give up on Skyy yet.

I'll go with cut one of the Ross just to clean up the confusion.

It's an either or option.

The Franchise 05-25-2023 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16958077)
With Rice here now, what does Justyn Ross bring that you don't have?

Atleast the other Ross has speed

If he's healthy and actually looks competent? Another talented WR to add to the WR room. Why did people want Hyatt when we already have MVS?

If Ross shows that he's at least good at what he does, then it doesn't hurt this team to have another option along with Rice.

Shields68 05-25-2023 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16958097)
- Toney
- MVS
- Skyy
- Rice
- James
- Watson

If we carry 7 WR's and keep one of the Ross's, who gets cut from one of the other position groups?

These things seem to work themselves out. Someone will get hurt and go on the IR. If not all of those guys are pretty established. If one or both of the Ross's is better in the preseason it is also pretty easy to deal one of those guys. Probably James or Watson, not like those contracts had a lot of years nor were over priced.

Chiefs also seem to open up a roster spot by not carrying a fullback and plan on using TE's for those play packages.

Mecca 05-25-2023 09:04 AM

I think Justyn Ross has about a .5% chance of making the team, he probably sits on the PS for a year and gets another look next year after MVS is gone.

John Ross has about a 5% chance of making the team and the only reason I give him that is because his one skill is something the rest of the guys don't have, pure elite, world class speed.

And for the money thing this team ate money last year to cut Jermaine Carter after signing him.

DenverChief 05-25-2023 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16958097)
- Toney
- MVS
- Skyy
- Rice
- James
- Watson

It would either be RB or TE

The Franchise 05-25-2023 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 16958154)
It would either be RB or TE

We're not keeping a FB, so we've got an extra roster spot to work with.

Shields68 05-25-2023 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16958149)
I think Justyn Ross has about a .5% chance of making the team, he probably sits on the PS for a year and gets another look next year after MVS is gone.

John Ross has about a 5% chance of making the team and the only reason I give him that is because his one skill is something the rest of the guys don't have, pure elite, world class speed.

And for the money thing this team ate money last year to cut Jermaine Carter after signing him.

The big question is if they do anything in preseason will they be able to stash them on the practice squad. Lot of rebuilding teams that should be looking to take a shot with young talented guys.

Bowser 05-25-2023 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16958159)
We're not keeping a FB, so we've got an extra roster spot to work with.

This makes me happy. I like Burton and didn't necessarily want to see him gone, but I never understood why they didn't use Blake Bell in that role. We use him for QB sneaks, we could use him as a lead blocker for the RBs (not that we did that much outside of that throwback sweep play in the Superbowl, but you get what I'm saying).

With this news, I'd say Justyn Ross likely has an early hold on the #7 spot. I'm assuming he'd be a better special teams player than John Ross, though.

Mecca 05-25-2023 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shields68 (Post 16958160)
The big question is if they do anything in preseason will they be able to stash them on the practice squad. Lot of rebuilding teams that should be looking to take a shot with young talented guys.

If you don't see Justyn Ross in PS games that'd be why...a guy like John Ross is well known around the league and honestly no one is running to steal him.

O.city 05-25-2023 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16958127)
If he's healthy and actually looks competent? Another talented WR to add to the WR room. Why did people want Hyatt when we already have MVS?

If Ross shows that he's at least good at what he does, then it doesn't hurt this team to have another option along with Rice.

MVS is in his last year though and will need replaced.

Rice kinda makes Ross redundant unless he's just too good to let go.

Mecca 05-25-2023 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16958177)
MVS is in his last year though and will need replaced.

Rice kinda makes Ross redundant unless he's just too good to let go.

Ross is 6'4 Rice is 6' I'd like to think they aren't exactly the same thing.