ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Flanagan:McCluster could be Andy Reid’s secret weapon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271813)

OnTheWarpath15 04-07-2013 03:09 PM

Dammit. Beat me to it.

SAUTO 04-07-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9565544)
Dammit. Beat me to it.

LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 04-07-2013 03:19 PM

Thomas Jones made more big plays for this team. Seriously.

OnTheWarpath15 04-07-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9565590)
Thomas Jones made more big plays for this team. Seriously.

Holy Christ.

This is actually true.

mcaj22 04-07-2013 03:29 PM

you guys do realize that Andy Reid's offense is not some end all be all scheme that will polish a turd or save a player

yes it is infinity times better than Brian Daboll or Todd Haley

but it also never turned average talent into good talent based on scheme. Andy's offense always had/has GOOD PLAYERS. It takes a good player to make Andy's offense go

Not the other way around. This scheme is not saving marginal, average or borderline busts and making them good overnight. The scheme is going to put guys like Bowe and Charles over the hump from great to elite status. You are going to get the same from McCluster and Baldwin

you can't fix crap, and crap doesnt fix itself

MeatRock 04-07-2013 03:46 PM

The only way Dex scores a TD is if the defense forgets about him.

chiefzilla1501 04-07-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9565436)
I'd like to know what you consider flashes of intriguing moments.

He's been used in every damn way imaginable over 3 years, one of which under Weis - so I'm not sure what people expect him to magically turn into under Reid.

Dexter McCluster's upside is operating in space. He is too small to play in traffic. I was most intrigued with how he played with Orton. Orton, unlike Cassel, spread the field out and knew how to find secondary options and hit them in stride. Cassel didn't do those things.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantas...ter-49-yd-pass
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...s-the-end-zone
The biggest thing to note in those videos is how much more spread out the field looks because Orton actually forced defenses to honor the pass.

He actually hasn't been bad at RB, other than not holding on to the ball. He's been a disaster as a receiver and returner, and some of that could be because of comfort level. I want to see him coached as a receiver (not a RB, like Haley did in 2011), I want an offense that spreads the defense out, and I want a QB who can at least find the second option and hit him in stride. So no, I don't agree that we've necessarily seen exactly who he is. But yeah, this is his absolute last chance to prove it.

Hammock Parties 04-07-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Orton, unlike Cassel, spread the field out and knew how to find secondary options and hit them in stride.
None of that benefited McCluster.

He never played WR with Orton.

chiefzilla1501 04-07-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9565781)
None of that benefited McCluster.

He never played WR with Orton.

He had 10 receptions with Orton in 3 games, for 125 yards. He was a receiving option for sure. He rushed for 110 yards. That's 235 yards under Orton in 3 games. 210 in the final 2 games alone.

He wasn't miraculous under Orton. But we saw a hell of a lot more flashes from him than we saw in 2 years with Cassel.

Hammock Parties 04-07-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9565793)
He had 10 receptions with Orton in 3 games, for 125 yards. He was a receiving option for sure.

And all of that was out of the backfield.

49 of which came on one screen pass.

Another 21 of which came on a pass where the defender fell down.

You're reaching.

milkman 04-07-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9565779)
Dexter McCluster's upside is operating in space. He is too small to play in traffic. I was most intrigued with how he played with Orton. Orton, unlike Cassel, spread the field out and knew how to find secondary options and hit them in stride. Cassel didn't do those things.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantas...ter-49-yd-pass
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...s-the-end-zone
The biggest thing to note in those videos is how much more spread out the field looks because Orton actually forced defenses to honor the pass.

He actually hasn't been bad at RB, other than not holding on to the ball. He's been a disaster as a receiver and returner, and some of that could be because of comfort level. I want to see him coached as a receiver (not a RB, like Haley did in 2011), I want an offense that spreads the defense out, and I want a QB who can at least find the second option and hit him in stride. So no, I don't agree that we've necessarily seen exactly who he is. But yeah, this is his absolute last chance to prove it.

Poorly executed defense in those videos.

McCluster did absolutely jack to support your stupid ****ing arguments.

chiefzilla1501 04-07-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9565801)
And all of that was out of the backfield.

49 of which came on one screen pass.

Another 21 of which came on a pass where the defender fell down.

You're reaching.

You're reaching when you try to act like yardage on a screen play is not yardage earned. Or that we should erase big plays from a yardage total.

235 yards in 3 games is pretty good. 210 yards in 2 games is very good. Even with the plays that didn't conveniently fit your definition of a real play, he ended up with 140 yards in the last 2 games. It's not great, I'm just saying that's at least flashing.

Hammock Parties 04-07-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9565812)
You're reaching when you try to act like yardage on a screen play is not yardage earned. Or that we should erase big plays from a yardage total.

235 yards in 3 games is pretty good. 210 yards in 2 games is very good. Even with the plays that didn't conveniently fit your definition of a real play, he ended up with 140 yards in the last 2 games. It's not great, I'm just saying that's at least flashing.

That's great, is he playing RB ever again? No. Now GTFO.

BossChief 04-07-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9563707)
Just found out John Dorsey will be speaking to the media on April 19th. We should know who we are drafting on that day.

ROFL

chiefzilla1501 04-07-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9565815)
That's great, is he playing RB ever again? No. Now GTFO.

Yes, he will. He is going to be playing the same role as you saw in Weis' offense. I can guarantee he'll get looks at RB, as a motion option in the backfield, or as a slot receiver. He has not been bad, by the way, as a running back other than fumble issues. He has been terrible as a receiver and returner (and as I've said... if he doesn't develop as a receiver, I don't think there's any use for him).