ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Take your child to work day (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307385)

Sorce 04-27-2017 11:54 AM

Take your child to work day

Does your work do this? Do you participate?

I dread this day every year, hard to concentrate with little people running around making noise. Then the parents who bring their kids are pretty much just trying to entertain their kids and not actually working.

Am I just a cranky person who dislikes other people's kids or am I justified to be annoyed. Also will Roger Goodell be bringing his kids to work tonight?

notorious 04-27-2017 11:55 AM

I take my 5 year old to work every once in a while.

He either produces or he gets the belt.

Pennywise 04-27-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12841914)

Well in his defense, 5 years old is a bit young to be laying wood.

Rooster 04-27-2017 11:59 AM

I have heard of it but never worked anywhere that actually did it.

Couch-Potato 04-27-2017 12:00 PM

Don't.

Dayze 04-27-2017 12:01 PM

wife wife took my niece to her work one time for this deal a year or so ago when she was like 10 (my niece, not my wife)

my wife put her to work all day; filing stuff, making labels for folders, printing and making binders, organizing a supply closet, etc. my nice was like "man...work is not fun at all" LMAO

when the take your kid to work came up the next year, my nice was like "no thanks, i'd rather just go to school" lol.

SAUTO 04-27-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12841914)

Mine's not quite 5 yet but he comes for at least a couple hours every morning. Then he hitches a ride to day care when I go on a test drive. (Day care is two blocks away lol) and there is always something cool to drive.

notorious 04-27-2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12841943)
Mine's not quite 5 yet but he comes for at least a couple hours every morning. Then he hitches a ride to day care when I go on a test drive. (Day care is two blocks away lol) and there is always something cool to drive.

Nothing is cooler than the little guy getting to hang out out with his dad at work.

ChiTown 04-27-2017 12:07 PM

Not a cranky ****er at all, but having a day where everyone brings their kid to work is just plain stupid, imo. You might as well just call it a vacation day, and I'll just stay home.

MahiMike 04-27-2017 12:10 PM

I'm WFH today. I'll have him look over my shoulder.

The Franchise 04-27-2017 12:10 PM

We don't have that at my office. All the people I work with are all too old to have kids and I'm not bringing mine into work with me.

Trivers 04-27-2017 12:15 PM

We do it all the time. I want their children to see what their parents do.

More important, I want the daughters to see what MOM does so they have different roles models than shown on TV.

We have a room set aside as a play room with couches, tables, TV and XBox. Keeps them out of our hair...92% of the time. :)

Sorce 04-27-2017 12:19 PM

And now there's crying... headphone time.

ChiTown 04-27-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivers (Post 12841978)
We do it all the time. I want their children to see what their parents do.

More important, I want the daughters to see what MOM does so they have different roles models than shown on TV.

We have a room set aside as a play room with couches, tables, TV and XBox. Keeps them out of our hair...92% of the time. :)

https://media0.giphy.com/media/CDJo4EgHwbaPS/giphy.gif

You want them to see what Mom does so they have a good, positive role model, so you keep them in a room 92% of the time with a TV and an XBox?

Lzen 04-27-2017 12:20 PM

I have done that. They used to do it every year but anymore they might do it every other year. Brought my boys to work with me on that day a couple of times when they were young. They are both adults and out on their own now. My 15 year old daughter still asks me about it every year. They do have an age limit. This may be her last year.

My organization really does it up. We spend half the day going on tours to different sites within the organization. Some demonstrations are actually pretty cool. The other half of the day my kid just hangs with me at the lab while I do my work. Even with other kids around it's not that bad. In my line of work we are kind of used to giving occasional tours anyway.