ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs are taking Geno #1; bank on it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270750)

keg in kc 03-05-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

As far as the draft goes, im not buying the "depth 2-whatever" argument. If there are no great players are the top, then there are no great player at the mid-bottom.
I apologize for saying this, but I can't think of any other response: that's just a ludicrous way of looking at the draft.

ModSocks 03-05-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9467638)
If the raiduhs take Joeckel at #3 while Floyd and Lotulelei are still available they deserve to be demoted to a defunct NFL Europe team. Both Kelly and Seymour have been almost as big a disappointment as Jamarcus Russell.

Star has a heart condition, so it's not like the guy is a lock for the top 5, hell maybe not even top 10.

ModSocks 03-05-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9467647)
I apologize for saying this, but I can't think of any other response: that's just a ludicrous way of looking at the draft.

The best players go early, do they not?

The draft thins out as it goes on.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9467629)
I'm not going to be screaming "bloody murder" if the Chiefs don't draft Geno. I've stated repeatedly that it's an outside chance. My argument is that it is in fact, still a chance, and that chance increased with the tagging of Albert.

Im well aware that Geno isn't likely, but what irritates me is when people claim that A LT is MORE likely.

They have also discussed moving Branden Albert over and while he has stated he wouldn't want to do so, especially since he would likely make less money, I would believe that to be more likely than drafting Smith at #1.

The Franchise 03-05-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9467650)
They have also discussed moving Branden Albert over and while he has stated he wouldn't want to do so, especially since he would likely make less money, I would believe that to be more likely than drafting Smith at #1.

The Chiefs haven't talked about moving Albert.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9467648)
Star has a heart condition, so it's not like the guy is a lock for the top 5, hell maybe not even top 10.

Thus the reason I included Sharrif Floyd in my statement

ModSocks 03-05-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9467650)

Who has discussed this? Over where? You think they Tagged Albert as a LT and will be paying him a LT salary so he can play guard? Mmm....nah i don't think so.

Are they going to move him to RT to replace a top 10 guy that they just signed last season?

yeah, not buying that one either.

Fish 03-05-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9467607)
There's a couple of things that you are forgetting. One, they have the first pick and everyone is behind them. Two, a deal for that pick would likely be done in advance.

"Likely"?

How many times has the #1 overall pick been traded before draft day?

The Franchise 03-05-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9467658)
"Likely"?

How many times has the #1 overall pick been traded before draft day?

Shit...how many times has the #1 pick been traded period.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9467652)
The Chiefs haven't talked about moving Albert.

Actually, that is a horrible rash assumption. I am sure it has been mulled as almost every source that has interviewed Albert has asked him about potentially moving to right guard which he vehemently denies will happen but has never stated has not been discussed by the franchise.

The franchise tag reduces the chances of drafting Luke, but I would still say is more likely than Smith.

ModSocks 03-05-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9467665)
Actually, that is a horrible rash assumption. I am sure it has been mulled as almost every source that has interviewed Albert has asked him about potentially moving to right guard which he vehemently denies will happen but has never stated has not been discussed by the franchise.

The franchise tag reduces the chances of drafting Luke, but I would still say is more likely than Smith.

You don't franchise a guy at a LT's salary and play him at guard.

You don't franchise a guy who you don't believe is a legit LT.

You have to read between the lines here.

When you put a Franchise tag on your LT, that means you believe he's a Franchise LT.

Pretty clear imo.

When Albert responds to people regarding the switch to Guard, he could very well be simply responding to the fans/media who incessantly label him a guard even though he's proven that he's a top 10 LT.

If the Chiefs thought he was a guard, they wouldn't have tagged him.

HolyHat 03-05-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9466816)
The Chiefs are taking Geno #1; bank on it .

I want to cuddle you so hard right now over this post. +1

Mr. Laz 03-05-2013 03:48 PM

I still believe there is a chance the Chiefs could take Geno. It depends on the compensation that the Chiefs have agreed to with the 49ers.

If it's truly this year's 2nd+ then i doubt it because they have decided that Alex Smith is the guy. An extension will be coming along with trade. If it's a swap of 2nd or something less then they could very well trade for Alex and draft Geno as a QBoTF.

Alex Smith will NOT be happy if the Chiefs draft a guy in the top 3 rounds though.

The Franchise 03-05-2013 03:50 PM

Why the **** would Alex Smith get an extension?

He's only played a full season twice in his entire career.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9467707)
I still believe there is a chance the Chiefs could take Geno. It depends on the compensation that the Chiefs have agreed to with the 49ers.

If it's truly this year's 2nd+ then i doubt it because they have decided that Alex Smith is the guy. An extension will be coming along with trade. If it's a swap of 2nd or something less then they could very well trade for Alex and draft Geno as a QBoTF.

Alex Smith will NOT be happy if the Chiefs draft a guy in the top 3 rounds though.

Especially since he opted out of SFO for that exact reason and possibility.