ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ***OFFICIAL Rank the Safeties Of This Year's Draft Class*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279373)

Dante84 12-10-2013 04:58 PM

***OFFICIAL Rank the Safeties Of This Year's Draft Class***

Well, do it.

Bewbies 12-11-2013 12:00 AM

Haha.

Direckshun 12-11-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 10267514)
Haha.

This is serious business.

Saccopoo 12-11-2013 01:29 AM

Ha-Ha Dix and a bunch of guys.

Not a very good safety class at all.

BryanBusby 12-11-2013 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10267583)
Ha-Ha Dix and a bunch of guys.

Not a very good safety class at all.

Pretty much this. I'd guess we're going to see teams converting corners over to safety in this draft.

The Franchise 12-11-2013 10:59 AM

Dion Bailey from USC isn't too bad. He's not a 1st rounder though.

Bewbies 12-12-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10267577)
This is serious business.

I was starting the rankings! :)

Sandy Vagina 12-12-2013 08:42 AM

1. Ha-Ha Clinton Dix (1st rd)
2. Ed Reynolds (2nd rd)
3. Deone Buchannon (2nd rd)
4. Craig Loston (3rd rd)
5. Ahmad Dixon (3rd rd)
6. Terrence Brooks (4th rd)
7. Kenny Ladler (4th rd)
8. Nickoe Whitley (5th rd)
9. Tre Boston (5th rd)
10. CJ Barnett (5th rd)

hitchief 12-18-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 10266520)
Well, do it.

Not gonna take a FS in the draft cause there wont be one worth it where we pick.

We go after Jarius Byrd in FA.

Gonna have some space once all the other FA's we have leave.

McBeard 01-03-2014 08:03 AM

Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville is my favorite. He was a junior and has just declared for the draft. I like him better than Ha Ha and think he could really move up boards. I remember seeing Dorsey on the field before Louisville played Rutgers. Pryor had 14 tackles and a pick in that game. If he runs a good forty his stock could sky rocket. Keep an eye on this guy.

McBeard 01-06-2014 08:51 PM

Bruglar, CBS draft guru, has Pryor going 29th to Denver in today's new mock. I guess the secret is out. It doesn't surprise me. If he runs fast I think he'll go in the first.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

Here's some game film if you haven't seen him and want to check him out.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/calv...-rutgers-2013/

Direckshun 01-06-2014 09:04 PM

I like almost none of them.

To name recent examples, I was watching some tape on Tre Boston, Nickoe Whitley, and Terrance Brooks, and just hated all of them.

None of them look like they can cover, all look slow as shit, and none can tackle.

OldSchool 01-06-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10351893)
I like almost none of them.

To name recent examples, I was watching some tape on Tre Boston, Nickoe Whitley, and Terrance Brooks, and just hated all of them.

None of them look like they can cover, all look slow as shit, and none can tackle.

This. It would be better to invest in a DE who can generate pressure than to spend the pick on a safety that would be no better than Lewis, Demps, and company.

McBeard 01-06-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10351960)
This. It would be better to invest in a DE who can generate pressure than to spend the pick on a safety that would be no better than Lewis, Demps, and company.

Rookie D-linemen rarely do anything. Dorsey, Jackson, and Poe were all pretty quiet. I don't think you can count on a rookie d-linemen to generate pressure. It is pretty rare and there is a big learning curve on the line. I guess it all depends on what you think our chances are next year? If you consider KC's window to be open, I'm not sure you look for a starting d-linemen early in the draft. Maybe you take one and sign a guy like Keisel to groom him? I just hope we don't count on a draft pick to start at DE week one. I don't think it will help us.

OldSchool 01-06-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBeard (Post 10352058)
Rookie D-linemen rarely do anything. Dorsey, Jackson, and Poe were all pretty quiet. I don't think you can count on a rookie d-linemen to generate pressure. It is pretty rare and there is a big learning curve on the line. I guess it all depends on what you think our chances are next year? If you consider KC's window to be open, I'm not sure you look for a starting d-linemen early in the draft. Maybe you take one and sign a guy like Keisel to groom him? I just hope we don't count on a draft pick to start at DE week one. I don't think it will help us.

Ideally, we sign Byrd to play safety. However, I don't think it will be very healthy for the team, cap-wise, to do that. That means you either bet on improvements inhouse from Cummings or Abdullah taking over from Kendricks, or you look to the draft which doesn't seem to have any impact players at the S position this year. Everything I watched on all of the top safety prospects left me unimpressed, they all looked like second round or later picks. Outside of signing a proven vet like Byrd, it's hard to see anyone else being a sure bet to step in and, at the very least, provide solid play at that position.

As far as drafting a DL player goes, it is a move towards the future as I doubt that Jackson is going to be coming back on a reasonable deal and Devito generates some push but is not athletic enough to actually get to the QB. IMO, Poe was often nullified by multiple blockers on passing plays and the player lining up next to him, whether it be Jackson, Devito, or one of the rotational players, was rarely ever good enough to win their 1 on 1 match up. As the year went on, Hali's age began to show and his effort plays weren't working anymore. He doesn't have the speed to really threaten on the outside but wins with technique and effort instead. Taking a 3-4 DE who can pass rush or a conversion 3-4 Pass Rushing OLB would be the smarter thing to do if we were to go with a defensive player as the first pick in the draft.

That being said, a top WR to stretch the field/make plays after the catch, or the top receiving TE in the draft is where I would go. The answer may be inhouse for the TE position as Kelce has yet to see the field, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to bring in a guy like Ebron or Seferian-Jenkins into the mix.