ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs are taking Geno #1; bank on it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270750)

Hootie 03-05-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9467083)
I still think that they're going do everything they can to trade down. I'm just not going to close my eyes, put my fingers in my ears and refuse to believe that they won't draft a QB at 1.1.

EDIT: I'm not saying that you are....BTW.

to me, it is absolutely trade down or bust because I've already come to the realization Geno isn't going #1...

of course, the Eric Berry year EVERYONE had us taking Okung until draft day when people started saying, 'meh, maybe Berry after all!' and when it happened it was COMPLETE AWESOMENESS/BEST FEELING EVER!

so as of now I refuse to believe we're taking QB at #1 after the Smith trade...but if it happens, and the scenario I just posted is the master plan...then it'll be the Eric Berry pick all over again times a trillion.

Cannibal 03-05-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9466957)
Then why would he need to waste a #1 overall pick on a backup when he can draft one either in the later rounds, or draft one next year, or the year after?

If signs a decent free agent CB and DL, he will have the luxury of using the # 1 for Geno because we'll have no more gaping holes to fill.

The rest of the draft will be used to add a WR and depth at other positions.

Bowser 03-05-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 9467078)
There were people ready to storm Arrowhead with torches and pitchforks if they "wasted" the #1 pick on a quarterback before the Alex Smith trade.

If they took a QB with that pick now, the KC area would suffer an epidemic of family annihilator killings, with mom and the kids dead in their beds and dad's body seated in his worn out easychair with the big framed poster of Marty Schottenheimer behind him.

Damn you Darwin!

Dixie Land 03-05-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9467056)
Newsflash: Alex Smith will not be starting by week 16

THIS he takes sacks like fat old ladies taking farter starters...concussion , injuries...benchings....gotta gotta have a good young backup..

The Franchise 03-05-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9467132)
to me, it is absolutely trade down or bust because I've already come to the realization Geno isn't going #1...

of course, the Eric Berry year EVERYONE had us taking Okung until draft day when people started saying, 'meh, maybe Berry after all!' and when it happened it was COMPLETE AWESOMENESS/BEST FEELING EVER!

so as of now I refuse to believe we're taking QB at #1 after the Smith trade...but if it happens, and the scenario I just posted is the master plan...then it'll be the Eric Berry pick all over again times a trillion.

I wouldn't be surprised if they trade down and still grab a QB.

Maybe the Eagles want to trade up and grab a LT or maybe they want to trade up for Geno Smith. So we trade down to #4.....get a 2nd round pick.....and we take Barkley at #4.

Nobody knows what the **** they're going to do right now.

Fat Elvis 03-05-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9467130)
I just said trade back.

And pick who?

L.A. Chieffan 03-05-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9467144)
And pick who?

Whoever they want. The question was, what do they do with 1.1?

BigRock 03-05-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9467105)
No, it wouldn't. If they took a QB....this fanbase would defer to Andy Reid and John Dorsey and claim that they know what they're doing.....like they do with every pick the Chiefs make.

There are legions of people opposed to taking a quarterback. They've spent the last week celebrating their righteous victory and ordering Alex Smith fatheads. There are plenty who would just fall in line, but those aren't the ones who've spent the last two months drawing lines in the sand.

Fat Elvis 03-05-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9467161)
Whoever they want. The question was, what do they do with 1.1?

Way to stretch there.

I called Dontari Poe. I now call the Chiefs take whoever they want. LISTEN TO ME!

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 12:42 PM

There is nothing worse than the casual NFL fan.

The Rick 03-05-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9466877)
The day we signed Alex I said there was a 50-50 chance we drafted Geno or another QB and everyone was up in arms and convinced it would he Joekel. My how quick people here change.

Same here!

ceebz 03-05-2013 12:44 PM

lol, I can't believe people actually think after what they gave up for Smith, the Chiefs are gonna spend their first pick on another QB.

The Chiefs made a commitment to Smith, just like Pioli made a commitment to Cassel when he was brought in.

Alex Smith is our unquestioned starting QB in 2013, 2014 and probably 2015. Enjoy!

Imon Yourside 03-05-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebz (Post 9467182)
lol, I can't believe people actually think after what they gave up for Smith, the Chiefs are gonna spend their first pick on another QB.

The Chiefs made a commitment to Smith, just like ***** made a commitment to Cassel when he was brought in.

Alex Smith is our unquestioned starting QB in 2013, 2014 and probably 2015. Enjoy!

Cry me a geno, you and blackbob should get a room. WE ARE TAKING GENO #1!! GTFOVERIT!

L.A. Chieffan 03-05-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9467175)
Way to stretch there.

I called Dontari Poe. I now call the Chiefs take whoever they want. LISTEN TO ME!

Dont be jealous bro, we all cant be perfect

melbar 03-05-2013 12:56 PM

Funny/ironic sidenote:
Thumbing through Lindys draft analysis of Geno-

NFL comparison:

Alex Smith...with a more accurate deep ball. lol