ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** Official Kansas State vs Kansas Game Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271209)

Lzen 03-16-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9506999)

ROFL

Silock 03-16-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9507150)
How was I wrong about Perry again? He and Tharpe have had two of the 5 worst shooting seasons ever in the 10 years of Bill Self. I'm glad he's started to realize he can't drive to the basket at this level. His game IQ has started to really come around the last 2 weeks. Hopefully it continues, but he has had a very bad year statistically.

Did you seriously just ask how you were wrong about Ellis? SERIOUSLY?

Raiderhater 03-16-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9507293)
I get it, but those were also with an unbalanced schedule. There's a reason that rule exists. It should be abolished now.

Here we go with the scheduling again....

Lzen 03-16-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9507160)
Gonzaga is legit this year.

Even if KU leapfrogs Indiana, I still believe Gonzaga is the #1 overall.

They are good but I don't buy the number 1 over all seed. Their SOS is way below all the other top teams.

Ceej 03-16-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9507335)
They are good but I don't buy the number 1 over all seed. Their SOS is way below all the other top teams.

Probably just got trumped by Louisville.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-16-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9507335)

They've played crap, 12 or so of the teams they've beaten aren't even in the top 150.

Lzen 03-16-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 9507280)
Oh I know that the Tourney championship has no bearing on the season championship. But today was about somewhat of a rubber match game as you're going to get.

Rubber match? I always thought that was when two teams were playing a third and deciding game after splitting the first two. That was obviously not the case here.

Prison Bitch 03-16-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9507293)
I get it, but those were also with an unbalanced schedule. There's a reason that rule exists. It should be abolished now.

Wrong, like usual. There are 18 games by which to decide a league champion. If two teams end up with the same record, they deserve to share the title. It really doesn't matter who won head to head (which is accounted for in seeding for the tourney already), it's total games won. They didn't lose at Waco or at Ft Worth so they share the title.

Two years ago we beat Texas by 1 game when they won the only matchup with us in Allen. We won two games they didn't. Who cares? It's about the most total wins. This year the most total wins was tied.

Silock 03-16-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9507369)
Wrong, like usual. There are 18 games by which to decide a league champion. If two teams end up with the same record, they deserve to share the title. It really doesn't matter who won head to head (which is accounted for in seeding for the tourney already), it's total games won. They didn't lose at Waco or at Ft Worth so they share the title.

Two years ago we beat Texas by 1 game when they won the only matchup with us in Allen. We won two games they didn't. Who cares? It's about the most total wins. This year the most total wins was tied.

Wrong like usual? LOL You! Haha! You ****ing guy, you! ROFL

I'd be fine with a split title if the series were split, but not when the other team gets swept. The point is to find out who is the best over a longer term. Getting swept means you weren't as good as the other team, even if you won the same amount of games.

Lzen 03-16-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9507369)

You obviously don't understand. Yes, there are 18 games to decide and each team plays on each others' home courts. But that was not the case until this year (or was it last year?) with all the musical chairs with teams in the Big 12 leaving and new ones coming in. Previously, there were only 16 games and 2 divisions. They played everyone in their own division twice but only once for each team in the other division.

The point is that now that every team plays every other team home and away, there should be no tie break. Previously, you could make the argument that it wasn't fair since teams didn't always play each other twice. Other sports leagues use this kind of tie break (i.e. the NFL division tie breaker). One could make the argument that they could do away with shared titles by using a tie breaker.

I'm not saying that KSU did not deserve their share. KU had their chances to win it outright and lost games they should have (Baylor, TCU). The current rules say that there is a shared title so that's where we are. No reason to argue it. And I'm not necessarily saying that I am for changing that rule. I'm just saying one could make the argument for it.

cardken2 03-16-2013 10:11 PM

Louisville Bitches!
Kansas can't hang with the Cardinals .

Imon Yourside 03-16-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardken2 (Post 9507555)
Louisville Bitches!
Kansas can't hang with the Cardinals .

LMAO Rustshack? is that you?

Prison Bitch 03-16-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9507404)
You obviously don't understand. Yes, there are 18 games to decide and each team plays on each others' home courts. But that was not the case until this year (or was it last year?) with all the musical chairs with teams in the Big 12 leaving and new ones coming in. Previously, there were only 16 games and 2 divisions. They played everyone in their own division twice but only once for each team in the other division.

The point is that now that every team plays every other team home and away, there should be no tie break. Previously, you could make the argument that it wasn't fair since teams didn't always play each other twice. Other sports leagues use this kind of tie break (i.e. the NFL division tie breaker). One could make the argument that they could do away with shared titles by using a tie breaker.

I'm not saying that KSU did not deserve their share. KU had their chances to win it outright and lost games they should have (Baylor, TCU). The current rules say that there is a shared title so that's where we are. No reason to argue it. And I'm not necessarily saying that I am for changing that rule. I'm just saying one could make the argument for it.

I'm sorry, but what is your point exactly here?

Chiefs Pantalones 03-17-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9507562)
LMAO Rustshack? is that you?

We would eat Siva up and spit him out all in the first half.

CoMoChief 03-17-2013 12:48 AM

There should only be a tie if the ranked teams 1 and 2 split the reg season matcup series.

JMO.

But it is what it is...maybe the B12 will look into that rule after this season. The win today almost makes their share seem like a moral victory IMO.