ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs You scared? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267541)

niblet 12-10-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9197156)
I actually checked the date of the post, because I assumed it was from 1972.

ROFL

KurtCobain 12-10-2012 03:50 PM

Im actually very worried that we won't get a home playoff game until Manning retires. I really enjoyed that Ravens game it was really something on a different level. I would love to get to go to another playoff game, but I just don't see it with Manning in the division playing at the level him in the Broncos are right now.

ptlyon 12-10-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9197160)
Fixed It

THIS

and yes, I'm old as shit

69 Chiefs, 70 super bowl. Tit for tat

Reaper16 12-10-2012 03:50 PM

Quick turnarounds can happen in the NFL. Look at the Colts this year. They aren't very good, but they're in line for a playoff spot. And the new GM and coach turned over more than half the roster.

BigRedChief 12-10-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9197151)
1999 Rams, my friend. 1999 Rams.

All this league requires any more is quarterbacks. If I was the GM, my roster would contain 52 quarterbacks and a center, and I would have a dynasty. Any team can win it all if they get a top quarterback.

THIS!

If we blow or the selected QB blows, draft another and keep drafting a QB until we get our QOTF.

You get a good QB, things can turn around real quick.

Brock 12-10-2012 03:55 PM

The dry spell started a long time ago.

BigMeatballDave 12-10-2012 03:55 PM

As long as Clark gets the right people in here, we're okay.

Phobia 12-10-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9197189)
As long as Clark gets the right people in here, we're okay.

You mean like 3x executive of the year and a young hotshot coordinator from one of the SuperBowl teams?

Brock 12-10-2012 03:59 PM

There is no reason this team shouldn't be a lot more competitive than it is. This is caused by a screwed up environment within the team. Yeah, they need a QB, but let's not pretend the talent level isn't up to snuff in most other aspects of the team. They're just mailing it in.

|Zach| 12-10-2012 03:59 PM

My worry is sort of the same but sort of different in that I am concerned that Clark Hunt is unable to create a culture of winning with his organization. There is only one common denominator with all of this losing we have done and it is the Hunt family.

I think Clark means well...I think he wants to be a winner in this league and not just create a decent business and make money but I don't think he knows how to build that culture in his operation. The way businesses operate starts at the top. I am worried about that.

htismaqe 12-10-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9197163)
I always have optimism for change. Especially when it's the kind of broad sweeping change we're about to see. New guys at ALL of the important franchise positions.

I think if we hit the bullseye on any one of the GM, HC, or QBs we acquire, the franchise will at the very least start winning games again. 7-9s and 8-8s. If we hit on two of them, we're challenging for the division. If we nail all three, then we've successfully obtained what all the other great teams have around the league, and can start seriously doing some damage.

If we hire another Pioli, however, who then hires another Haley/Romeo and drafts/trades for a Matt Cassel and becomes irrationally attached to the turd, then we're doomed like you say.

THIS.

loochy 12-10-2012 03:59 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-avbNQXO5B2...7T+SKEERED.jpg

|Zach| 12-10-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9197192)
You mean like 3x executive of the year and a young hotshot coordinator from one of the SuperBowl teams?

Exactly. He did what we all wanted him to do and it still isn't working. This thing is bigger than a few players and a GM.

Brock 12-10-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9197199)
Exactly. He did what we all wanted him to do and it still isn't working. This thing is bigger than a few players and a GM.

A few players, a GM, and a coach who isn't looking over his shoulder at the GM would make a lot of problems go away.

Hammock Parties 12-10-2012 04:02 PM

The common denominator isn't Hunt.

It's shitty hires.

Carl hiring Herm was a shitty hire.

Clark hiring Pioli was a shitty hire.

The second we get a good GM or HC in here we'll be competitive again.