ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Better Call Saul (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277119)

BigRedChief 10-12-2018 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad (Post 13808000)
will she even be in season 5? I get that she's a good actor and the character is well-received, but she should be done, IMO.

Yep. She must leave now. To be true to the way she has played her all during the show, she would obviously leave.

That said, they could just skip the time of her leaving and then Saul promising to change and taking him back. They spent a year brushing their teeth in a mirror. This would be easier.

lcarus 10-12-2018 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 13807964)
Kim's gonna dump Jimmy like a sack of potatoes now.

Good. If I was Jimmy I'd be deathly tired of her judging looks and grumpy bitch attitude.

DJ's left nut 10-12-2018 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13808804)
Yep. She must leave now. To be true to the way she has played her all during the show, she would obviously leave.

That said, they could just skip the time of her leaving and then Saul promising to change and taking him back. They spent a year brushing their teeth in a mirror. This would be easier.

The problem is, from a showrunner's perspective, Rhea Seehorn has KILLED it.

Pure story arc? Yeah, she's probably unnecessary at this point. Then again, Michael McKean was spectacular as well and when his arc was over, he was pretty much out. Regardless of how badly the writers would've like to have kept McKean the actor involved in the show, there was just nothing left for him to do from a story standpoint.

Kim's reached a similar phase. There's a little meat left on the bones there but she's largely done anything they need her to do if they're trying to tell the story of Saul. As badly as they'd like to keep Seehorn the actress around, they'd need to be unnecessary elongating a story arc to do it.

Zebedee DuBois 10-12-2018 10:25 AM

She will be there next season. The story needs to put a one or two more nails in Jimmy McGill's coffin. They brought back Chuck for the season finale to provide more story context, and I am sure that Kim's role will be more substantial, although diminishing.

Excellent acting by all, and the detailed story writing is so amazing.

sedated 10-12-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13809111)
There's a little meat left on the bones there but she's largely done anything they need her to do if they're trying to tell the story of Saul. As badly as they'd like to keep Seehorn the actress around, they'd need to be unnecessary elongating a story arc to do it.

If BCS has a jump from pre-BB to post-BB like the Omaha Gene scenes have hinted at, then it's likely Kim will continue to be a major part.

Sure-Oz 10-13-2018 03:46 PM

That was a great episode. Wow. I still hope we see post bb Jimmy and how that ends. Assume Kim is out sometime next season. Mike's scene ...damn

Demonpenz 10-13-2018 04:04 PM

gg

1 Attachment(s)
g

BWillie 10-13-2018 04:24 PM

Perhaps Kim has enough - moves back to Omaha - which is one of the reasons Saul "flees" there.

sedated 10-15-2018 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13811077)
Perhaps Kim has enough - moves back to Omaha - which is one of the reasons Saul "flees" there.

Welcome to 2 seasons ago.

Molitoth 10-19-2018 03:41 PM

So when BCS is done and this conversation happens...

Person #1 "I need a show to watch on Netflex, I've always heard Breaking Bad is a great show... I should watch it!"

do we respond?
As Person #2 "You should really start with Better Call Saul, and THEN watch Breaking Bad."

Buehler445 10-20-2018 12:07 AM

I don’t think so. Most ****ers would say shits boring if they haven’t experienced the payoff.

Baby Lee 10-21-2018 06:02 PM

<iframe width="950" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GnEQJsJOJP8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buehler445 10-22-2018 06:35 PM

Good watch. I’m sure every montage has aspects I missed but that one at the last episode about brushing their teeth was downright amazing.

Pitt Gorilla 10-24-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13832545)
<iframe width="950" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GnEQJsJOJP8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah, but, it's too boring/slow.

-King- 11-13-2018 04:34 AM

Welp...guess I gotta wait another year for the next season smh. Watched season 4 in 2and a half days. I absolutely hate waiting a week in between shows so I waited till the season ended to binge it. Still a great show.
Posted via Mobile Device