ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Flanagan:McCluster could be Andy Reid’s secret weapon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271813)

MeatRock 04-06-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9563633)
I am hoping for an upside because Andy Reid has plans for him, and I don't take that endorsement lightly. I also didn't like the decision to make him a RB in 2011 (and every offensive player gets a pass for 2012 under Daboll).

I recognize his limitations. He'll probably never be great. But I don't see why he can't be a contributing 800+ yard guy again, which isn't going to light the world on fire, but it's decent enough.

Because i would rather see Charles, Bowe and Avery get those yards. They can actually score TD's.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-06-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9563537)
Wes Welker ran a 4.65 (just re-looked it up). He weighed in at 186 lbs.

His speed score, then, was 80.

He ran a 4.61, FWIW, and speed scores are used on RBs.

That said, Wes Welker is actually a receiver. Dexter McCluster is Kimble Anders with AIDS.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9563650)
Dexter McCluster is Kimble Anders with AIDS.

ROFL

Kimble Aiders

Bump 04-07-2013 12:02 AM

Kimble Anders would shit on Dexter McCluster

Ming the Merciless 04-07-2013 12:11 AM

there was actually a time the words kimble anders vibrated off of my tongue with excitement

as opposed to bitter disappointment, rage , and bitter visions of double digit losses of the mcluster era

penbrook 04-07-2013 12:21 AM

Just found out John Dorsey will be speaking to the media on April 19th. We should know who we are drafting on that day.

Mother****erJones 04-07-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9563707)
Just found out John Dorsey will be speaking to the media on April 19th. We should know who we are drafting on that day.

He's not disclosing that. He's gona wait til the final minutes on draft day.

penbrook 04-07-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9563711)
He's not disclosing that. He's gona wait til the final minutes on draft day.

He said they will know who there drafting 4 days before draft day. That would put it at April 21. We should have a clear idea.

chiefzilla1501 04-07-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9563650)
He ran a 4.61, FWIW, and speed scores are used on RBs.

That said, Wes Welker is actually a receiver. Dexter McCluster is Kimble Anders with AIDS.

Im not the one who brought up speed scores, and I don't think there's anyone who thinks that mcclusters value was to play RB.

What I am pointing out is that people are pointing to his 40 time to suggest he is slow. Wes welkers 40 time was disastrously bad for a receiver, especially an undersized receiver. There were more than a few scouts and analysts who were puzzled by mcclusters 40 time because they said he looks very fast on tape. Frankly, I don't know how anyone can look at any of his highlights and suggest that he's slow. The only people I. The entire world who believes he is slow are chiefs fans who were unhappy with the pick. Let's be real about that.

bevischief 04-07-2013 08:27 AM

hobbits.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-07-2013 10:27 AM

Let all the butthurt out

Ming the Merciless 04-07-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9561786)
When used CORRECTLY, McCluster is an excellent weapon.

bull

****ing

shit

guy cant reutrn kicks...&.gets ****ing CAUGHT FROM BEHIND when he manages to get open space

too small to really run anything other than gadget and trick plays consistently

too small to block, so when brought in the opponent practically knows the ball will go to him or be a pass play or some kind of bs trick play

not good enough to be an every down slot receiver every time we use 3+ WR

i just dont see how you can make that statement since we mainly need him to do return work, and the rest of those things....

chiefzilla1501 04-07-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9564748)
bull

****ing

shit

guy cant reutrn kicks...&.gets ****ing CAUGHT FROM BEHIND when he manages to get open space

too small to really run anything other than gadget and trick plays consistently

too small to block, so when brought in the opponent practically knows the ball will go to him or be a pass play or some kind of bs trick play

not good enough to be an every down slot receiver every time we use 3+ WR

i just dont see how you can make that statement since we mainly need him to do return work, and the rest of those things....

Where is this supposed long line of evidence that McCluster when running at full speed trailed by a defender (that doesn't have a good angle from the beginning) consistently gets caught? Because Clay said it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW54LVaBykg

If used correctly, like he was used in Weis' system, he isn't a slot receiver as much as he is a hybrid. He provides better value than a pure slot receiver because he has ability to motion in as a ball carrier, and more value than a 2nd back because he has ability to motion into the slot. He has to improve as a slot receiver to do that. But there is absolutely a place for him if he does.

Hammock Parties 04-07-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9564823)
Where is this supposed long line of evidence that McCluster when running at full speed trailed by a defender (that doesn't have a good angle from the beginning) consistently gets caught? Because Clay said it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW54LVaBykg

If used correctly, like he was used in Weis' system, he isn't a slot receiver as much as he is a hybrid. He provides better value than a pure slot receiver because he has ability to motion in as a ball carrier, and more value than a 2nd back because he has ability to motion into the slot. He has to improve as a slot receiver to do that. But there is absolutely a place for him if he does.

You're making this too complicated.

It doesn't matter if you think he's fast or quick or good at handjobs or flipping burgers or whatever.

The simple fact: he doesn't make plays. He doesn't contribute to winning football.

When he gets the ball, 9 times outta 10...no one gives a shit.

Mother****erJones 04-07-2013 01:41 PM

McCluster isn't a weapon. Charles and Bowe are weapons. Not McMidget.