ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs You've just been named NFL commissioner (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287046)

The Franchise 09-30-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10963458)
New Divisions:

NFC WEST
SEATTLE
SAN FRAN
SAN DIEGO
OAKLAND

AFC WEST
ARIZONA
ST. LOUIS
DENVER
KC

There is no penalty for excessive celebration.

The Draft will be held over two days - Rounds 1-2 on Saturday. Rounds 3-7 on Sunday.

We will offer options on commentary. You can listen to the regular broadcast as well as a broadcast with no commentary (there will be intermittent ads on this broadcast).

The Pro Bowl will be eliminated. We'll just release the names of the guys who were selected to the pro bowl. We'll have a skills competition in Hawaii AFTER the super bowl.

No more of this ridiculous illegal hands to the face nonsense.

No more of this ridiculous "hitting the QB in the head" nonsense.

No more of this ridiculous "hitting the QB in the knees" nonsense.

I've have the first day of the draft be rounds 1-3 and then 4-7 on the 2nd day.

cosmo20002 09-30-2014 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10963462)
Bull
****ing
shit

Tagliabue wasn't a shill for the owners. And many of those ideas were undoubtedly Goodell's sold in to owners.

You're nuts. Who do you think hires the commissioner?
They aren't hiring someone to come in with free rein to **** with their billion-dollar businesses.

You're thinking back to old-time baseball when, after the 1919 World Series scandal, they hired a truly independent commissioner to help weed out corruption in the game. Since then, they have had less and less control until they just went ahead and hired an actual owner to be in charge (Bud Selig).

Football is no different. They hire a commissioner to represent the owners/the league. He's not out acting on his own. You think he just sends out a memo, "Dear owners, Today I decided to change the following rules..."

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-30-2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lahey (Post 10963434)
Negate every move Goodell has made during his tenure. Then ban that ****er for life.

This.

And, I invoke the "Spirit of 76" doctrine:

If it wasn't a rule in 1976, it ain't a rule today.

RealSNR 09-30-2014 03:52 PM

Make Peyton eat a dog turd

Retract the Broncos

Buehler445 09-30-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10963498)
Make Peyton eat a dog turd

Retract the Broncos

Indy too, or you're fired.

RunKC 09-30-2014 03:55 PM

Move The Raiders. They are an awful franchise

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10963485)
You're nuts. Who do you think hires the commissioner?
They aren't hiring someone to come in with free rein to **** with their billion-dollar businesses.

Paul Tagliabue didn't have nearly the same track record of consistent dumbassery. It's called leadership.

Quote:

You're thinking back to old-time baseball when, after the 1919 World Series scandal, they hired a truly independent commissioner to help weed out corruption in the game. Since then, they have had less and less control until they just went ahead and hired an actual owner to be in charge (Bud Selig).
We're not talking about corruption. We're talking about the poorly implemented, terrible rules that have the fingerprints of a guy who loves chasing after shiny objects with no planning.

Quote:

Football is no different. They hire a commissioner to represent the owners/the league. He's not out acting on his own. You think he just sends out a memo, "Dear owners, Today I decided to change the following rules..."
It was Goodell who walked in with the clear agenda to police personal conduct from day 1. I am sure most things in the Goodell era were sold in by telling owners it was a new way to make money. I am sure owners don't give a shit about personal conduct and TD celebrations to nearly the extent Goodell did. I'm sure this talk about expanding draft days, Thursday night football, etc... were cooked in Goodell's brain then sold in to the owners. The sloppy execution, from the inconsistent enforcement of personal conduct all the way to the **** up that led to the draft getting pushed back... that's Goodell

So yes, Goodell is a marketing guy and all his ideas seem to have the same marketing spin. I am sure an NFL commissioner who sets the vision to return the integrity of the game while still making money for owners would also be successful without running the game into the ground the way Goodell is.

GoChargers 09-30-2014 04:18 PM

- Super Bowls won via cheating are vacated
- Defense is allowed back into the game
- Younger refs who actually can keep up with the game
- No more Thursday night games

BigMeatballDave 09-30-2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lahey (Post 10963434)
Negate every move Goodell has made during his tenure. Then ban that ****er for life.

:rolleyes::facepalm:

displacedinMN 09-30-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10963510)
Move The Raiders. They are an awful franchise

Order a sale of the Raiders franchise. Maybe they would be better than a JH football team and be competitive.

OK, maybe not

Discuss Thrower 09-30-2014 04:27 PM

Offensive holding is five yards and loss of down.

BigMeatballDave 09-30-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 10963435)
Look for new helmet designs/cancel the sweetheart deal Riddel has w/ NFL.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...2013-14-season

MagicHef 09-30-2014 04:27 PM

I never understood the push for celebration penalties. Is there a reason the players shouldn't be allowed to celebrate after a TD?

MagicHef 09-30-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10963577)
Offensive holding is five yards and loss of down.

I do think that either more offensive penalties should include a loss of down, or automatic first downs should be eliminated.

Buehler445 09-30-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10963582)
I never understood the push for celebration penalties. Is there a reason the players shouldn't be allowed to celebrate after a TD?

TO
Chad Johnson

Got stupid about it.