ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Budapest, Prague, Berlin - who's been and has suggestions for things to see/do? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317528)

Shag 09-17-2018 09:17 PM

Budapest, Prague, Berlin - who's been and has suggestions for things to see/do?

Flying to Europe for a work trip in a couple weeks, and extending out for some personal travel. Hitting Budapest, Prague, and Berlin - all new cities for me, so looking for suggestions on things to see/do. I'll be traveling solo, not huge into museums, but enjoy music, architecture, beer, art, outdoorsy stuff, history, etc.

Anyone have suggestions?

Simply Red 09-17-2018 09:19 PM

whores

lewdog 09-17-2018 09:20 PM

Bang in every sacred place.

RealSNR 09-17-2018 09:22 PM

You have to check out the old town of Buda. It's absolutely gorgeous and well-preserved without being too gimmicky or touristy.

carcosa 09-17-2018 09:33 PM

I haven't been to any of those places, sorry

Oz_Chief 09-17-2018 09:52 PM

I visited Budapest in 2001. I visited Berlin in 2015. I think both are must see.

Budapest was unreal. You will love it if you like food, architecture, and history. Did you know there is a statue to Anonymous? I ate like a king in that city. The only negative was that I felt guilty because everything was so cheap. Maybe that has changed over the last 15+ years. I don't remember the names of any places but my friends and I just wandered around and had a blast. Maybe another time I can tell you a funny story about the bath house on "Ladies Day".

I have a German friend/colleague that says Madrid and Berlin are the two cities an Earthling would show an alien interested in the pinnacle of European cities. I don't know about Madrid but he may be right about Berlin. It is intriguing as **** but in a very subtle way - it's easy to get distracted by the big tourist spots. But it covers the whole spectrum. On one hand is the huge architectural expressions of Hitler-era Germany. One the other hand you have a community committed to having at least one tree on every street. It's a shame you don't like museums because there is a whole island of them near Gendarmenmarkt. My wife and I had a blast drinking beer and listening to buskers in Monbijoupark near there.

We were only there a few days and were pretty much focused on the Berlin Museum of Medical History at the Charite because I work in microbiology. I highly recommend their small museum if you have any interest in medical history.

Hope that helps!

P.S. - Mahomes.

Eleazar 09-17-2018 10:52 PM

Prague Castle, walk through old town Prague, have some absinthe

BigRedChief 09-17-2018 11:27 PM

My info is 30 years old but Prague was very hedonistic at that time.

scho63 09-18-2018 01:18 AM

I once dated a girl from Czechoslovakia, I fell in love, took her home to meet my folks but my folks said they don't accept Czechs.

I had to break it off. Cash only.......