ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Irrational Fears (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271583)

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2013 12:41 PM

Irrational Fears

I finished up an application for a grant this morning. As part of the process, I needed to include all transcripts from all institutions I attended. Even though I know what my GPA was, before I opened my copies of the transcripts an irrational fear plagued me. "What if someone changed a grade? What if there was a misprint on my degree?"

Every semester before I would open grades I'd have the same fear and I'd have to psych myself up the way someone does before a set on the bench before opening them.

I also hate clowns and want to kill every clown I see.

What are your most bizarre/irrational fears?

Oh, and before someone gets it in post #2:

First Round QB/Chiefs

Mr_Tomahawk 03-29-2013 12:43 PM

Ants.

There are too many to keep track of...

F**K it, I'm outtahere.

Buehler445 03-29-2013 12:44 PM

We load our sprayer on a truck and haul it, chemical, and water around the county. I'm ALWAYS worried shit is going to fall off even though I tied it all down.

I've even stopped a mile down the road and checked everything more often than I'd care to admit.

Dayze 03-29-2013 12:45 PM

snakes.

Steron 03-29-2013 12:45 PM

Ghosts, even though I don't believe in them.

The Burger King. He's just creepy.

Dayze 03-29-2013 12:46 PM

and I always have a dream that I'm in the navy on the carrier, and I can't find my uniforms. then, somewhere along the line, I suddenly 'realize' that my enlistment was up like 5 months prior and I somehow 'forgot' to go home.

****ing weird.

kc rush 03-29-2013 12:46 PM

Bats

houstonwhodat 03-29-2013 12:47 PM

Chinese women driving mini-vans in the rain at rush hour.

Ace Gunner 03-29-2013 12:48 PM

midgets. in football unis.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2013 12:50 PM

I have the "forgot" dream, but it always involves me being enrolled in a class for about 13 weeks before I realize that I've never attended class. I have that dream at least twice a month.

mlyonsd 03-29-2013 12:51 PM

Wasps. If I'm on a ladder and a wasp surprises me acting pissed off I'd jump off even if it was 3 stories. Bees don't bother me. Just those awful flying wasps that evolved from some alien planet and flew here just to terrorize me.

Munson 03-29-2013 12:51 PM

Mediocre QBs.

RedDread 03-29-2013 12:52 PM

http://i.imgur.com/qrLEV.gif

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 9538274)
Bats

I once shot a bat with some pheasant load. That's all I got.

ThaVirus 03-29-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9538263)
We load our sprayer on a truck and haul it, chemical, and water around the county. I'm ALWAYS worried shit is going to fall off even though I tied it all down.

I've even stopped a mile down the road and checked everything more often than I'd care to admit.

I get anxious about things like this, particularly with locking the door to my house and turning off the stove. If I cook something and know I'll be leaving my house a short time later, I'll always be sure to triple and quadruple check to make sure I've turned the stove off before I leave.

Also, I think from the fact that doing things like locking your door become so automatic over time, I often can't remember if I've done it when I leave the house. For this, I've irrationally spent loads of time wondering if I completed the action or not. I used to be REALLY bad about this, but lately I've learned that the fear is pretty irrational and have been able to get over it after the first passing thought...

On a bit of a different note, I have a pretty irrational, well, I can't call it fear, but I am very hesitant to swim in murky water. That hesitation mainly comes from crocodiles and sharks. I still swim in the ocean and love doing so, but the thought is always in my mind.