ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297754)

Easy 6 12-08-2017 08:47 PM

Going IMAX next Saturday, can't wait

DaneMcCloud 12-08-2017 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13270506)
Going IMAX next Saturday, can't wait

Thursday night at Arclight, Saturday at AMC Burbank 16, Tuesday at IMAX Universal.

:D

I'll see it even more during the holiday break if it's as good as expected.

Bowser 12-08-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13270511)
Thursday night at Arclight, Saturday at AMC Burbank 16, Tuesday at IMAX Universal.

Pace yourself for ****'s sake!

Bowser 12-08-2017 08:56 PM

I have a conundrum. My daughter and I always watch Star Wars together, but she is going to be out of town next weekend, and my work schedule is so crazy this time of year that I won't have time to catch it during the week. So my options are to see it this coming weekend without her, or wait until the following weekend to go with her and try and avoid ALL interaction with the internet as to not get spoiled. I don't know what to do, lol.

SAUTO 12-08-2017 09:12 PM

See it twice and act like its your first time

DaneMcCloud 12-08-2017 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13270519)
Pace yourself for ****'s sake!

Hey man, every other day is a good pace

If it's completely and utterly bad ass, I'll see it on Friday the 15th, too. :)

DaneMcCloud 12-08-2017 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13270526)
I have a conundrum. My daughter and I always watch Star Wars together, but she is going to be out of town next weekend, and my work schedule is so crazy this time of year that I won't have time to catch it during the week. So my options are to see it this coming weekend without her, or wait until the following weekend to go with her and try and avoid ALL interaction with the internet as to not get spoiled. I don't know what to do, lol.

Go by yourself, just don't tell her you've seen it without her or what to expect.

My 5 year old doesn't know I'm taking the 9 year old on Thursday night.

She thinks we're seeing it for the first time on Saturday.

DaneMcCloud 12-09-2017 12:45 AM

Watched Rogue One again tonight.

It’s still the best Star Wars movie, IMO.

Man, I hope VIII delivers.

Easy 6 12-09-2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13270511)

Hate to admit it, but this will be my first IMAX experience... yet what better movie to pop that cherry with?

Color me stoked

Red Brooklyn 12-09-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13270775)

I've never liked you more, Dane.

Hammock Parties 12-09-2017 01:56 PM

what the hell is wrong with disney? that shot of rey with kylo's saber is a major spoiler

Bowser 12-09-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13271280)
what the hell is wrong with disney? that shot of rey with kylo's saber is a major spoiler

Yeah, that was my reaction as well. Took it just a step too far.

Bowser 12-09-2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13270559)
Go by yourself, just don't tell her you've seen it without her or what to expect.

You are one filthy enabler, McCloud. Seeing it 9am on the 16th in an AMC Dolby theater. I'm forwarding all guilt I feel about it to your inbox so you can deal with it. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13270775)

I'm with you. For me, Rogue One is easily as good as Empire, and maybe even better than RotJ. Just a fantastic movie, and the battle in the third act is as good as any put out in all the movies combined.

DaneMcCloud 12-09-2017 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13271563)
You are one filthy enabler, McCloud. Seeing it 9am on the 16th in an AMC Dolby theater. I'm forwarding all guilt I feel about it to your inbox so you can deal with it. :D

LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13271563)
I'm with you. For me, Rogue One is easily as good as Empire, and maybe even better than RotJ. Just a fantastic movie, and the battle in the third act is as good as any put out in all the movies combined.

Yeah man, it's awesome. SUCH a great movie, regardless of whether or not it's a Star Wars film.

DaneMcCloud 12-09-2017 07:29 PM

Serious Question:

I'm seeing the film Thursday night at 9pm PST. There might be one or two others seeing it Thursday night as well.

This is a spoiler thread but I'm sure those of us that see it the first or second day will want to discuss the film.

Do those of us use the Spoiler Tags?

I don't want to ruin the film for anyone but just as with Rogue One and The Force Awakens, I'll be amped up when I return home at 12am-ish and will want to spill out my thoughts.