ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late Night Bullshit: Leon Sandcastle jokes aren't funny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270007)

RealSNR 02-14-2013 01:07 AM

Late Night Bullshit: Leon Sandcastle jokes aren't funny

When I first saw that Super Bowl commercial it got one chuckle out of me. Two at the max. And that's mostly because I was laughing that they included the Chiefs in a Super Bowl commercial.

The joke has no premise and doesn't make any sense.

1. Deion Sanders is older than Methuselah. How the **** is he running that fast in the commercials?

2. A draft prospect from unknown origins who wows scouts at the combine usually only gets him considered in the middle rounds. #1 overall?

3. When was the last CB taken #1 overall? With rookie Deion Sanders' physical abilities or otherwise? Let alone a 73-year old Deion Sanders, which is what teams would be getting in this Leon Sandcastle scenario.

The humor of it all is a play on Deion's name. That's it. That's the entire joke's premise. Leon Sandcastle. Ha. Funny for a commercial, sure.

Since then it's been joked about in all media forms, especially in KC circles. TV, radio, internet. BJ Kissel actually did a deadpan preview on Leon Sandcastle in his SB Nation video. What the ****, BJ? You're better than this, dude.

It's been a number of days since the Super Bowl. Leon Sandcastle jokes haven't died down, but they stopped being funny a long time ago. This is the kind of brainless diarrhea that gets passed as mainstream humor in American society today. People who think Leon Sandcastle jokes are still funny are responsible for Two Broke Girls and Seth MacFarlane's 86th cartoon spinoff on TV. Keep chuckling at this garbage like a bunch of shit-chucking apes and it's Idiocracy before you ****ing know it.

DaneMcCloud 02-14-2013 01:11 AM

Seriously, you need to get laid.

Hire a hooker, go to a strip joint, go to www.myfreecams.com and pick a Romanian slut to cam-to-cam.

Just ****ing stop.

Sofa King 02-14-2013 01:12 AM

If you have to go through this much effort to tear apart a joke, then that joke was clearly not for you. Time to move on.

RealSNR 02-14-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9401826)
Seriously, you need to get laid.

Hire a hooker, go to a strip joint, go to www.myfreecams.com and pick a Romanian slut to cam-to-cam.

Just ****ing stop.

I'm married.

Third Eye 02-14-2013 01:30 AM

Outside of Chiefs fans, I'm pretty sure the rest of the world has already forgot Leon Sandcastle.

KCrockaholic 02-14-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 9401841)
Outside of Chiefs fans, I'm pretty sure the rest of the world has already forgot Leon Sandcastle.

Idk, I see it everywhere still.

Third Eye 02-14-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9401843)
Idk, I see it everywhere still.

Granted, the only TV I watch is through my DVR, so I miss all the commercials. I do listen to a considerable amount of sports talk though, and I haven't heard it mentioned once.

KCrockaholic 02-14-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 9401848)
Granted, the only TV I watch is through my DVR, so I miss all the commercials. I do listen to a considerable amount of sports talk though, and I haven't heard it mentioned once.

I'm just talking about fan chatter. The commercial itself I haven't seen since the 3rd.

Bump 02-14-2013 01:47 AM

I just dont like the Castle, Cassel thing. It sounds too much like Matt Cassel and thats bad mojo for Geno.

Chiefs=Champions 02-14-2013 02:08 AM

i saw it and face palmed. maybe im just a little bitter..

SPchief 02-14-2013 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9401833)
I'm married.

I fail to see how this changes things from Dane's suggestion.

Psyko Tek 02-14-2013 02:16 AM

Quote:

I'm married.

so you REALLY need to get laid

DaneMcCloud 02-14-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

I'm married.

That's no excuse

:p

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-14-2013 03:14 AM

my final thought was that we already experienced a castle made of sand.
Posted via Mobile Device

007 02-14-2013 03:53 AM

Who gives a crap? It was funny then and still funny now.